Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using DeGiro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Every Degiro user should go to Settings - Product Settings - and ensure they have Standard Shares and Complex Shares enabled. If you don't click it and do the tests. They have some fairly normal stocks classified as "Complex".

If you're doing Options etc do the tests for those too.

Yes I have now done both, but it only applies to shares that you have not previously traded. So I wasn't aware of this requirement until I tried to trade this new share and I'm using Degiro about four years now. Hence the word of caution to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Mav11 wrote: »
    Yes I have now done both, but it only applies to shares that you have not previously traded. So I wasn't aware of this requirement until I tried to trade this new share and I'm using Degiro about four years now. Hence the word of caution to others.

Think we've all got caught with it recently. Pity they didn't email all users about it. We've all got caught trying to buy something, then waste 15 mns doing tests, then come on here to tell others.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Joey321

Hi, has anyone set up there new bank account with degiro yet?? I set mine up so am just wondering when I send money to this account how do I know that it has arrived? is it automaticly credited to you degiro account? or do you have to transfer again from that account into your degiro account? A bit confused about this. Anyone that can help with this. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Joey321 wrote: »
    Hi, has anyone set up there new bank account with degiro yet?? I set mine up so am just wondering when I send money to this account how do I know that it has arrived? is it automaticly credited to you degiro account? or do you have to transfer again from that account into your degiro account? A bit confused about this. Anyone that can help with this. Thanks.

Same as before, once the transfer is received it will show up on your balance.

Basically the Flatex account seems to be fully integrated as your Degiro balance (I don't think they are not 2 separate things).

And it seems as quick as it was before.

@Bob24 Thanks for that, so if I withdraw money which account does it go into, does it go into the flattex account or the irish account that you use to transfer money from..

• Advertisement

@Bob24 Thanks for that, so if I withdraw money which account does it go into, does it go into the flattex account or the irish account that you use to transfer money from..

I haven't withdrawn since the move to Flatex tbh, but I assume if your go to the Irish account you are mentioning (the Flatex account isn't a stand alone account on which you can transact independently as far as I can tell; it is the same thing as your Degiro cash balance).

@Bob24, Thanks again for that, just one last question as Im jus setting this account up now to tranfer money into my degiro account. Just noticed that the account is in germany 'DE' is that correct?

@Bob24, Thanks again for that, just one last question as Im jus setting this account up now to tranfer money into my degiro account. Just noticed that the account is in germany 'DE' is that correct?

No worries. Yes correct, the account is with Flatex in Germany so it has a DE IBAN.

@Bob24, Thanks for your help with this.

Is there a €10k daily spend limit on Degiro?!?

Ignore, I'm an idiot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Hibrasil

Flatex actually own DeGiro now - a takeover arrangement!!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭a_squirrelman

SauNewb wrote: »
    Regarding the Flatex Bank account - Do people receive bank statements or any communication from the bank?

I'm not happy about having a new bank account setup in my name that I don't directly control.

One of my biggest concerns is that I might move, won't be able to update my address with the bank - and someone else will receive my data.

I don't see how it's any different to the MMF, they own Degiro now, if you move you update in Degiro and I guess that's that.

SauNewb wrote: »
    Regarding the Flatex Bank account - Do people receive bank statements or any communication from the bank?

I'm not happy about having a new bank account setup in my name that I don't directly control.

One of my biggest concerns is that I might move, won't be able to update my address with the bank - and someone else will receive my data.

It isn’t like a standalone bank account. It is completely linked to and integrated with you Degiro trading account. To my knowledge the statements are basically integrated within Degiro as your cash balance history, and the contact details associated to the account are the same ones for the trading account and the Flatex account (so as long as your contact details are up to date in Degiro they are up to date as far as the Flatex account is concerned).

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SauNewb

I don't see how it's any different to the MMF, they own Degiro now, if you move you update in Degiro and I guess that's that.

Thanks.

I found the terms and conditions.
    They look fairly solid - so I deleted my previous message.

2. Communication
    Given that the Cash Account will be used exclusively as a clearing account for securities transactions, custody and administration of Client’s DeGiro account, the communication with flatex Bank is exclusively carried out via DeGiro's WebTrader. The Special Conditions Cash Account for DeGiro Clients and other contractual documents from flatex Bank are entered into via DeGiro’s WebTrader. Any amendments to the Special Conditions Cash Account for DeGiro Clients and other legal documents from flatex Bank shall be communicated to Client via DeGiro’s WebTrader and/or directly to Client’s e-mail.

3. Dispositions / Reference Account
    It is not permitted to use this account for payment transactions (cheque withdrawals, direct debits, cheques, etc.) and therefore, this account is not considered as a payment account according to Article 2 (5) of Regulation (EU) No. 260/2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭manonboard

App and website is crapping out something terrible on me today. No numbers anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

manonboard wrote: »
    App and website is crapping out something terrible on me today. No numbers anywhere

Same

manonboard wrote: »

Having a bit of a mare alright, there’s a notice about a data issue when you login

• Registered Users Posts: 20 kegblag

How do people pick their funds and etfs on degiro? Is there a good source of information available?

It's different than stocks - if you're buying a company then you've targeted it for some reason - no one's going to browse through nasdaq shares in alphabetical order - which is what I sometimes start doing with funds on degiro.

My plan is to move cash into the market week by week for a couple years - if I've a share in mind I'll buy a share but if I can't I'd like to have a fund as my default weekly investment. This would be reasonably long term 10-20 year window.

Possibly thinking of two funds - lower risk cash like fund and a more equity based fund.

Maybe I can live with about the 8 year rule for deemed disposal - "luckily" I'm the wrong side of 50 so that becomes a little less of an issue. I might start selling up funds for day to day spending before they hit that deemed disposal date.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭adam240610

I have shares on E*Trade and want to transfer them to Degiro, I seem to need degiro's DTC number but can't seem to find anything anywhere, anyone have any insight?

Thanks a mil, this is giving me some headache

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Aidan Harney

I've just done a bank transfer of let's say 500 euro.
    While I wait I've looked and on my account it says I've 50 quid 'available to trade', most possibly from some earlier transactions.
    Question....
    Would I be right in thinking that I can plan to buy shares, once the 500 comes through, for 550, so I can use this 50 already there??

Now I write that, it seems clear enough, but no harm double checking.
    Grma.
    A

• Advertisement

I've just done a bank transfer of let's say 500 euro.
    While I wait I've looked and on my account it says I've 50 quid 'available to trade', most possibly from some earlier transactions.
    Question....
    Would I be right in thinking that I can plan to buy shares, once the 500 comes through, for 550, so I can use this 50 already there??

Now I write that, it seems clear enough, but no harm double checking.
    Grma.
    A

Yes, €50 now and the €500 when it comes in, hopefully before US opens.

I see you did the bank transfer recently. Doubtful it'll be in your account today. Most likely tomorrow.

Anybody know if you can upgrade your account so you can trade options without having any leverage on you account, say 50% le average ón next level account but I only want to trade what I have and don't want any leverage credited to my account.

Anybody know if you can upgrade your account so you can trade options without having any leverage on you account, say 50% le average ón next level account but I only want to trade what I have and don't want any leverage credited to my account.

If you have a custody account you cant do any of the fancy stuff. If you have a trading account your shares can be lent. But, you cannot upgrade/switch your custody account, it has to be opened up separately.

@Chinese Whoseps, I currently have a basic account but want to trade option, the next account I can trade up to is an active account but that gives margin trading upto 50%, as I do not want the margin credit can I have an account with only what I have in it and also be able to trade option, I do not want 59%available credit on my account,

@Chinese Whoseps, I currently have a basic account but want to trade option, the next account I can trade up to is an active account but that gives margin trading upto 50%, as I do not want the margin credit can I have an account with only what I have in it and also be able to trade option, I do not want 59%available credit on my account,

I have options set and it auto gives margin. Similarly I don't want it but can't seem to see how to turn it off. I ignore it, main problem is when I buy, it doesn't alert if I've gone beyond my cash balance

@Shedite27, Exactly, that's why I don't want to have that, I think I'll sent an email to see if I can upgrade my accout without having the 50% credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

Does anybody know of its possible to view the performance of your portfolio on a graph over a period of time on Degiro?

Although the daily +/- is useful, it's be handy if I could see how the portfolio is performing over a longer period than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Rothmans wrote: »
    Does anybody know of its possible to view the performance of your portfolio on a graph over a period of time on Degiro?

Although the daily +/- is useful, it's be handy if I could see how the portfolio is performing over a longer period than a day.

Not that I know of and I've been with degiro from the beginning, it'd be a nice feature allright

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brooksrunner

Hi guys, quick question I would like to invest in two etf funds on degiro the ishares all world and ishares emerging markets.
    Being a resident in Ireland which fund should I pick I cant see any registered in Ireland on the list.
    Apologies in advance for the stupid question

• Advertisement

degiro acting up for anybody else?

Advertisement