Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The other game this weekend - Does anyone even care Ulster v Connacht Build Up thre

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

He does what he wants.

Now that he plays for us, I love it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

About time. Cheating buggers.

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Christ Jonny Murphy should be given every card that is available and a boot up the hole for that hairstyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Murphy unlucky that was Dillanes tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I only have 2 questions, who is Johnny Murphy's barber, and how can I get myself a haircut like that???

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Powerful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Akrasia wrote: »
    I only have 2 questions, who is Johnny Murphy's barber, and how can I get myself a haircut like that???

You mean Jacob Stockdale's barber? It's even better.

It's like a charlois bull's arse.

mfceiling wrote: »
    It's like a charlois bull's arse.

Brilliant! :D

I would imagine Jared Payne will have less hair than Stockdale after watching Ulster defend today.

• Advertisement

Really delighted about how our second choice front row is dealing with Connacht in the scrum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Lot of tired bodies out there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Marmion having a great game so far

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Great win for Connacht. Some fantastic rugby from them. Next week against Munster should be fun.

Work to be done, but well done Connacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Very pleased with that. Penalty count the biggest issue and that's fixable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Picked John Porch to stick a fiver on man of the match. Didn’t make bookies. He was 66-1. Sickener

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Excellent performance from Connacht, all the new lads went very well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

The back 3 were excellent.

Special shoutout to connachta's success with bulking up Murray in the downtime.

Bazzo wrote: »
    Very pleased with that. Penalty count the biggest issue and that's fixable.

Possession stats were awful for a good part of the game. A less wasteful team would have used that possession better and punished us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Zzippy wrote: »
    Possession stats were awful for a good part of the game. A less wasteful team would have used that possession better and punished us.
    You can't really criticise the team for leaving a few chances behind them given the circumstances

Ulster's handling and disfunctional lineout really cost them the game, but again, hopefully they will improve on this with match fitness

Shíte line-out.
    Shíte defending.
    Shíte handling.
    Shíte decision making.

Ulster are back alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

mfceiling wrote: »
    Shíte line-out.
    Shíte defending.
    Shíte decision making.

Ulster are back alright.

You have Alby though. Ulster are the real winners.

You can't really criticise the team for leaving a few chances behind them given the circumstances

Ulster's handling and disfunctional lineout really cost them the game, but again, hopefully they will improve on this with match fitness

No I'm not, Ulster will def improve. Point I was making was our possession was poor, and teams will punish us if that happens again. Got lucky Ulster were so rusty today. Today was a rarity, no matter how good rugby you play you will rarely win with so little possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Eir sport pundits all went for Ulster...

I knew then Connacht would win comfortably...

D'arcy is a dreadful pundit

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 16,709 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Ulster really missed Luke Marshall. Hume defended poorly and never got going in an attacking sense. Same with McCloskey. Throwing speculative offloads to nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

Back 3 were great today, lots of competition there and 1 more to arrive. Butler and Boyle were excellent and carried really well. I really thought Marmion was motm. His defence was unreal today. 2 new props did well but didn't get much time.
    Delighted rugby is back.

This is the reality of the game. Connacht really took their opportunities well but if Ulster hadn’t been so poor both in attack and defense, with a totally dysfunctional lineout. Then Connacht would have been chasing the scoreboard all day. A lot of positives for Connacht but the win was possibly more about Ulsters failings. You can’t expect every team to be that poor at turning possession and territory into points.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

True to a point, but fixing the dumb penalties swings the cheaply turned over possession and territory significantly. The defence were also dogged inside the 22 and winning the contact much more than we've seen previously which is encouraging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Advertisement