Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Have met him a few times. He’s a nice guy alright. Doesn’t drink but wouldn’t put him the “suspicious” category for it.

I met him in Whelan's many moons ago (shortly after the red jockstrap incident) and he was absolutely wasted. Could barely stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I met him in Whelan's many moons ago (shortly after the red jockstrap incident) and he was absolutely wasted. Could barely stand.

Are you sure that was Donncha O’Callaghan you met?

Maybe he was a “drinker” back then but he’s been a tee-totaller since, if that’s the case. But I was under the impression he’d been one for life.

Could be confusing that with “Strings” but thought there was a pair of them in it.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Are you sure that was Donncha O’Callaghan you met?

Lol he's fairly distinguishable! Again, it was a long time ago, maybe he was still deciding on whether a dry life was for him!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,179 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Lol he's fairly distinguishable! Again, it was a long time ago, maybe he was still deciding on whether a dry life was for him!

he claims to have never taken a drink at all so it is all very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,260 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I watch Fair City for my sins. However a lot of the actors on it are intolerable. They really believe they are great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Michael Healy Rae. Saw him acting the gimp in Killarney many years ago which just reinforced my long held belief that he's a twat of a highest order with an extremely punchable face.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

David Tennant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Simon Delaney.

He was good in Bachelor's Walk etc.

But the odd weekend when I see him slobbering on a couch on TVAm or whatever they call it....

Mind you, everyone on that weekend show would be a contender for the blandness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,281 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

Michael Healy Rae. Saw him acting the gimp in Killarney many years ago which just reinforced my long held belief that he's a twat of a highest order with an extremely punchable face.

Can't get anyone to work for him, allegedly, because has a habit of 'forgetting' to pay.
    Seems to run in the family-they 'forget' to pay people quite often.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hating him or his brother is hardly inexplicable, the two of them give gombeens a bad name. The sooner the people of Kerry stop electing them the better it will be for all of us.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Hating him or his brother is hardly inexplicable, the two of them give gombeens a bad name. The sooner the people of Kerry stop electing them the better it will be for all of us.

That's like asking people to not vote for Fianna Fail. Folks know they're corrupt, but they still get people to vote em in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Ronan Mullen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Paul Mescal
    If I have to see one more PR article on him, I’ll scream

screamer wrote: »
    Paul Mescal
    If I have to see one more PR article on him, I’ll scream

Jesus yeah. And I didn't watch a single episode of Normal People.

But can't look at anything without seeing his name.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Jesus yeah. And I didn't watch a single episode of Normal People.

But can't look at anything without seeing his name.

Me neither, I saw it for 15 minutes one night and it was just drivel, but everywhere, everywhere you turn there’s some fecking article on him..... ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 19,095 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That Boyd-Barrett dude...........smug tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Sean O'Rourke and the 80 others at the Golf Dinner last Wednesday

skimpydoo wrote: »

HArdly inexplicable... but then extending lockdown for some areas...

Remember how they were blaming 'the yoof' for spreading the virus? Yeah... this ain't a good look.

Nope, this government is a trashfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Was thinking about this, and it has to be ozzy Osborne, he is held up as a hero, but is an incoherent idiot who is barely alive.

Was thinking about this, and it has to be ozzy Osborne, he is held up as a hero, but is an incoherent idiot who is barely alive.

I can tolerate Ozzy, the rest of his family I despise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Carl Mullan.

Know nothing about the lad but the in the ad for his show on the RTÉ Player he really “bugs” me.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Happy4all wrote: »
    Simon Delaney.

He was good in Bachelor's Walk etc.

But the odd weekend when I see him slobbering on a couch on TVAm or whatever they call it....

Mind you, everyone on that weekend show would be a contender for the blandness.

Anna Daly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

I never liked him anyway. Like a lot of his generation of RTE broadcasters, he always seemed a bit to pally with establishment politicians. His final show was a cringeworthy example of just how close to them he was. All the backslapping and the funny little anecdotes about 'Charlie' (Haughey). Sarah McInerney struck more fear into the unctuous little bollixes in FF/FG in three months than he did in the last thirty years.

.anon. wrote: »
    I never liked him anyway. Like a lot of his generation of RTE broadcasters, he always seemed a bit to pally with establishment politicians. His final show was a cringeworthy example of just how close to them he was. All the backslapping and the funny little anecdotes about 'Charlie' (Haughey). Sarah McInerney struck more fear into the unctuous little bollixes in FF/FG in three months than he did in the last thirty years.

Sarah rocked the boat... so of course RTE got scared.

Anton Savage, not inexplicable but absolute putrid individual

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

We could also include the hotel management who took the booking for 80 people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Huge photo of Caitlin Moran gurning on the cover of today's Sunday Times reminds me that I really don't like her face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Huge photo of Caitlin Moran gurning on the cover of today's Sunday Times reminds me that I really don't like her face.

She gets on my man knockers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

The house programme on Sunday night
    The big bald lad
    I hate the sight of him and I don't know why

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    The house programme on Sunday night
    The big bald lad
    I hate the sight of him and I don't know why

Think it's the pompous demeanor