Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

stimpson wrote: »
    I’ll probably get shot for this, but I upgraded from my DeLonghi to this:

https://www.gaggiadirect.com/bean-to-cup-shop.html#!/Gaggia-Naviglio-Bean-to-Cup-Coffee-Machine/p/73672640/category=17767053

£20 shipping to Ireland but found this code still works for £20 off - CB2019FEB

It is better than the DeLonghi in every way, apart from not having a clear water reservoir.

FWIW, all the low end DeLonghis have the same brew group so the coffee will be the same. The difference is styling, led displays and auto milk frothing.

How is it better? My DeLonghi esam2800 grinds the beans puts water under high pressure through it and give me coffee. It is nice every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

bromley52 wrote: »
    How is it better? My DeLonghi esam2800 grinds the beans puts water under high pressure through it and give me coffee. It is nice every time.

You can remove the drip tray without opening the service door. It’s shorter, so you can have it under a kitchen press and still get beans into it. You can precisely set the amount of water in a shot (and a double shot). If you press the shot button twice it will make 2 shots back to back while you make breakfast. More powerful steam nozzle. The inside doesn’t get coffee grounds spread everywhere. And it gives a nicer shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

You can remove the drip tray without opening the service door. It’s shorter, so you can have it under a kitchen press and still get beans into it. You can precisely set the amount of water in a shot (and a double shot). If you press the shot button twice it will make 2 shots back to back while you make breakfast. More powerful steam nozzle. The inside doesn’t get coffee grounds spread everywhere. And it gives a nicer shot.

Yeah but apart from all that..?

Yeah but apart from all that..?

Brought peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

I’ll probably get shot for this, but I upgraded from my DeLonghi to this:

https://www.gaggiadirect.com/bean-to-cup-shop.html#!/Gaggia-Naviglio-Bean-to-Cup-Coffee-Machine/p/73672640/category=17767053

£20 shipping to Ireland but found this code still works for £20 off - CB2019FEB

It is better than the DeLonghi in every way, apart from not having a clear water reservoir.

FWIW, all the low end DeLonghis have the same brew group so the coffee will be the same. The difference is styling, led displays and auto milk frothing.

I'm in the market for a budget bean to cup, would you recommend this one over any of the Delonghis in that price bracket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,991 ✭✭✭Barr

There will probably be good deals to be had, getting close to Black Friday for anyone in the market.

ciaranmul wrote: »
    I'm in the market for a budget bean to cup, would you recommend this one over any of the Delonghis in that price bracket?

I would. I’ve had the delonghi ESAM2800 so I think I can give a fair comparison. I think the 2800 can go for about £250 but I think the Gaggia is worth the extra few Bob.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭ciaranmul

I would. I’ve had the delonghi ESAM2800 so I think I can give a fair comparison. I think the 2800 can go for about £250 but I think the Gaggia is worth the extra few Bob.

Thanks so much. Can you fit a normal sized cup under the spout??

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

This just dropped below £300 for the first time in about a year.

De'Longhi Magnifica S, Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, Espresso and Cappuccino Maker, ECAM22.110.B, Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00400OMU0

Also available from Germany at around £250.

I'm not 100% sure if this would be recommended by the more knowledgeable people here and I think I might wait a few days to see if we get anything better but I said I'd share incase someone gets use of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

BamesJond wrote: »
    This just dropped below £300 for the first time in about a year.

De'Longhi Magnifica S, Automatic Bean to Cup Coffee Machine, Espresso and Cappuccino Maker, ECAM22.110.B, Black

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00400OMU0

Also available from Germany at around £250.

I'm not 100% sure if this would be recommended by the more knowledgeable people here and I think I might wait a few days to see if we get anything better but I said I'd share incase someone gets use of it :)

I have that machine for nearly 4 years now, its been used 5 or 6 times a day and hasn't missed a beat would highly recommend it

• Advertisement

ciaranmul wrote: »
    Thanks so much. Can you fit a normal sized cup under the spout??

Yes - the spout moves up and down so you can sit it over an espresso cup or move it up for a mug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

It was a great purchase but like others have said it needs time to work out.

I heat milk in microwave first. Then i do two shots (1 cup setting). One at 10am and one at 2pm water settings.

It is a magnificent spanish style cafe con leche and no need to buy coffee in petrol stations anymore.

In regards to using ground coffee, is the plastic spoon sufficient? I habent tried it much. If i pour it freely in is that a mistake? I have a small amount of Seattle’s Best ground left in a bag.

NATLOR wrote: »
    I have that machine for nearly 4 years now, its been used 5 or 6 times a day and hasn't missed a beat would highly recommend it

Is there away to increase the temperature of the coffee in this machine ? In the older machine it never came out very hot .

Barr wrote: »
    Is there away to increase the temperature of the coffee in this machine ? In the older machine it never came out very hot .

Yeah there are 4 settings. have always had in on the highest and find the coffee to be good and hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Some day I will want to upgrade. But this was such a good bargain in Argos I’m going to be screwed when I replace it. I’ll never match the price even close lol

Yeah there are 4 settings. have always had in on the highest and find the coffee to be good and hot

That seems to be the only difference between the original machine .

Things haven't moved on much in 6 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭franglan

That seems to be the only difference between the original machine .

Things haven't moved on much in 6 years
    Where's the heat settings? Have this machine 2 years and never noticed it?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭GSOIRL

Hey. Just looking for some help. I have the original machine but the steamer bottom has broken. Has this happened to anyone else? If so how did you fix it?

franglan wrote: »
    Where's the heat settings? Have this machine 2 years and never noticed it?

I have the older machine and it was not possible to change the heat of the coffee . However another poster , see post # 1485 , this model you can up the temperature.

• Advertisement

I've bit the bullet and ordered a new machine.

I figure after 6 years my De'Longhi owes me nothing in daily use .

I went with the De'Longhi ECAM22.110.SB which looks to be the newer verion of the op model .

I bought it in argos €362 , it is cheaper on Amazon at the moment but figured less hassle to collect it this afternoon :)

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7081383/Trail/searchtext%3EDELONGHI+COFFEE.htm

Done a alot of research and this seems the coffee is as good as the most expensive models .

I was going to try the fully automated milk versions but there is lots of complaints that the milk is not really hot .

I went with the De'Longhi ECAM22.110.SB which looks to be the newer verion of the op model .

I bought it in argos €362 , it is cheaper on Amazon at the moment but figured less hassle to collect it this afternoon :)

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7081383/Trail/searchtext%3EDELONGHI+COFFEE.htm

Done a alot of research and this seems the coffee is as good as the most expensive models .

I was going to try the fully automated milk versions but there is lots of complaints that the milk is not really hot .

Nearly €100 cheaper on Amazon Germany if you prepared to wait for a bit

€271 shipped
    includes a filter and descaler

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B07GBVJ2F8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Thats the model i have, great machine to be fair. never any trouble with it and have it over 2 years

€271 shipped

https://www.amazon.de/-/en/gp/product/B07GBVJ2F8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&psc=1

Fec.k , thats got me thinking again :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭PreCocious

€271 shipped

Thanks for that link. I've been humming and hawing about a new machine and that sealed the deal.

I've ordered one now from .de as well . Thanks Natlor .... nice saving .

I could have lived with paying 30/40 euro more from argos but that is too big a saving .

€271 shipped

Annnnnndd it's gone.
    I've been on the lookout for a coffee machine for the past few weeks and this is the deal I was waiting for by missed :D. Typical.

Looks like I got it just in the nick of time . I have an argos code here if you want it :D

Ah, early bird and all that lol.

I'll keep an eye out and maybe another offer will come up sooner rather than later. I'll have to keep this thread on refresh just incase :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

BamesJond wrote: »
    Ah, early bird and all that lol.

I'll keep an eye out and maybe another offer will come up sooner rather than later. I'll have to keep this thread on refresh just incase :D

I picked one up from the .de website warehouse for 250 just there

Advertisement