Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

Graham wrote: »
    Have you descaled?

Twice I thought ours had died a death, both times all it needed was a thorough descale.

Yep , do that when the light is on so I don't think there is an issue with limescale

pull out your brew unit- is it moving smoothly up and down fully if you try to press it manually?

if not, it can cause all manner of mess internally.

clean/grease videos available online

Interesting , never considered the infuser .

I have never greased it before .

What grease do folks use for this ? Where can I get it .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Barr wrote: »
    Yep , do that when the light is on so I don't think there is an issue with limescale

When ours was particularly stubborn, making 'coffee' with the descaler solution unblocked the spout.

Followed by 2 or 3 runs of the descaling cycle with just clean water.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

This is on the way to me ...

Amazon link

Mine is 6 years old - the original bargain :) .... and it has been used 3-4 times a day in those 6 years. Great machine!

Getting a little bit creaky so going to grease it up. Also going to change the O-Ring which has never been changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m getting a slight rim of coffee grind in my cup at the moment. Is that likely to be the beans or something else?

• Advertisement

keith_d99 wrote: »

Amazon link

Mine is 6 years old - the original bargain :) .... and it has been used 3-4 times a day in those 6 years. Great machine!

Getting a little bit creaky so going to grease it up. Also going to change the O-Ring which has never been changed.

Thanks , I'll give this a go as well .

Mine is over 6 years old with no bother till now. Its probably due some maintenance by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Thanks , I'll give this a go as well .

Mine is over 6 years old with no bother till now. Its probably due some maintenance by now.

You didn’t change beans or anything recently?
    Or did you change your grind settings at all?

Check the the pucks in the bin ... and see if it is defo wet through. If they are wet ... it could be grinding too finely?

https://youtu.be/XYuGUAgXBvU

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00APYQTPQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_u4StFb6YMH8CM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Amazon link

Thanks for the grease link. I have been trying for ages to find someone who will post it to Ireland at a reasonable price. Most Amazon suppliers won't deliver here. It should be a bargain alert by itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 genius200iq

Have the same machine about 5 years, reckon the descaler light come on after X amount of coffees dispensed, descaled it once, after about 18 months , light came back on, have not bothered since, coffee tastes the same.
    Your worrying too much about your coffee, just make it , drink it and enjoy it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭asharkman

Have the same machine about 5 years, reckon the descaler light come on after X amount of coffees dispensed, descaled it once, after about 18 months , light came back on, have not bothered since, coffee tastes the same.
    Your worrying too much about your coffee, just make it , drink it and enjoy it.

I did the same thing. Every time i turn it on i think, oh i should really descale this.....

You didn’t change beans or anything recently?
    Or did you change your grind settings at all?

Check the the pucks in the bin ... and see if it is defo wet through. If they are wet ... it could be grinding too finely?

Never touched the settings at all . Just left it as it came out of the factory.

Then the other morning it started grinding the beans straight into the black plastic waste container . No coffee out the spouts .

Checked the coffee in the waste container and it is dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭CWF

I took out the brewing unit and took it apart as per the video but there doesn't appear to be any piston inside? Definitely nothing like the one in YouTube video with the red o rings on it. Anyone know what's going on?

photo please, or a description of what it does look like

if its a delonghi magnifica esam 4200 it has that unit. its actually used across a few ranges

photo please, or a description of what it does look like

if its a delonghi magnifica esam 4200 it has that unit. its actually used across a few ranges

Here you go.

push down on the silver plate, should slide out the bottom

I found this video straightforward which was posted .

Worth a look for anyone attempting some maintenance

Sorted. Thanks.

did it do the job?

did it do the job?

It did indeed. I thought that circular steel plate was screwed in and didn't realise I could push it. It was quite rigid but its all good now, nice and greased up. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

CWF wrote: »
    It did indeed. I thought that circular steel plate was screwed in and didn't realise I could push it. It was quite rigid but its all good now, nice and greased up.Thanks again.

That’s great but did you fix the coffee machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Is this the same machine that was in the original alert https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001EOMZ5E/ does it ever go for less than £299 does anyone know? looking at it in Harvey Normans yesterday and it is €599

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

bobbyg wrote: »
    Is this the same machine that was in the original alert https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001EOMZ5E/ does it ever go for less than £299 does anyone know? looking at it in Harvey Normans yesterday and it is €599

make sure you check amazon dot de as well, usually cheaper than the UK site, just remember the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00400OMU0?tag=haggle-web-de-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB

The ECAM 22.11 is 279 on the German site, about 30 euros delivered.

I have this model about 3 years and cannot fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

djdunny wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00400OMU0?tag=haggle-web-de-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB

The ECAM 22.11 is 279 on the German site, about 30 euros delivered.

I have this model about 3 years and cannot fault it.

I've never ordered from Amazon Germany, is it a straight forward process?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

IrishHomer wrote: »

Yes, I got mine from Amazon Germany.
    You can use your Amazon UK account to login, handy to use a browser with translator built in, but it's basically the same process as ordering on Amazon UK.
    Arrived in a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

IrishHomer wrote: »

Exact same. Only thing to be aware of the is plug which comes with the unit will require an adaptor.

and the keyboard will have funny symbols

• Advertisement

What's a good price for this machine these days? Warehouse or otherwise

Advertisement