Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a cupan tae and red snaxs
    Side note: anyone else finding boards very slow and struggling with the thanks button? It's gone a bit glitchy again for me as well.

Sorry about that BB, I was dangling string in front the kittens and they came off the threadmill, hence the slow down at that time..........

kittens-on-a-treadmill

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Arghhh! Gran!

I just lobbed my phone across the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Feeling :( because now coming to the conclusion that I possibly won't be home again until at at least Christmas, if not next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Feeling :( because now coming to the conclusion that I possibly won't be home again until at at least Christmas, if not next year.

Stay cool PP. Loads of us in similar boats worrying about lots of stuff. Try to stay positive to some degree if you can. I've gone from hero to zero in terms of earnings. Still on the ever decreasing PUP and hellbent on making a comeback next year and better than I ever have been. The last 6 months have been a reset button for me. Made me think and made me want to change how I do things.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Stay cool PP. Loads of us in similar boats worrying about lots of stuff. Try to stay positive to some degree if you can. I've gone from hero to zero in terms of earnings. Still on the ever decreasing PUP and hellbent on making a comeback next year and better than I ever have been. The last 6 months have been a reset button for me. Made me think and made me want to change how I do things.

Yeah, you're right. Logistically trying to work it out. We'll be open right up until the evening of Christmas Eve so I'll have to wait and see. If I can't get home I'll have to make the best of it. And also get back on the dating apps so I might have someone to talk to at least 😜

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am so sick of Covid. It isn't going anywhere anytime soon so like you say Duvet wash the hands, wear your mask and do your best. We are all touched by it but our experience will be different. I'm getting married next year and I'll be dammed if I'm letting it negatively impact my day.
    We can take precautions or we can lock ourselves up.

Wait, married? Delighted for you!

Yeah, you're right. Logistically trying to work it out. We'll be open right up until the evening of Christmas Eve so I'll have to wait and see. If I can't get home I'll have to make the best of it. And also get back on the dating apps so I might have someone to talk to at least 😜

The loneliness is a fuçkah.

Sardonicat wrote: »
    The loneliness is a fuçkah.

It really is. Feeling it a bit more now because I've had so much time to think, and because I've been single for so long.

• Advertisement

Wait, married? Delighted for you!

Yes. I can hardly believe it Grem. Imagine someone wanting to put up with a lifetime of terrible drawings and dodgy feet :D

Thank you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

On the whole covid thing. I've been thinking about it a bit lately and the affect it's having on us all collectively and even how at times like this, people probably need stuff like these here chats/ craic/ interactions on tinternet more than ever. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I haven't or anyone close to me hasn't actually contracted covid or I don't even know anyone who has. However the lurking of covid in the background, what used to be the norm just being taken away and the not seeing any sign of when it may end or get back to normal has taken it's toll on us all collectively I think. It's affected everyone in different ways. Believe me I'm a hardy bastard in lots of ways but I can feel how it's affected me aswell. We've been chatting about it in work and everyone is feeling it I think. So let's try and be as nice to each other as we can and understand everyone is suffering with this.

We will get there though. I've no doubt. My money is still on next autumn/ Christmas shopping season, things being pretty much normal again.... I seen it in the cosmos! :D

Onshuh wrote: »
    I seen it in the cosmos! :D

Nah. That was just the farty ar§es up on Venus letting rip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Sardonicat wrote:
    Nah. That was just the farty ar§es up on Venus letting rip.

No that's Uranus..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

I can only upload pics as a link, maybe just as well.
    Met this dude on the stairs last week as I was heading for bed. Haven't worked out how much rent to charge yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Met this dude on the stairs last week as I was heading for bed. Haven't worked out how much rent to charge yet.

Sardi, do not open that link!!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

oh no, will it upset Sardi? Will I delete it?

If fairness I think we should start a GoFundMe for Sardi's therapy sessions at this stage, we're pushing it now lol.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

There's an optical illusion in that pic. The blue paint looks like the sky, which makes your guest look about 6 feet wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

We've her warned now :)

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

More spiders? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly ...
    Quite apt for this thread I think :pac:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly ...
    Quite apt for this thread I think :pac:

How's your web Mam? 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭thomil

Ran into a spider myself earlier today while cleaning my apartment, quite a big fella as well. Decided not to squash it after all, and what do you know he's a pretty nice guy.

Turns out he's a web developer :pac:

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ye are all so mean :(

I’m with Sardi as I’m also terrified of spiders.

More dog pics please :D

Night all

Onshuh wrote: »
    No that's Uranus..... :D

That's also very possible. Sorry. IBS, you know. Dreadful scourge.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thomil wrote: »
    Ran into a spider myself earlier today while cleaning my apartment, quite a big fella as well. Decided not to squash it after all, and what do you know he's a pretty nice guy.

Turns out he's a web developer :pac:

tenor.gif

No need to delete a link, Sam. It's just when they pop up unexpectedly on the page when I'm scrolling through I get a sudden panic reaction. Could end up breaking my phone.

When my nephew was about 5 he had a Stewart Little computer game, very cartoonish animation from a mouse's perspective of a house. Every now and then a spider would creep into view and I ended up screaming, throwing the controls across the room and running out. My little nephew said 'Get a grip, it doesn't even look real'! I refused to play it with him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭3d4life

Autosport wrote: »
    ...More dog pics please :D
    Night all
    +1

Also, Many Congrats to Poly, 'tis great news :)

• Advertisement

I'm the same Sardi! Absolutely beyond petrified. If I see one in a room and then it disappears before someone can remove it, I just won't go back in there. like for months! :D Once there was a massive fella on my curtains and I woke my brother to get rid. He tried to catch him but he dropped to the floor and disappeared. I slept on the sofa and the next day my lovely brother took every single item out of my bedroom, every piece of furniture, every piece of clothing, everything!! Scoured the place and Hoovered every inch. Then brought everything back in searching each and every piece as he did. My room was never as clean and organized. I went to bed that night and couldn't sleep with fear.. turned on the light and lo and behold there's the spider back on the curtains. Brother caught it this time! :D

Unfortunately I opened sam's link before I saw the warning! I'll have nightmares tonight!!! I'll have to bring a cat to bed with me. They're spider hunters.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement