Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Nuts102 wrote: »

Ryan

Saliba
    TAA
    Coady

---PEA---Mahrez----Greenwood---Mane----SAka

Mitrovic
    Jiminez

McCarthy, Justin, Taylor, Obafemi

Neither of the Manchester teams play GW1

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

cizolin wrote: »
    Please rate my team, any input appreciated

You seem new here so for your own good I'd list out your team in future, IMO people are more likely to comment rather than if they have to click in and out of a pic

With that - I looked at your team and wondered where the money went?
    Ignoring the GW1 blanks and pulisic and shaw being injured you have a lot of lower tier players. DDG should defo go for a 4.5m goalie who you forget about, they'll get the same points over the season. Probably can't stretch to three premium mids, theres great value IMO in the attackers - Aguero, Kane, Jimi, Werner all represent good value I think
    Justin - I wouldn't have him - leicester are without Perriera, Chilwell and Evans, thats their three best defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Has anyone looked at a 4-5-1 with two 4.5 bench strikers and starting four 4.5 defenders?

McCarthy (Steer)
    Saliba-Vinagre-Manquillo-Justin
    Son-Aubameyang-Salah-Mane-ASM
    Werner (Brewster - Davis)

Could Brewster be Sterling 2012?
    In this idea people are going to go on about price points and no flexibility. But in two/three transfers with any of the three 12m in midfield can go anywhere you wish.

Not sure I will go with this myself. But if Brewster goes on loan I am tempted. I have not seen it in many RMT's

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Has anyone looked at a 4-5-1 with two 4.5 bench strikers and starting four 4.5 defenders?

McCarthy (Steer)
    Saliba-Vinagre-Manquillo-Justin
    Son-Aubameyang-Salah-Mane-ASM
    Werner (Brewster - Davis)

Could Brewster be Sterling 2012?
    In this idea people are going to go on about price points and no flexibility. But in two/three transfers with any of the three 12m in midfield can go anywhere you wish.

Not sure I will go with this myself. But if Brewster goes on loan I am tempted. I have not seen it in many RMT's

I just feel like you’re missing out on the fact that there are high scoring defensive players who will do almost as well as the best attacking players

TAA has outscored Son in both the last 2 seasons by a combined amount of 63. Why would Son be worth 1.5 million more to your team? And what’s even more crazy is that you could make the same arguments for Robertson and Van Dijk.

Equally, how many points more from Mane do you expect to get than say Bruno Fernandes? Do you think Doherty would have a bigger disparity over one of your 4.5 million defenders? I think so, even with a regression back on the penalties.

Having both Salah and Mane means a loss of a captain differential also. I think having one is essential most of the time, to have 2 I think they would need to already be in crazy form, meaning they’re both essential even when you can’t captain one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

CSF wrote: »
    I just feel like you’re missing out on the fact that there are high scoring defensive players who will do almost as well as the best attacking players

TAA has outscored Son in both the last 2 seasons by a combined amount of 63. Why would Son be worth 1.5 million more to your team? And what’s even more crazy is that you could make the same arguments for Robertson and Van Dijk.

Equally, how many points more from Mane do you expect to get than say Bruno Fernandes? Do you think Doherty would have a bigger disparity over one of your 4.5 million defenders? I think so, even with a regression back on the penalties.

Having both Salah and Mane means a loss of a captain differential also. I think having one is essential most of the time, to have 2 I think they would need to already be in crazy form, meaning they’re both essential even when you can’t captain one of them.

Had taken on board what you are saying about points earned by defenders and came up with this current team:

McCarthy
    Alexander-Arnold, van Dijk, Doherty, Walker-Peters
    Salah, Aubameyang, Son, Saint-Maximin
    Ings, Mitrovitc

Button, Ritchie, Vinagre, Wickham

Son could be moved to Greenwood with the first free transfer to start the influx of players from teams not playing in game week one and some changes are likely once the preseason lineups are more known but I'm thinking this could be close to my team for the start.

Any advice on changes appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

1st attempt.

Johnstone Nyland/Steer
    TAA Robertson KWP Dier Vinagre
    Salah Auba Son Soucek Gordon
    Werner Mitrovic Davis / 4.5

0.5 in the bank.

I like the look of Johnstone. West Brom have as good a chance as any of being a Sheff Utd type side in terms of solidity. And he's a superb shotstopper. Playing 4.0 is the only reason for the Villa keepers.

TAA needs no explanation. We're all playing with 14 players unless we captain him.

I like the Liverpool defensive double up again. Having both full backs also means I've all Liverpool's set pieces under wraps basically.

Dier is a Jose favourite, and has a good start. They'll be solid IMO.

KWP is a no brainer at 4.5. Southampton getting more solid, and he's impressive attacking flair.

Vinagre is an ideal option if Jonny is out for as long as thought.

Salah. No explanation. Still just about the most explosive player in the game.

Auba. As a mid. Gimme. Probably 0.5 overpriced, but is easily swapped to Fernandes, Sterling, KDB or Mane if necessary.

Son. Taking a punt on Spurs being somewhat effective, certainly to start with. Pretty reliable when fit.

Soucek. As West Ham fans are saying - he could be Moyes' Fellaini. I think it's an FPL oversight to have him at 5.0.

Gordon. Ancelotti is a fan. A great enabler at 4.5.

Werner. It's a punt, whether we all admit it or not. But he's a special player who will definitely start for a painfully attacking team.

Mitrovic. Not too happy with it. But happy, at the moment, to see how he gets on. The best of the bunch at 6.0 IMO.

Davis. 4.5 fodder.

If it's obvious that one of the mooted 4.0 defenders like Ferguson is starting, I'll plump for it.

Still could go Saint Maximin instead of Soucek.

Also, my current setup allows switches to big hitters if necessary.

Disclaimer: this will all probably change 100 times before deadline.

macraignil wrote: »
    Had taken on board what you are saying about points earned by defenders and came up with this current team:

McCarthy
    Alexander-Arnold, van Dijk, Doherty, Walker-Peters
    Salah, Aubameyang, Son, Saint-Maximin
    Ings, Mitrovitc

Button, Ritchie, Vinagre, Wickham

Son could be moved to Greenwood with the first free transfer to start the influx of players from teams not playing in game week one and some changes are likely once the preseason lineups are more known but I'm thinking this could be close to my team for the start.

Any advice on changes appreciated.

I think there’s room for a premium striker there. Van Dijk and Son have some upside but their floor is probably a lot lower than people in their price bracket.

Let’s say Liverpool’s defensive strength regresses. TAA and Robertson’s attacking quality means they probably still won’t be complete write offs. Can the same be said for Van Dijk at 6.5?

For me, Son should not be 9.0 million this season without any set piece points really, and with Mahrez cheaper than him despite having scored more points last season in 500 less minutes.

Son will have less peaks and troughs than Mahrez throughout the season but the key to FPL is being on those cheaper guys at the right times throughout the season so you can afford more of those actual must have premium attackers, which Son is not IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭macraignil

I think there’s room for a premium striker there. Van Dijk and Son have some upside but their floor is probably a lot lower than people in their price bracket.

Let’s say Liverpool’s defensive strength regresses. TAA and Robertson’s attacking quality means they probably still won’t be complete write offs. Can the same be said for Van Dijk at 6.5?

For me, Son should not be 9.0 million this season without any set piece points really, and with Mahrez cheaper than him despite having scored more points last season in 500 less minutes.

Son will have less peaks and troughs than Mahrez throughout the season but the key to FPL is being on those cheaper guys at the right times throughout the season so you can afford more of those actual must have premium attackers, which Son is not IMO

Thanks for the advice.

I agree with your point on Robertson being worth the extra money over van Dijk.

Son as mentioned above was likely to be just in for the first game week and switched to Greenwood once Man. Utd. were playing but there are some other options as well so may change him to Ziyech or Pepe or Willian.

I liked the way Ings was playing at the end of last season so not sure I would want to swap him out. I'm finding it difficult to see much other value in the forward options this year but maybe some preseason results will make the options clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I intend starting the season with both Salah and Mane but switching one to KDB for GW2. Liverpool could start the season with a big win again this season and most teams will have one of them so having both acts as a differential. With both Manc clubs not playing, I will have a full compliment of big hitters with an easy change to another without benching a player I want longer term but not playing in GW1. There is the risk that neither do much, or I captain the wrong one, but I think the risk is worth the potential reward

SlickRic wrote: »
    1st attempt.

Johnstone Nyland/Steer
    TAA Robertson KWP Dier Vinagre
    Salah Auba Son Soucek Gordon
    Werner Mitrovic Davis / 4.5

0.5 in the bank.

I like the look of Johnstone. West Brom have as good a chance as any of being a Sheff Utd type side in terms of solidity. And he's a superb shotstopper. Playing 4.0 is the only reason for the Villa keepers.

TAA needs no explanation. We're all playing with 14 players unless we captain him.

I like the Liverpool defensive double up again. Having both full backs also means I've all Liverpool's set pieces under wraps basically.

Dier is a Jose favourite, and has a good start. They'll be solid IMO.

KWP is a no brainer at 4.5. Southampton getting more solid, and he's impressive attacking flair.

Vinagre is an ideal option if Jonny is out for as long as thought.

Salah. No explanation. Still just about the most explosive player in the game.

Auba. As a mid. Gimme. Probably 0.5 overpriced, but is easily swapped to Fernandes, Sterling, KDB or Mane if necessary.

Son. Taking a punt on Spurs being somewhat effective, certainly to start with. Pretty reliable when fit.

Soucek. As West Ham fans are saying - he could be Moyes' Fellaini. I think it's an FPL oversight to have him at 5.0.

Gordon. Ancelotti is a fan. A great enabler at 4.5.

Werner. It's a punt, whether we all admit it or not. But he's a special player who will definitely start for a painfully attacking team.

Mitrovic. Not too happy with it. But happy, at the moment, to see how he gets on. The best of the bunch at 6.0 IMO.

Davis. 4.5 fodder.

If it's obvious that one of the mooted 4.0 defenders like Ferguson is starting, I'll plump for it.

Still could go Saint Maximin instead of Soucek.

Also, my current setup allows switches to big hitters if necessary.

Disclaimer: this will all probably change 100 times before deadline.

We have very similar teams. I have Aurier instead of Dier, if he leaves I’ll be looking at Bavies or if I knew who starts one of Rose, Foyth, Tanganga or Sess. I’d have them ahead of Dier.
    I have Armstrong over Soucek based on fixtures. Personally think ASM is a trap.

How sure are you Gordon will start, be lovely if he was. You’ve to start one of Gordon/Davis/4.5 forward every week, how viable is that?

I have Perez-Zichek-Kane for your Son-Salah-Davis. Bit punty but one of Zichek/Perez/Kane/Werner will turn into Mahrez/Aguero after GW1

• Advertisement

I’m not mad on all the talk of having transfers planned for GW2. There will be so much information available after GW1 that we don’t have now.

I think my plan is to just leave 0.5 in the bank, so that I can do nearly whoever I want, but that definitely doesn’t stretch towards having a player early on that isn’t in my plans going forward.

You generally end up needing a double figure score to justify it IMO. If someone does it and gets that, fair play for following through on your gut. For someone like Son I imagine his GW1 expected points is below 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

McCarthy (Nyland)
    TAA Doherty Justin Saliba (Ferguson)
    Aubamayang Salah Mane Soucek (Stephens)
    Jimenez Antonio (Davis)

The two 4.5 defenders will change a lot, eye on Burnley defenders, Foyth, Ayling, KWP (tho don't want to double with McCarthy).
    KDB will come in at GW2 for Salah or Mane.
    The extra .5 and the balance of the team will hopefully allow me jump on whatever 5m defender, 5.5m midfielder, or 7m forward hits the ground running.
    Jiminez - Martial could be a runner too if United catch fire and/or Wolves are shattered.

I’m not mad on all the talk of having transfers planned for GW2. There will be so much information available after GW1 that we don’t have now.

I think my plan is to just leave 0.5 in the bank, so that I can do nearly whoever I want, but that definitely doesn’t stretch towards having a player early on that isn’t in my plans going forward.

You generally end up needing a double figure score to justify it IMO. If someone does it and gets that, fair play for following through on your gut. For someone like Son I imagine his GW1 expected points is below 10.

I think it’s fair enough to be planning on bringing on city or United players after GW1 and to have a few players you can turn into one of those assets

Green&Red wrote: »
    I think it’s fair enough to be planning on bringing on city or United players after GW1 and to have a few players you can turn into one of those assets

Yeah, that’s what I’m saying though. Pick a team you want with lots of emergency exits for whoever you want at the end of GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just to follow up on my team, we mustn't sleep on Tierney. Every possibility I could bring him in instead of Robertson or Dier.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Just to follow up on my team, we mustn't sleep on Tierney. Every possibility I could bring him in instead of Robertson or Dier.

I feel with Tierney though that they priced him as high as he could have realistically been though. For me, that means I would have to see him demonstrably show the double figure hauls before I touch him.

I feel with Tierney though that they priced him as high as he could have realistically been though. For me, that means I would have to see him demonstrably show the double figure hauls before I touch him.

I’d agree with this. Arsenal have to show they can defend before I’d pick him up

Green&Red wrote: »
    I’d agree with this. Arsenal have to show they can defend before I’d pick him up
    And the attacking stuff too. He still only has a goal and 2 assists in English football. There is potential there for him to improve that, but they have priced him at the point where his potential probably lies considering Doherty is 6.0 and his potential does not realistically appear to be what Doherty has been the last 2 seasons.

I feel based on what he has done to date that he really should have been 5.0 considering Arsenal had 10 clean sheets last season. That would have been a real decision for people to make IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Happiest I've been with a draft yet:

McCarthy (Nyland)
    TAA Doherty Vinagre Justin (4.0)
    Mané Saint-Maximin Son Soucek (Greenwood)
    Ings Jimenez (Martial)

Decent gw1 team while benching Martial + Greenwood. No Chelsea but may not be the worst idea to give a game or 3 before deciding on their assets

manual_man wrote: »
    Happiest I've been with a draft yet:

McCarthy (Nyland)
    TAA Doherty Vinagre Justin (4.0)
    Mané Saint-Maximin Son Soucek (Greenwood)
    Ings Jimenez (Martial)

Decent gw1 team while benching Martial + Greenwood. No Chelsea but may not be the worst idea to give a game or 3 before deciding on their assets

I like it, but can I ask why you have a plan to get in United players but no plan for City players (or do you)? Asking for a friend who has the opposite problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I like it, but can I ask why you have a plan to get in United players but no plan for City players (or do you)? Asking for a friend who has the opposite problem
    Mané would likely become KdB. KdB aside though, Pep roulette is just such a pain.

first draft Im behind and havent looked too much into it

_________Mc Carthy

Tierney___Vinagre_____TAA

Auba-Perriera(wba)-Mane-Traore-Son

______Mitro________Werner

Steer-Walkerpeters-4.0D-davis

Deffo not in love with it

Mane over Salah is mainly that i feel TAA will assist him more then he does Salah (although it was robertson to salah last year with 4 at pool) most in the league was traore to jimmi with 7

Traore I dont really like probaly need to change that for a dude that doesnt be gauranteed a start

Salah more than 6 goals ahead of Mane’s xG last season and about 1.5 ahead of his xA. Personally I’m very surprised they’re the same price.

Salah more than 6 goals ahead of Mane’s xG last season and about 1.5 ahead of his xA. Personally I’m very surprised they’re the same price.

I was actually surprised to see them the same price tbh, but didnt know there was such disparity on xg

Just looked there and Firmino and mane have the same xg goal assist/90

Firmino just had a stinker in front of goal. all season.

Not that I'll bring Firmino in, If Klopp can get Minanimo doing what he wants he certainly looks a much more dynamic player from the one snippet I saw of him last season

Min looks like a better dribbler in tight spaces then Firmino and Mane maybe will be used more against teams that like to pack the defense

Cheers ill be moving off mane

I was actually surprised to see them the same price tbh, but didnt know there was such disparity on xg

Just looked there and Firmino and mane have the same xg goal assist/90

Firmino just had a stinker in front of goal. all season.

Not that I'll bring Firmino in, If Klopp can get Minanimo doing what he wants he certainly looks a much more dynamic player from the one snippet I saw of him last season

Min looks like a better dribbler in tight spaces then Firmino and Mane maybe will be used more against teams that like to pack the defense

Cheers ill be moving off mane
    Thanks will be doing same

Mane over Salah is mainly that i feel TAA will assist him more then he does Salah (although it was robertson to salah last year with 4 at pool) most in the league was traore to jimmi with 7
    Personal observation but it does seem that most of the crossing assists are Trent-Mane or Robbo-Salah. Makes sense that the RB would cross for the LW and vice versa, Salah would normally be on the same wing as Trent so they don't really cross to each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

My Second main draft, not really 100% happy with any team i seem to draft so gonna stick with this one.

Ryan - McCarthy

TAA - Aurier - Justin - Taylor - Vinagre

PEA - Salah - Son - Souchek - Stephens

Ings - Jimenez - Davies

May take a -4 hit to allow De Bruyne and Greenwood/Martial in on GW2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thoughts on Ritchie? If he is still a likely starter, I’d happily have him over Soucek.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I've seen it said that Wolves are interested in AMN. If they get him, Vinagre might not see much game time but AMN could become an option priced at 5.

• Advertisement

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I've seen it said that Wolves are interested in AMN. If they get him, Vinagre might not see much game time but AMN could become an option priced at 5.
    Wasn't he always on the right side of the defence at Arsenal? Is he a better LB than Vinagre?

Advertisement