Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Christmas Pudding to a Christmas Cracker - Weight Loss Motivation

Options

Comments

Well done for sticking it out, that's brilliant work! :)

Those share packs are just lethal! We had to stop buying them.

I lost all motivation for a couple of weeks, so I'll be starting back at beginner level tomorrow. My food was very good over the last two weeks, except for the snacking in the evening. Routine helps me massively, so hopefully I won't struggle too much in breaking the bad habits!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭Jude13

I had a +.01kg gain this morning despite a big workout yesterday morning. I am sure the 23k walking in the heat the day before skewed my weigh in yesterday and I am just normalizing. Weigh in for week one tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Eat a whole packet of Rich Tea biscuits yesterday. :(

Wish I had your will power Jude.

Ha, you mean Eskie's, I am 6 days in an wobbling.

Jude13 wrote: »

I'm on day one :) you're doing great!

• Advertisement

As a day 6er I found day 1-3 tough. My OH ate a magnum a few days ago whilst describing the crunch and taste to wind me up, it was way more irritating than I thought. My hangryness is huge at the moment. My dog got its toy ball caught under the tv unit and was whining so load that I could hear the tv, I got up out of the chair, lay down and wedged my arm in to get it, then stood up and smashed my head off the corner of the tv. I had to walk straight out the hall door to cool off. This is very unlike me.

Oh that's tough, hanger is horribly unpleasant to go through, but it'll get easier! Think of the reward when you get to your goal :)
    I found guided meditation before bed really good for helping my hanger, still felt hungry, but it helped the crankiness a bit. Gentle yoga in the morning is good too. Deep breathing, and lots of herbal tea (and maybe an extra coffee).

I agree with all that but I am tinkering on the edge of knife in relation to time management. If we get 30-60mins in the evening its lucky. My OH teaches yoga so I have no excuse. I am avid believer in mindfulness and it helped me rid myself of a 6 year bout fear of flying.

I'm on day one :) you're doing great!

I'm on my third cup of coffee and no biscuits so far so guess that's a start!

You are both doing great.

It's amazing the effect food (or lack of it) can have on you. When i was limiting my calories previously i felt very tired and irritable.

I agree, the last time I was counting my macros I was trying to put on weight, I couldn't stand the sight of another chicken breast. I was foot loose and fancy free and training 6 days a week.

I cannot physically train enough to get past my diet, and its not even that bad. I would like to say that its a time constraint but that's only part of it. Father time is killing my metabolism and I cant keep up anymore.

I plan to get to a weight I can maintain. That was previously the plan however being okay with 5kg over what I wanted had the compounded effect of many 5kgs.

• Advertisement

@TRS30 That's such a good start! Having tea or coffee is when I'm liable to have a treat. I didn't even have a rice cake with my morning coffee today so that was a little victory for me too :)

@Jude13 I can't imagine how hard it is to try and fit in everything, 24 hours just aren't enough. You've made an excellent start, and are doing brilliantly having reached day 6 :)

I have the luxury of being at home and having the time to work hard and reach my goals. I had lost sight of that about 5 or 6 weeks ago, and felt quite blue for a lot of reasons. I'm back to my old positive self, and ready to focus again after having had some good talks with a friend and my OH, and also hearing the news I've been waiting on for 3 years... My blood results are almost like that of a normal person :) I usually hate when they use the word normal but it's a huge win for me, so I'm hoping to ride that wave for the next few weeks. Hopefully by then I'll be seeing some results in my fitness/weight loss to keep me on the positive and motivated train!

@TRS30 That's such a good start! Having tea or coffee is when I'm liable to have a treat. I didn't even have a rice cake with my morning coffee today so that was a little victory for me too :)

@Jude13 I can't imagine how hard it is to try and fit in everything, 24 hours just aren't enough. You've made an excellent start, and are doing brilliantly having reached day 6 :)

I have the luxury of being at home and having the time to work hard and reach my goals. I had lost sight of that about 5 or 6 weeks ago, and felt quite blue for a lot of reasons. I'm back to my old positive self, and ready to focus again after having had some good talks with a friend and my OH, and also hearing the news I've been waiting on for 3 years... My blood results are almost like that of a normal person :) I usually hate when they use the word normal but it's a huge win for me, so I'm hoping to ride that wave for the next few weeks. Hopefully by then I'll be seeing some results in my fitness/weight loss to keep me on the positive and motivated train!

Delighted to hear your good news Eskie and that you are feeling more positive :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    Delighted to hear your good news Eskie and that you are feeling more positive :)

Thank you! I'm killed out after my work out. I dove right back in, skipping the beginner workouts I was planning on doing. I'm going to be achey and creakey tomorrow :pac:

Had the gym this morning at 6am. It is the end of week one and I am down 2.9kg/6.4lbs. I had expected more for the pain of restricting my diet so much but I just have to persevere.

I had a tough day in the gym finishing on the prowler. I also found that on my 'pull' exercises my grip was giving way before the muscle group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Well done - that’s a good loss.

Had the gym this morning at 6am. It is the end of week one and I am down 2.9kg/6.4lbs. I had expected more for the pain of restricting my diet so much but I just have to persevere.

I had a tough day in the gym finishing on the prowler. I also found that on my 'pull' exercises my grip was giving way before the muscle group.

Fair play that is a great start.

On the grip issue maybe look for some liquid chalk as i know a lot of gyms dont like the real stuff.

TRS30 I used the chalk (provided by the gym which is nice) for my last sets. My keyboard trained hands just need to build up I guess.

TRS30 I used the chalk (provided by the gym which is nice) for my last sets. My keyboard trained hands just need to build up I guess.

Wear the callouses as a badge of honor! :D

They are my chew toys.

They are my chew toys.

I'm more a picker then a chewer!

• Advertisement

Ooh that's a brilliant start! Congrats!! That's the weight of my cat :D

I wasn't too achey today, just my quads complaining. I resisted temptation by only having one chocolate and orange rice cake with my herbal tea yesterday evening, and I have been very good so far today.
    I was a bit late getting to my work out, I was thinking too much about it and put myself off a bit. I thought I would find it tougher but actually managed to do 8 minutes more than I did yesterday. I was being a lot more careful and a bit slower today with the aches and creaks, I don't want to push too hard too soon.
    Looking forward to dinner shortly :)

Ooh that's a brilliant start! Congrats!! That's the weight of my cat :D

The two oldest kids got in their heads that they wanted to weigh themselves. So one is 20kg and one 15kg.

I now appreciate the workout element of lifting, carrying, them etc!!

+8 mins is great. Better to start slow not to injure yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,191 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Still sticking to my diet, amazed my willpower has resisted given the work situation the last week or so, but did my midweek weigh in and down another kg (2.25 lbs) from Saturday. As I've been steady in my exercise (albeit reduced a tad at the moment) and diet its starting to show now, still 2lbs over my 'walking around' weigth & 7lbs away from my 'running' weight as I call them, but seeing room in my clothes again which is a real positive & moral booster. I suspect I had a fair amount of bloating too as theres no way I've lost inches on my waistline, so need to lay off the 'windy' foods a bit :D
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Great work Dvb! It's tough going.

I didn't have even one rice cake yesterday, the hangriness is starting to catch up though. A delivery arrived today so I'm happy for the moment :D

I was very happy to get the extra 8 minutes in, I'm working my way back to doing a full hour. I'll be going slow again today, still a bit achey, but not as bad as I expected.

Good going Eskie!!

I was way down on my steps yesterday, 7k down to be exact, so after the little one went to bed I went for a jog, I was hoping to not just do the 7k steps but also make up for the last two days. 34 degrees and 75% humidity ruined that plan. I got to my 12k target but was utterly wrecked, it was 5.5km.

The jog also completely skewed my weigh in this morning as I was dehydrated, it was also leg day again.... My hip flexor is burning and aching. I need to do yoga.

Ouch! Mind yourself!

I really need to get my steps up, I have a fitbit but I'm not very good for wearing it.
    I'm wearing jeans today and they're actually ok :D

I'm wearing jeans today and they're actually ok :D

Always feel that clothes are a much better indicator of how you are doing then a scales.

^^so much of this

• Advertisement

Definitely, if I get up on the scales, I also have the measuring tape out.

It's a rest day for me today, and I'm counting down the minutes to dinner. I think this evening might be a struggle.

Advertisement