Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate my Team 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

McCarthy Ryan
    Robbo Ake JWard Justin 4.0
    Auba Salah Mane Son Gordon
    Mitro Bamford Davis

Switch Salah/Mane to KDB for GW2, then possibly Son to Rashers for GW3.

I think going big in midfield is the route to go this year. Captain the right one regularly and you'll be doing well. Auba is another heavy hitter in there now and looks like Laca is leaving so he will start up front.

On a different note, I think the game would be more interesting if they changed the formation. There are very few strikers worth having yet you have to pick 3. Something like only one striker, 3 in a new line behind and 4 in midfield. Plenty of players who could be in the line bind the striker, obviously points would have to be adjusted too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,246 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    McCarthy Ryan
    Robbo Ake JWard Justin 4.0
    Auba Salah Mane Son Gordon
    Mitro Bamford Davis

Switch Salah/Mane to KDB for GW2, then possibly Son to Rashers for GW3.

I think going big in midfield is the route to go this year. Captain the right one regularly and you'll be doing well. Auba is another heavy hitter in there now and looks like Laca is leaving so he will start up front.

On a different note, I think the game would be more interesting if they changed the formation. There are very few strikers worth having yet you have to pick 3. Something like only one striker, 3 in a new line behind and 4 in midfield. Plenty of players who could be in the line bind the striker, obviously points would have to be adjusted too.

Different team to most.
    Looks decent but Ferguson might take wards place?

Disagree on your general point on strikers Aguero, Martial, Kane, Jimenez, Werner, Ings, Vardy etc plenty of choice.

I would like to see proper positions brought into fpl left back, right back, defensive mid

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Different team to most.
    Looks decent but Ferguson might take wards place?

Disagree on your general point on strikers Aguero, Martial, Kane, Jimenez, Werner, Ings, Vardy etc plenty of choice.

I would like to see proper positions brought into fpl left back, right back, defensive mid

I'd happily go with Ferguson if he takes Wards place, save 0.5

Plenty of strikers, fair enough, I just find it hard to justify going for them given the points scoring potential on offer in midfield. There are several mids who will score as many, if not more, as the strikers and get an extra point every time.

Maybe this is better for formation;

GK x 2 - one starting
    Def x 4 - min 3 starting
    Mid x 4 - min 3 starting
    AtMid x 3 - min 1 starting
    Fwd x 2 - min 1 starting

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I'd happily go with Ferguson if he takes Wards place, save 0.5

Plenty of strikers, fair enough, I just find it hard to justify going for them given the points scoring potential on offer in midfield. There are several mids who will score as many, if not more, as the strikers and get an extra point every time.

Maybe this is better for formation;

GK x 2 - one starting
    Def x 4 - min 3 starting
    Mid x 4 - min 3 starting
    AtMid x 3 - min 1 starting
    Fwd x 2 - min 1 starting

I just base it on blocks of fixtures and try and fit players in based on that. You are right though Midfield seems to be where the value is this year.
    But defensive midfielders always irrelevant in game Kante and Ndidi types non existent. They need a slot and points incentive.

For defenders I am chancing two 4.0m saves cash and hope one starts. Loads of options in defence this year. But midfield options put people off going heavy at back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

McCarthy-lloris

Robertson-Vinagre-Saliba-JWP-Branthwaite

Bruno-Saint Max-Salah-Soucek-Auba

Werner-Antonio-Davis

thoughts please ?

Will look to move Auba to KDB and Robertson to Trent after two weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

miller82 wrote: »
    McCarthy-lloris
    Robertson-Vinagre-Saliba-JWP-Branthwaite
    Bruno-Saint Max-Salah-Soucek-Auba
    Werner-Antonio-Davis

thoughts please ?

Will look to move Auba to KDB and Robertson to Trent after two weeks
    Will you rotate keepers or have McCarthy as perma-sub. If the latter, it might be worthwhile downgrading to a 4.0 sub keeper & upgrading Robertson to TAA from the off. Saves a transfer later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,686 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

First attempt.

Ramsdale
    Douglas..Alexander-Arnold..Doherty..Bednarek
    Willian..Stephens..Pulisic
    Werner..Bamford..Ings

Peacock-Farrell, Greenwood, Tarkowski, De Bruyne

3 subs aren't playing first game week.
    Normally go for 343 or 352.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

523782.PNG

Bargain Basement Bench: Martin | Ferguson | Gordon | Wickham

Think I'll stop till I see some of the preseason games but happy enough with that for now. Salah / Auba should give me captain options for the first four weeks

Thinking Ziyech to a utd asset for GW2 and Auba to KDB / Sterling in GW3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Keita could still become Gini or Hendo - Keita most attacking of the 3 but least likely to start

Keita could be an interesting pic. He only played 800 minutes last year and got 2 goals and 3 assists - if he stays fit and kicks on a bit he could easily double or triple that which would make him superb value at 5.5.

He got 14 goals and 13 assists in the Bundesliga in the two seasons before Liverpool so he has it in him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Will you rotate keepers or have McCarthy as perma-sub. If the latter, it might be worthwhile downgrading to a 4.0 sub keeper & upgrading Robertson to TAA from the off. Saves a transfer later on.

good thinking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Ryan

Saliba
    TAA
    Coady

---PEA---Mahrez----Greenwood---Mane----SAka

Mitrovic
    Jiminez

McCarthy, Justin, Taylor, Obafemi

Nuts102 wrote: »

Ryan

Saliba
    TAA
    Coady

---PEA---Mahrez----Greenwood---Mane----SAka

Mitrovic
    Jiminez

McCarthy, Justin, Taylor, Obafemi

Will Saka start? I was thinking of getting him.

Whatever about Saka who has proven himself to an extent, I seriously doubt Saliba will be starting every week. Arsenal look to be signing another more experienced CB and they already have a few Arteta is familiar with. I'd say Saliba will have to prove himself in cups/Europe first. Very risky to be going with him banking on him starting if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Will Saka start? I was thinking of getting him.

I have been very impressed with him every time i have seen him play but I am sure Arsenal fans would be able to give more insight

But a potential attacking 5.5 player for Arsenal is very tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I have been very impressed with him every time i have seen him play but I am sure Arsenal fans would be able to give more insight

But a potential attacking 5.5 player for Arsenal is very tempting

Is it tempting though? St Maximum and McGinn are the same price and are likely to play every week when fit. Greenwood is also that price for a team that scores regularly and is just as likely to start as Saka.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Finally got around to making my first draft at a team:

McCarthy
    TAA - Vinagre - Justin - Ferguson
    Mane - Sterling - Auba - Soucek
    Werner - Mitro

Ryan: Obafemi - Greenwood - Pieters

- Obviously unhappy with the defence, but I'll gravitate towards better, more assured options before GW1. But the structure of cheap rotating defenders to begin with is a hallmark of what I do.... and yet I'm compromising to include TAA, because I'm going to try and take things more seriously this year, and having ignored Liverpool fullbacks for 2 seasons in a row due to expense, it's no surprise that I've had crap seasons. So he's got to be a set an forget, even if I could really use that 3 million elsewhere!

- In terms of keepers, if it weren't for the blank in GW 1 I'd probably just plump for Pope and Peacock-Farrell but McCarthy at 4.5 represents value.

- Do we have any thoughts on West Brom assets in general? Could they be good for clean sheets? Matt Phillips in midfield at 5.5 could be value too, and who their main forward? At what point does Charlie Austin at 5.5 become an option, or is he too old now to start?

- Midfield pretty much speaks for itself. Although fitting KDB or Sterling into that squad is going to be difficult. Son is great value at 9, too hard to ignore despite Jose, also thought he could actually have been made a forward with all their reclassification, but hey! Soucek is obviously my pet project from the end of last season and at 5.0 it's not unreasonable to bench him at times either.

- Planning ahead slightly, it's why I've accommodated Greenwood at 7.5 on the bench. There's no standouts at around his price that warrant a 1 week punt and wasting a valuable transfer.... but it means getting more solid bench options than I currently have. Ferguson seems to be the vogue 4.0 option but I'm not going to profess that I know anything about him?

- Mitro is Mitro. It's a percentage call, and also I'm stumped as to who else would be a better option unless you move right up to the lower end of the premium options around 9. With that I went for Werner, again covering likely high ownership and Chelsea. If Pullisic wasn't injured, Chelsea would be much more straightforward for me but we are where we are. Don't like Ings and Jimi at 8.5 right off the bat, but maybe not owning Ings last year was a problem for me too? Obafemi - I'm super uncomfortable but at 5.0 he's at least likely to see minutes either from the bench or starting. Injuries could be an issue

It's far from perfect, but it's a 1st draft. Of course like always things will become both more clear and more confusing. Midfield and the pricing of my defenders is pretty much all I'm happy with right now, but that's a start.

Is it tempting though? St Maximum and McGinn are the same price and are likely to play every week when fit. Greenwood is also that price for a team that scores regularly and is just as likely to start as Saka.

Greenwood is 7.5m unfortunately. A fella who is always solid and can get bonus over the season is Westwood. Good for a corner/assist.

McCarthy
    Werner - Mitro

- Obviously unhappy with the defence, but I'll gravitate towards better, more assured options before GW1. But the structure of cheap rotating defenders to begin with is a hallmark of what I do.... and yet I'm compromising to include TAA, because I'm going to try and take things more seriously this year, and having ignored Liverpool fullbacks for 2 seasons in a row due to expense, it's no surprise that I've had crap seasons. So he's got to be a set an forget, even if I could really use that 3 million elsewhere!

- In terms of keepers, if it weren't for the blank in GW 1 I'd probably just plump for Pope and Peacock-Farrell but McCarthy at 4.5 represents value.

- Do we have any thoughts on West Brom assets in general? Could they be good for clean sheets? Matt Phillips in midfield at 5.5 could be value too, and who their main forward? At what point does Charlie Austin at 5.5 become an option, or is he too old now to start?

- Midfield pretty much speaks for itself. Although fitting KDB or Sterling into that squad is going to be difficult. Son is great value at 9, too hard to ignore despite Jose, also thought he could actually have been made a forward with all their reclassification, but hey! Soucek is obviously my pet project from the end of last season and at 5.0 it's not unreasonable to bench him at times either.

- Planning ahead slightly, it's why I've accommodated Greenwood at 7.5 on the bench. There's no standouts at around his price that warrant a 1 week punt and wasting a valuable transfer.... but it means getting more solid bench options than I currently have. Ferguson seems to be the vogue 4.0 option but I'm not going to profess that I know anything about him?

- Mitro is Mitro. It's a percentage call, and also I'm stumped as to who else would be a better option unless you move right up to the lower end of the premium options around 9. With that I went for Werner, again covering likely high ownership and Chelsea. If Pullisic wasn't injured, Chelsea would be much more straightforward for me but we are where we are. Don't like Ings and Jimi at 8.5 right off the bat, but maybe not owning Ings last year was a problem for me too? Obafemi - I'm super uncomfortable but at 5.0 he's at least likely to see minutes either from the bench or starting. Injuries could be an issue

It's far from perfect, but it's a 1st draft. Of course like always things will become both more clear and more confusing. Midfield and the pricing of my defenders is pretty much all I'm happy with right now, but that's a start.

On West Brom people are talking up Matheus Pereira at 6.0 as thier main man. But at that price would go for JWP from Southampton. Hegazi most owned West Brom defender. But I would prefer other options at that price like Manquillo from Newcastle. Think you answered the rest of your questions, plus at least have a rough plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

McCarthy
    Werner - Mitro

On 4 mil defenders. Palace have 2 that could be starters:
    Ferguson: A right back - up against ward at the beginning of the season so not 100% nailed yet.

Mitchell: A left back. Will probably start the season til PVA is fit again.

West ham have a guy called Johnson to watch out for. He was tipped by one of the guys on planet fpl podcast who’s a west ham fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Is that Burke lad at WBA the same lad that was in Germany a few years ago and is he any addition

• Advertisement

Ferguson seems to be the vogue 4.0 option but I'm not going to profess that I know anything about him?

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    On 4 mil defenders. Palace have 2 that could be starters:
    Ferguson: A right back - up against ward at the beginning of the season so not 100% nailed yet.

Mitchell: A left back. Will probably start the season til PVA is fit again.

West ham have a guy called Johnson to watch out for. He was tipped by one of the guys on planet fpl podcast who’s a west ham fan.

Apparently, Ferguson can play across the back line strong and mobile.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nathan-ferguson/profil/spieler/507254

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Is that Burke lad at WBA the same lad that was in Germany a few years ago and is he any addition

Jumped right out at me for 4.5 but a quick google suggests he's being sold, possibly heading to Trabzonspor in Turkey!

Was on loan in Spain last season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Jumped right out at me for 4.5 but a quick google suggests he's being sold, possibly heading to Trabzonspor in Turkey!

Was on loan in Spain last season!

shame he's not being given more game time in PL, he played blinders for forest when he was with them a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The GK Johnstone is a great shot stopper. Could be a save point magnet, and we know how well they do in the bps.

Added to that you have McCarthy in goals, Johnstone will allow you to get Walker-Pieters as one of cheap 4.5m defenders who is a v good attacking option for a 4.5m defender.

Johnstone opens a lot of options in terms of avoiding double ups on mid table teams

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Chesty08 wrote: »
    The GK Johnstone is a great shot stopper. Could be a save point magnet, and we know how well they do in the bps.

Added to that you have McCarthy in goals, Johnstone will allow you to get Walker-Pieters as one of cheap 4.5m defenders who is a v good attacking option for a 4.5m defender.

Johnstone opens a lot of options in terms of avoiding double ups on mid table teams

I really like this point

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It’s changing day-2-day but here’s a Current run

4-4-2

MacCarthy - but given what Chesty has said above I like the Johnstone shout. Given that their fixtures are fairly good up until GW12 it’s probably what I’ll go with

TAA - Robbo - Aurier - Vinagre - Braithwaite

I’ve had Aurier in every draft so far, really like the idea of him this season. Liverpool double up as it’ll allow me make moves when Liverpool do keep the CSs, I expect 16-18 this year. Hopefully Vinagre starts, great vale. Braithwaite started this weekend so hopefully he’s a starting 4.0 defender

Auba - Armstrong - Ziyech - Willian or Perez - 4.5m

Money left in the bank to make any of Willian, Perez or Ziyech into Mahrez after the first week. Auba is the pick of the premiums to start. Liked Armstrong after the break, good fixtures.
    Willian might be too punty. Perez more likely provided he starts
    Werner - Kane - 4.5

Kane - just cause. I want him and that’s it, think he had good form after the break and expect him to continue that. Jose should continue to play into him. Werner I expect to smash it this year. Either could become Jimi in a week or two

Team at the back is set up to make zero changes.
    Mid and up rotate the bigger guys. I did well after the lockdown cause I moved big hitters in and out of my team and didn’t consider team value too much. Same approach coming here

2m ITB to allow good movement

Chesty08 wrote: »

Green&Red wrote: »
    I really like this point

Never, considered that fella. Having McCarthy was putting me off getting KWP. I didnt really want Ryan. But if West Brom is a team that concede lots of shots Johnstone could be worth getting. Fixtures look okish as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Please rate my team, any input appreciated

cizolin wrote: »
    Please rate my team, any input appreciated

Man C, Man U and Burnley all have no game week 1. So that is KDB, De Gea, Shaw all out for you. Plus you have four doubtful starters on bench. Only one may get points is Obafembi who might come on as sub for Southampton.
    Plus Pulisic unlikely to be fit gw1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭cizolin

Man C, Man U and Burnley all have no game week 1. So that is KDB, De Gea, Shaw all out for you. Plus you have four doubtful starters on bench. Only one may get points is Obafembi who might come on as sub for Southampton.
    Plus Pulisic unlikely to be fit gw1.

Ya time for me to revisit things, thanks

Advertisement