Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crimes that have stayed with you for years

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Yes. Chief suspect is her partner. Speculation that he had help in disposing of her body and given a false alibi by some people close to him.

Remember Sunday World headline with some guy with a Fourtrak covered in country music stickers,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,089 ✭✭✭Be right back

I watched some of a documentary about a missing Utah woman, Susan Powell. Quite disturbing background and sad outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭The_Dark_Lord

The racially-motivated abduction and murder of 15 year old schoolboy Kriss Donald in Glasgow in 2004. The poor boy was tortured and murdered by a gang of men of Pakistani origin who were out for revenge after they'd been attacked the night before by a white gang. Kriss Donald was an innocent boy who did not know his attackers, he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. One of the most diabolical crimes in recent history.

This podcast gives a detailed account of the crime.

https://player.fm/series/true-crime-scotland/ep-06-kriss-donald

Not forgetting Karen Buckley from Cork who was also murdered in Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Trans Ann

Febreeze wrote: »
    That was a horrible one in fairness.

I heard he was having an affair with one of his students and she became pregnant. Rumours though.

• Advertisement

chicorytip wrote: »
    There is a complete lack of compelling evidence to enable the Gardai to solve the particular cases particularly in relation to Annie McCarrick, JoJo Dullard and Eva Brennan. McCarrick, Dullard and Jacob were, more than likely, abducted and murdered either by the same individual or different individuals. Who can say? A long period of time has elapsed since these events occurred making successful prosecutions all the more unlikely.

Was JoJo Dullard not rumoured to have been taken by a local farmer in Moone and buried on his land under cement? Rumours though.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think Graham Dwyers crimes will live long in the memory. Especially following the trial, day after day more shocking details came out. Just when you thought you couldnt be shocked any further it comes out that he enjoyed stabbing women while having sex with them, it was real WTF stuff.

Then the fact he had gotten away with the murder for around 18 months but cracking it all came down to a Garda getting in a lake to retrieve a bag that contained a set of keys and handcuffs. The keys had a Tesco clubcard fob on the ring which linked them back to Elaine o'Hara. The case would never have been solved without that Garda being so persistent.

Yes, how he manipulated her really stuck with me, she was so vulnerable...how dare he. Absolute prick.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 Thomas Hudson

The racially-motivated abduction and murder of 15 year old schoolboy Kriss Donald in Glasgow in 2004. The poor boy was tortured and murdered by a gang of men of Pakistani origin who were out for revenge after they'd been attacked the night before by a white gang. Kriss Donald was an innocent boy who did not know his attackers, he was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. One of the most diabolical crimes in recent history.

This podcast gives a detailed account of the crimel]

Imagine the reaction if the races were reversed?

and nobody convicted. the chief suspect in that is also a suspect with the trevor deely thing.

funny you say that roma girl crime stuck with you cos IMO it seemed like nobody cared about her

God I never heard that, poor child. How is the suspect a suspect in Trevor deeley I wonder?

Remember Sunday World headline with some guy with a Fourtrak covered in country music stickers,

How do locals let him get away with it.

• Advertisement

joe40 wrote: »
    The Anna Kriegel killing was particularly disturbing, especially considering the age of the killers

Yes and a few miles away but unrelated that poor family of three girls in Kilcock co Kildare burned alive by a local apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The trial and conviction of Peter Scully is one of the most mind bogglingly heinous things I have ever read, words cannot describe what I would happily pay to see happen to him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Scully

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The trial and conviction of Peter Scully is one of the most mind bogglingly heinous things I have ever read, words cannot describe what I would happily pay to see happen to him.

I wish i hadnt read that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Stopped after a few lines.

Don't recommend reading that.

Disgusting individual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

The two poor Polish guys who were stabbed with a screwdriver in their temples by a young Dublin lad. I will always remember that. I think out of sheer sympathy and sadness of course. But mainly shame and embarrassment to be Irish when word filtered through to the Polish people. It was absolutely shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Does anyone remember Marilyn Rynn who was murdered at Christmas in Blanchardstown where she lived.

The murderer was apprehended by DNA that survived because of the cold weather apparently. A kind of normal guy by the sounds of it, but obviously not in the end. He's probably out and about now.

Trans Ann wrote: »
    Yes and a few miles away but unrelated that poor family of three girls in Kilcock co Kildare burned alive by a local apparently

WHAT? I know I sound ghoulish don't mean to, but that one doesn't register with me.

Does anyone remember Marilyn Rynn who was murdered at Christmas in Blanchardstown where she lived.

The murderer was apprehended by DNA that survived because of the cold weather apparently. A kind of normal guy by the sounds of it, but obviously not in the end. He's probably out and about now.

I do. It was very big news. Apparently her murderer is related to Larry Murphy.

I do. It was very big news. Apparently her murderer is related to Larry Murphy.

Can't comment on that because I don't know.

Anyway if you subsribe to podcasts, there is an episode on the Mens Rea one that deals with this case, if you are interested.

• Advertisement

Can't comment on that because I don't know.

Anyway if you subsribe to podcasts, there is an episode on the Mens Rea one that deals with this case, if you are interested.

Thought I read it before they're related.

Thought I read it before they're related.

Never knew that he was a cousin of the infamous one. Thanks for the screenshot.

Honestly what the F is going on in Baltinglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,039 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yes. Remember this well. Mid 90s. The cold weather nailed that scumbag..

She was at her Xmas party in The Old Sheiling hotel, Raheny. From there into city centre and back to Blanch if I recall. He then struck when she was close to her home..

walshb wrote: »
    Yes. Remember this well. Mid 90s. The cold weather nailed that scumbag..

She was at her Xmas party in The Old Sheiling hotel, Raheny. From there into city centre and back to Blanch if I recall. He then struck when she was close to her home..

As I mentioned earlier the mens rea podcast is harrowing but very interesting. May she RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,039 ✭✭✭✭walshb

As I mentioned earlier the mens rea podcast is harrowing but very interesting. May she RIP.

I need to check, but believe that this man is out now. David Lawler the name. Could have sworn I read that he was out. And in his 50s only. Think he was early 30s when he killed that woman..disgusting to think he is free..

Yes: cousin of that animal, Larry Murphy...and appears to be free since 2014..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think Graham Dwyers crimes will live long in the memory. Especially following the trial, day after day more shocking details came out. Just when you thought you couldnt be shocked any further it comes out that he enjoyed stabbing women while having sex with them, it was real WTF stuff.

Then the fact he had gotten away with the murder for around 18 months but cracking it all came down to a Garda getting in a lake to retrieve a bag that contained a set of keys and handcuffs. The keys had a Tesco clubcard fob on the ring which linked them back to Elaine o'Hara. The case would never have been solved without that Garda being so persistent.

I reckon he'll get out on appeal.

I reckon he did it, but I still think he'll get out on appeal.

walshb wrote: »
    I need to check, but believe that thus man is out now. David Lawler the name. Could have sworn I read that he was out. And in his 50s only. Think he was early 30s when he killed that woman..disgusting to think he is free..

I wouldn't be a tiny bit surprised if he is out now. Same goes for many other murderers also.

The law abiding citizens are trapped with FPNs for speeding etc. and insurance increases, but murderers are free. I rest my case.

Anyway with hope he will be monitored forever on a murder charge if released. I say that more in hope than certainty.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I reckon he'll get out on appeal.

I reckon he did it, but I still think he'll get out on appeal.

Won't happen IMV but if it does, we may kiss goodbye to justice here forever more.

That poor vulnerable woman god help us all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nexytus

Never knew that he was a cousin of the infamous one. Thanks for the screenshot.

Honestly what the F is going on in Baltinglass.

Murphy was also friends with killer - crerar.

Wonder exactly how close that circle were.

• Advertisement

Nexytus wrote: »
    Murphy was also friends with killer - crerar.

Wonder exactly how close that circle were.

I often wondered about that connection, it was in the general area so I just had a WTF moment when Crerar was convicted after a LONG time. Hope he is still banged up anyway.

Advertisement