Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bought one on Amazon yesterday @ £249. Did no research other than reading through this thread. Had a Nespresso the last few years but the quality of the coffee wasn't great so wanted to get a bean to cup. Looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

franglan wrote: »
    Thanks, the infuser was out yesterday for a soak. Sounds like an electrical issue tbh.
    Yeah, I clean the infuser every week without fail and motion moves smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Anyone know how this compates to the original?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭djdunny

mcgovern wrote: »

I have this one and love it, having done a bit of a comparison, there isn't a huge difference between them, I think the one you post is just a newer model compared to the original. Go for it, you wont look back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

the only issue with that - coming from Italy is the plug issue - well its not really an issue but its worth noting.

I recently bought a Krupps blender and forgot that i needed to get an adapter when it arrived.

Not a major concern really, just thought i would mention it

• Advertisement

I bought one earlier from amazon Germany 320 euro inc delivery, almost 100 cheaper than amazon uk. anyhow seeing as I will be moving on from my Nespresso machine (used daily for the last 2.5 yrs & still working perfect) can someone recommend some beans. I like strong flavour but not necessarily a bitter taste, I don't like any kind of flavoured coffee, probably a single roast would be best, last time I bought beans was in the 90's :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

I bought one earlier from amazon Germany 320 euro inc delivery, almost 100 cheaper than amazon uk. anyhow seeing as I will be moving on from my Nespresso machine (used daily for the last 2.5 yrs & still working perfect) can someone recommend some beans. I like strong flavour but not necessarily a bitter taste, I don't like any kind of flavoured coffee, probably a single roast would be best, last time I bought beans was in the 90's :eek:

I get beans from discountcoffee.ie.

Some great value there. My current beans are Saol Caife Temple Bar

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

Has anyone seen any good deals on these again? Looking for a good bean to cup. Preferably with the milk frother included.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ciaranmul wrote: »
    Has anyone seen any good deals on these again? Looking for a good bean to cup. Preferably with the milk frother included.
    Keep an eye on Amazon Warehouse Deals would be my advice..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B001EOMZ5E/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=all

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

ciaranmul wrote: »

I went with this one from Amazon DE in the end, just had to get a plug adapter.
    Worked out about €315 with delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I went with this one from Amazon DE in the end, just had to get a plug adapter.
    Worked out about €315 with delivery.

https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/delonghi%20magnifica

Good site for Amazon Price comparisons across European Amazon sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭EletricMan

Where do people buy the descaler for their machines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

My Magnifica arrived this week. Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Mine is out if warranty and has developed a fault , It grinds the beans and just before it starts adding water it hesitates/stalls and the Water Empty light comes on and that it is , It will complete descaling process fine but will not make a coffee. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

EletricMan wrote: »

I know Harvey Norman sell them, think it was 12 euro for a bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Bought this at Tesco, less than €2 I think.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭highdef

I just use citric acid, can be bought in the chemist and will last you a long time, probably years. I have very soft water and have no limescale but perform the descaling when prompted as it'll do no harm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭maidhc

I have one of the original ones of these in an office environment for the past 5 years or so. It has got a desperate hammering really, but still works perfect. Great buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

Esse85 wrote: »
    Aldi

Interesting. What product in Aldi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

franglan wrote: »
    Interesting. What product in Aldi?

Either Oust or https://www.aldi.co.uk/multi-purpose-descaler/p/002803337850203

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

I took a punt on a Melitta Varianza from Amazon's Italian warehouse. The condition was described as Used-Acceptable with a long list of possible damage. It's €750 new and I paid €217. I fully expected it to be in tatters, and that if it worked at all it would be a bonus. When it arrived, the box was damaged and it had obviously been sold and returned and the screen had slight water damage. But other than that, it was perfect. Nothing was missing and it doesn't have a scratch. Best bargain I ever got. If anyone else fancies a punt, there is another one available for €240. Don't mind the three star review on Amazon. This is a quality machine and a steal at this price.

https://www.amazon.it/Melitta-Varianza-installazione-Automatica-Macchina/dp/B00NXVCCSG/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=automatic+coffee+machine&m=A1HO9729ND375Y&qid=1595434904&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-2#

https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/melitta-caffeo-varianza-csp/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

Dante7 wrote: »
    I took a punt on a Melitta Varianza from Amazon's Italian warehouse. The condition was described as Used-Acceptable with a long list of possible damage. It's €750 new and I paid €217. I fully expected it to be in tatters, and that if it worked at all it would be a bonus. When it arrived, the box was damaged and it had obviously been sold and returned and the screen had slight water damage. But other than that, it was perfect. Nothing was missing and it doesn't have a scratch. Best bargain I ever got. If anyone else fancies a punt, there is another one available for €240. Don't mind the three star review on Amazon. This is a quality machine and a steal at this price.

https://www.amazon.it/Melitta-Varianza-installazione-Automatica-Macchina/dp/B00NXVCCSG/ref=sr_1_2?__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&dchild=1&keywords=automatic+coffee+machine&m=A1HO9729ND375Y&qid=1595434904&s=warehouse-deals&sr=8-2#

https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/2016/07/29/melitta-caffeo-varianza-csp/

Does it really require a quick blast in the microwave?
    Is that normal for bean to cup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I have melitta at home and delonghi in work.

Melitta my favorite by a mile.

stesaurus wrote: »
    Does it really require a quick blast in the microwave?
    Is that normal for bean to cup

No, it doesn't need microwavng. In the settings you can change the temperature for the milk and water/coffee for each type of drink. All machines that automate the frothing and steaming of the milk will struggle to get the milk to very high temperatures, but this machine does a very good job. I also use the insulated cappuchino glasses from Lidl.

How long have you had yours? Seems most of the bad reviews are for faults that start to arrive after a while. Amazon are usually pretty good though with returns or issues

stesaurus wrote: »
    How long have you had yours? Seems most of the bad reviews are for faults that start to arrive after a while. Amazon are usually pretty good though with returns or issues

I only have it a couple of weeks, but it is a solid unit. Melitta are a very reputable German brand. I read up on the machine and came across a coffee drinkers forum where the machine was discussed and the topic of the bad Amazon reviews were mentioned. The people on the forum, who seemed to be in the know, reckoned that the people who gave it low scores were clueless. Most of the complaints seem to be about the water tank being too small - which is fair, as it is only 1.2L, and that the machine sometimes complains about not having beans in the hopper, when it does. I haven't had this problem. If I was paying €750 for the machine, I might be a bit more picky, but at €220 I'll live with having to fill it with water twice a day.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Darc19 wrote: »
    I have melitta at home and delonghi in work.

Melitta my favorite by a mile.

What makes it better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

mik_da_man wrote: »
    What makes it better?

Better looking, quieter, stays in ready mode for longer.
    And I prefer the smaller tank as you remember to put fresh water into it which makes for a better coffee

• Advertisement

I caved and bought the Melitta last night! So any recommendations for a decent bean

Advertisement