Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Having a very bad day .

thomil wrote: »
    Deskside, trying to wrap my head around that discovery on Venus that was announced an hour or two ago.

What was that? I've been hiding awat from the world for two hours missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Deskside, trying to wrap my head around that discovery on Venus that was announced an hour or two ago.

2020 has given us enough, can we just but that on file, in a filing cabinet for another few decades/centuries.

Heading out for dinner and 2 pints. To hell with Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,812 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardonicat wrote: »
    What was that? I've been hiding awat from the world for two hours missed it.

A gas (phosphine) has been discovered that's usually an indicator of life (anaerobic bacteria)... If memory serves that's bacteria that does not need oxygen to survive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭thomil

A gas (phosphine) has been discovered that's usually an indicator of life (anaerobic bacteria)... If memory serves that's bacteria that does not need oxygen to survive.

You took the words right out of my mouth...

Just to add to that, the quantities detected are apparently several orders of magnitude in excess of what could be expected by non-biological processes alone, meaning we could be looking at an indirect proof of life on another planet. There are still a lot of uncertainties though, and it’ll take an atmospheric sample mission to Venus to get a definitive answer.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Heading out for dinner and 2 pints. To hell with Monday.

Have a third for me please Duvet .

Nothing to report here , making chicken lasagne .

Nothing to report here either. Heading to the beach with the dogs, then curry for dinner afterwards.

You took the words right out of my mouth...

Just to add to that, the quantities detected are apparently several orders of magnitude in excess of what could be expected by non-biological processes alone, meaning we could be looking at an indirect proof of life on another planet. There are still a lot of uncertainties though, and it’ll take an atmospheric sample mission to Venus to get a definitive answer.

So, there are aliens on Venus who fart a lot? ; )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Sardonicat wrote:
    Having a very bad day .

Hope things improve Sardi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭thomil

Sardonicat wrote: »
    So, there are aliens on Venus who fart a lot? ; )

Must be related to a guy I used to have to work with... :eek:

At this point I'm just glad that it's nothing worse. Given how 2020 has been going, I wouldn't have been the slightest bit surprised if they'd discovered a protomolecule outbreak on that planet.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,048 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Duvet you rebel,joining the Monday club. Go girl.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 16,473 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've dragged and kicked myself through the day, I think I need about 15 hours sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Great news in the space world! Now this can make sense for the first time ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k_2Q5I8py0&ab_channel=GrindhouseFan

Lovely walk on the beach with the two big dogs then a second walk elsewhere with the little dog. On first walk my elderly retriever met a man! An elderly lab! And they just started walking together. So cute. On the second walk we saw lots of swans and signets. Also so cute.

Just stuffed myself with green curry!

I'm wrecked now.

526359.jpeg

526360.jpeg

My Fortune Cookie tonight said, "Opportunities surround you, if you know where to look," Some lucky numbers and a grape.:confused:

I haven't even had the food yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

that's cool :) what do you work as, if you don't mind me asking?

Sadly I didn't get to cahir in the end, had a headache from lack of sleep :(

I'm a civil servant! Some would say uncivil but it depends on the day : )

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Bed + telly for another 45 mins

#notcomplaining :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside tired

I see all the doggos are getting all the camera attention again ����

����

Heres a massive a spider I saw today on our window ��

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

One very tired Auto, damn tax year and Audit, if the auditor doesn’t visit me this week I’ll cry :(

In other news loving the dog pics :D

• Advertisement

Deskside tired

I see all the doggos are getting all the camera attention again 😾😾

😛😛

Heres a massive a spider I saw today on our window 😮

Sleep with one eye open tonight, Seph.. Bet there are lots of little babies lurking around.

@seph .. vomit!!!!
    @purple mountain.. vomit!!!!!

No more quoting Sephs post.. cause you know... VOMIT!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Stunning pics BuileBeag, beautiful dogs , and view !

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Stunning pics BuileBeag, beautiful dogs , and view !

And the cutie wet nose.

Seph, that's terrifying. Giving me flashbacks here. You can tell him his Dublin cousin is not doing great though... :pac:

Hope you've double checked all the windows and doors. And I'd block up the chimney too just in case :eek:
    Oooh that feeling in the middle of the night when you're not sure if it's your imagination or a breeze or really a little spidey friend getting up close and personal to say hello...

Sweet dreams :)

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Seph, that's terrifying. Giving me flashbacks here. You can tell him his Dublin cousin is not doing great though... :pac:

Hope you've double checked all the windows and doors. And I'd block up the chimney too just in case :eek:
    Oooh that feeling in the middle of the night when you're not sure if it's your imagination or a breeze or really a little spidey friend getting up close and personal to say hello...

Sweet dreams :)

Over the summer I actually found 2 tiny little money spiders in my pillow cases (separate occasions) while lying in bed.

Sometimes I like to scare myself for fun, imagining the scariest most awful thing that could be like lurking under the bed or creeping up behind me. And it's ALWAYS a giant monster spider: 6 foot tall, hairy legs and closing in fast... :D

Thanks Mam!!

Cali and PM.. are ye trying to get rid of me or what?! I'll have that creepy crawly feeling all night now! sHiVeR

Deskside tired

I see all the doggos are getting all the camera attention again ����

����

Heres a massive a spider I saw today on our window ��

That's a simple over fed Paddy Spider. I chased a similar but darker one out of Ms G's room a few week ago. Then I told her, no more eating in your room as these guys feed on scraps and get bigger! However. I do have a False Widow Spider outside my Kitchen window. It drops down in the early evening and goes back up by night fall. The markings are spot on with its shape aswell. Trying to catch it so I can send it to the spidey people that want it,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside at home, after a long drive back from Cork. Tired and off to the scratcher soon.

Was nice to meet a few people I hadn’t seen in a good while and catch up, but as it was a funeral, a shame that it wasn’t in happier circumstances.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement