Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Pcjobless wrote: »
    How long did it take for smt results to come back? I wonder how many more people are still waiting as I heard they’ve Mexicali’s and smt running up to mid September

My SMT results were another 6 days so took 12 days in total

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Tashbash wrote: »
    Everyone who failed their pca and then passed are having their medicals atm. Some need their vetting completed again as it expires after 1 year

I wasn't aware it expired after 1 year. Thanks for that :) are you going through vetting again?

I'm still going through it for the 1st time lol

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

Gonzo94 wrote: »
    I wasn't aware it expired after 1 year. Thanks for that :) are you going through vetting again?

I'm still going through it for the 1st time lol

I'm not as my vetting doesn't expire for a few months :)

Fingers crossed it comes through for you soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Pcjobless

G18 wrote: »
    Got my medical pass the next day. Was surprisingly quick.

When did you do you medical and how many days did it take before you got smt back

• Registered Users Posts: 23 G18

Few weeks ago. Came through approx 10 days later
    When did you do you medical and how many days did it take before you got smt back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 football22

Anyone get a call the past few weeks/ anyone have any news?

football22 wrote: »
    Anyone get a call the past few weeks/ anyone have any news?

I don't think there will be any calls until the end of September

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shz93

Hey all! Wondering if anyone has got their SMT result before their medical and if so how long after did it take for medical result to come through? I was under the impression I would have had my medical through long before SMT but no luck yet.

Shz93 wrote: »
    Hey all! Wondering if anyone has got their SMT result before their medical and if so how long after did it take for medical result to come through? I was under the impression I would have had my medical through long before SMT but no luck yet.

How long have you been waiting? I'd give recruitment or occupational health an email. I got my medical result within a week and my SMT was around 2 weeks.

How long have you been waiting? I'd give recruitment or occupational health an email. I got my medical result within a week and my SMT was around 2 weeks.

Almost 2 weeks. I gave them a call today and they said it’s with the examiner, but I know people who did there’s after me and have got their result already. I thought I had no cause for concern but naturally panics now setting in lol.

• Advertisement

Almost 2 weeks. I gave them a call today and they said it’s with the examiner, but I know people who did there’s after me and have got their result already. I thought I had no cause for concern but naturally panics now setting in lol.

If it helps there has been a back log. What date did you do your medical? Have you got results of smt? I’ve only just got all my results from a few weeks ago

If it helps there has been a back log. What date did you do your medical? Have you got results of smt? I’ve only just got all my results from a few weeks ago

13th August and just got my results of smt yday but no medical results yet. Did you get both results together?

13th August and just got my results of smt yday but no medical results yet. Did you get both results together?

Got my Medical results next day and smt about 10 days later. I wouldn’t panic too much at this stage. The process is completely different for everyone. I’m still waiting for vetting to clear and I’m waiting 9 months now 😬

G18 wrote: »
    Got my Medical results next day and smt about 10 days later. I wouldn’t panic too much at this stage. The process is completely different for everyone. I’m still waiting for vetting to clear and I’m waiting 9 months now 😬

Yeah that’s I’ve been thinking, they all but told me I had passed on the day but it’s easy to let the slightest bit of doubt stress you out in this process. Aw no way! Hope it comes through soon for you. I had to resubmit my vetting as I’m a PCA recall candidate, actually came back in 8 weeks the 1st time so hoping it’s less this time around. I could t imagine having to wait on it for that long.

Yeah that’s I’ve been thinking, they all but told me I had passed on the day but it’s easy to let the slightest bit of doubt stress you out in this process. Aw no way! Hope it comes through soon for you. I had to resubmit my vetting as I’m a PCA recall candidate, actually came back in 8 weeks the 1st time so hoping it’s less this time around. I could t imagine having to wait on it for that long.

Your 100% right about the doubt. It’s crazy!! You tell yourself, your fine, everything went well. But it creeps in, in the back of your head.

I called recruitment the other day for an update and couldn’t really get one. I really hope it comes back soon, because I’m really doubting myself now after 9 months haha

Has anyone ever emailed vetting? How long does it normally take them to get back to you?

Has anyone ever emailed vetting? How long does it normally take them to get back to you?

I emailed them at the start of July and got a generic email back from them the same day. I think a few others have done the same and received the same email. They should get back to you within a day or two of receiving your email. Don't expect much though lol. You'll probably receive the same "your vetting status is currently pending" email that we all received.

I emailed them at the start of July and got a generic email back from them the same day. I think a few others have done the same and received the same email. They should get back to you within a day or two of receiving your email. Don't expect much though lol. You'll probably receive the same "your vetting status is currently pending" email that we all received.
    Ah my vetting has expired lol they sent me an email asking if my circumstances have changed. I replied that they haven’t but recruitment haven’t had an update on my vetting status either. I was hoping to be appointable but hopefully this isn’t another 2 month setback

You can't get an update on vetting they will tell you that it is currently ongoing, unfortunately you just have to wait it out. If they need any more info they will contact you.

Does anyone know what it comes up as when your credit report is checked? Splashed out on a credit expert subscription lol. I remember doing it last year as was a good indicator of how far you are through vetting, but can't remember what it was listed as and can't seem to go past 12 months for previous searches on Experian.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Does anyone know what it comes up as when your credit report is checked? Splashed out on a credit expert subscription lol. I remember doing it last year as was a good indicator of how far you are through vetting, but can't remember what it was listed as and can't seem to go past 12 months for previous searches on Experian.

There is a free credit check you can do that tells you if you have been searched I can't remember the name of it but!

I got the free trial of experian today and it has my credit check from last year as ACPO Police or something. But it'll definitely show up on that one under searches

Anyone who’s emailed psni, do you include the z at the start of the email address or leave it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Anyone who’s emailed psni, do you include the z at the start of the email address or leave it off?

I've always included it and had no problems with emails and replies getting through.

It says in the emails they send that if you want to contact them to use the one without the z, when I have emailed that one I get a reply back from the one with the z at the beginning.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    It says in the emails they send that if you want to contact them to use the one without the z, when I have emailed that one I get a reply back from the one with the z at the beginning.
    Yeah that confused me it’s why I’m asking, they leave off the z. I’ve emailed vetting twice now once with the z and once without and I still haven’t received a reply.

Yeah that confused me it’s why I’m asking, they leave off the z. I’ve emailed vetting twice now once with the z and once without and I still haven’t received a reply.

The only time I messaged the z one I didn't get a reply lol
    If you're emailing vetting to ask for an update then all they will tell you is that it is currently ongoing, unfortunately it is just a waiting game. If they need something they will contact you.

NornIron74 wrote: »
    The only time I messaged the z one I didn't get a reply lol
    If you're emailing vetting to ask for an update then all they will tell you is that it is currently ongoing, unfortunately it is just a waiting game. If they need something they will contact you.

I’m not emailing for an update. I was vetted last year and then it expired. I’m asking if I need to redo my vetting.

Bit of a long shot seeing as most people on this thread seem to have moved on. But out of curiosity is there anyone still waiting on vetting? I'm into 10 months wait now. Wondering if there's anyone else waiting a similar length of time haha.

• Advertisement

Bit of a long shot seeing as most people on this thread seem to have moved on. But out of curiosity is there anyone still waiting on vetting? I'm into 10 months wait now. Wondering if there's anyone else waiting a similar length of time haha.

I know some was on this thread or another who was in the same boat. Took 10 months to pass. Unfortunately it’s just a guessing game as to when it will complete. Anyone who passed vetting but isn’t in lost within 6 months automatically has to redo vetting so that could slow things alone with reduced staffing

Advertisement