Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who Wants to Be a Millionaire with Jeremy Clarkson

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ I'll be honest.. I'm a movie buff and really like Hitchcock, and even I thought it was Tippi Hedren. Tough question I thought.

As for the "Toxic" question.. very disappointing for a science teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,514 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Must start watching some old episodes. That was a tricky question though and i love Hitchcock.

The old episodes are infinitely superior.
    Clarkson seems to have reverted to type in this series, he is back to being a snide bollix.
    He seems to enjoy people failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Clarkson seems to have reverted to type in this series, he is back to being a snide bollix.

I don't see that IMHO. I agree he could be bit of a prick in the earlier seasons sometimes, but in the last few he's improved a lot.

VG31 wrote: »
    I don't see that IMHO. I agree he could be bit of a prick in the earlier seasons sometimes, but in the last few he's improved a lot.

I agree. He’s put his own stamp on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Is this episode not a Celeb special with Steve Carrell in the chair?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

We have a young lady from Ballykelly in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Aww sh1t. That was quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oof...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 692 ✭✭✭unhappys10

Don't understand taking stupid risks in the early questions if you haven't a clue of the answer. Deserved to go for not using lifelines etc.
    I've a feeling this lad will do well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

unhappys10 wrote: »
    Don't understand taking stupid risks in the early questions if you haven't a clue of the answer. Deserved to go for not using lifelines etc.
    I've a feeling this lad will do well.

He was a bit dull though!

• Advertisement

The old episodes are infinitely superior.

Be honest, you don't like Clarkson anyway, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Always fear the first 5 questions, just may be an area you're not familiar with.
    I think JC is much more in tune with the contestants in this new series. Maybe he's not playing to the live audience.

denartha wrote: »
    Be honest, you don't like Clarkson anyway, do you?

I'm not a fan of him no, but I did think he had mellowed a bit on the last series and was less nasty but he seems to have reverted to type from the few episodes I've seen this week.

Is tonight going to be ''worth watching'' do we know or are there more eps next week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

A guy on tonight wins the million, I don't know why the put that out public as the surprise is better , Jeremy said that he rattled off the 15 questions in the quickest time ever , quick check his ears !!!!!!

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5889028/who-wants-millionaire-tonight-jackpot/

Thargor wrote: »
    Is tonight going to be ''worth watching'' do we know or are there more eps next week?

Tonights the night

Storm 10 wrote: »
    A guy on tonight wins the million, I don't know why the put that out public as the surprise is better , Jeremy said that he rattled off the 15 questions in the quickest time ever , quick check his ears !!!!!!

https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/5889028/who-wants-millionaire-tonight-jackpot/

Any coughing in the audience?

Storm 10 wrote: »

It could be a woman

I'm not a fan of him no, but I did think he had mellowed a bit on the last series and was less nasty but he seems to have reverted to type from the few episodes I've seen this week.

"Less nasty". I honestly have never seen him be "nasty" on WWTBAM. Aside from an incident with a cameraman, I've not seen him be nasty to anyone.

Perhaps his humour is not one compatible with your own.

denartha wrote: »
    "Less nasty". I honestly have never seen him be "nasty" on WWTBAM. Aside from an incident with a cameraman, I've not seen him be nasty to anyone.

Perhaps his humour is not one compatible with your own.

What was that?

• Advertisement

What was that?

I presume they mean the Top Gear producer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Was it last night or is it tonight that a fella rings his phone a friend....his wife....and.....(didnt see last night and dont want to ruin it)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,104 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah and either him or another also rang the mother's husband.
    Note tonight starts 30 mins earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

So the million is tonight then?

Just double-checking

Water John wrote: »
    Yeah and either him or another also rang the mother's husband.
    Note tonight starts 30 mins earlier.
    Thanks for that, didnt even bother checking. Fecks sake great idea pulling a switch like that for the biggest episode of the series with no warning, Im sure all the viewers that are going to miss the first half of it will really appreciate this genius decision.

So the million is tonight then?

Just double-checking
    I'd have almost assumed it'll be the last show of the week..

.. such an anti-climax to be expecting it though! :(

This lad ain't getting there anyways..

Basq wrote: »
    I'd have almost assumed it'll be the last show of the week..

.. such an anti-climax to be expecting it though! :(
    The ITV announcer even referenced it at the start, what is wrong with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,981 ✭✭✭Unearthly

The ITV announcer even referenced it at the start, what is wrong with them?

Desperate for ratings i say

• Advertisement

Did anyone see the contestant, Donald Fear? He looked like Davyth Fear who won £500,000 two(?) seasons ago?

Advertisement