Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Any truth in American hospitals getting a lot more money if they list a death as covid of if they put a patient on a ventilator.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,899 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

niallo27 wrote: »
    Weren't the number of deaths already proved to be hugely exaggerated in this country.

We’re they ?

The updated and accurate stats...

26768 - confirmed

24000 - recovered

1772. - DEAD

Those are the stats as of now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

Any truth in American hospitals getting a lot more money if they list a death as covid of if they put a patient on a ventilator.

Hold on until I ring one and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

you think they have ventilators to spare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭The Unbearables

57 new cases no new deaths, absolute disgraceful the overkill reaction to this is .... imagine how history will look back on all this, the thousands of suicdes, the tens of thousands that will be homeless, the 100,000+ deaths caused by mental health , cancer, anything else that couldn't be treated due to lockups....

Shame
    Some of you lads/lassies are completely bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Strumms wrote: »
    We’re they ?

The updated and accurate stats...

26768 - confirmed

24000 - recovered

1772. - DEAD

Those are the stats as of now.
    Deaths are believed to be overestimated by circa 500 in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

youandme13 wrote: »
    My partner was a healthy 30yo Male prior to April was very sick for a few weeks which we now believe was covid. He is still suffering badly and has problems with both his lungs and heart, he is having to see private consultants in both these fields to try find out what long term damage there may be. He still cant go back to full fitness and has breathing problems and heart palpitations, none of which he suffered with before.
    He spent the first few weeks being fobbed off by the GP given inhalers and steroids etc been told it was asthma, when the inhalers made him ten times worse.

So you believe it was COVID but he never tested positive for COVID ?

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭seanb85

That was based on excess deaths. Not covid deaths. Doesn't mean the current figure for covid deaths is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Patd6

The whole coronavirus thing in Ireland is a farce. They (nphet) are simply adding numbers onto the death total and the cases totals as a matter of fiction. We have done great to control the virus in recent months and now just need to get on with life again. I for one will be opening my pub next week and no one will stop me

By who ? Individuals with qualifications to question those deaths or by those in the business sectors, who appetite for money outweighs the appetite for people to be well and living.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

is this satire?

I think that the days of people pretending to be stupid for reactions on the internet might be gone. It's not like the olden days when it was mostly people with a third level education using it. That thick cousin in your family who used to smell of sh!t? He's on the internet now. That clueless aunt who watches Coronation St religiously? Yep, on the internet too.That loud c*nt of an uncle who gives out about the foreigners during every gathering? You can be damned sure that he's here.

This is why I tend to take people's stupidity on the internet at face value. For every troll pretending to be stupid, there's another 10 out there who are genuinely dim and they're just as fond of the internet as anyone else.

Of 1772, Almost 50% of them had chronic hear disease! Guess how many die in Ireland of chronic heart disease 5000. there's tons of stats one can play with.
    Bottom line How many are now in hospital and how many are in ICU today? that's what needs to be shown. showing median and mean ages for young offenders is just finger pointing. we we always told to flatten the curve and it's flat according to martin himself in his speech. So now we;re closing counties for single figure digits n hospitals? last I looked it went from 6 up to 14 and then back to 9.

What's it at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

You have to remember in life there is usually a happy middle ground between the people calling the reaction OTT and the people supporting it.

Give it a few weeks, if there is no bump in Hospitalisations as result of these numbers then yes there will be more confidence in continuing opening up.

The case numbers we recorded earlier in this epidemic were the tip of the iceberg.

The biggest takeaway I will have from this epidemic is how quickly people turn on minorities in order to pass the blame..

The shame and ridicule placed on people who dared visit family in the EU.....The 'Staycation' nonsense.

That hurt a lot of people.

seanb85 wrote: »
    That was based on excess deaths. Not covid deaths. Doesn't mean the current figure for covid deaths is wrong.
    COVID deaths in Ireland = people who died with covid, not necessarily just of COVID.

Excess deaths in Ireland from March to June were "substantially" less than the officially reported Covid-19 figures, analysis from the Health Information and Quality Authority has found.
    HIQA says this could be due to the inclusion within official figures of people who were infected with coronavirus but whose cause of death may have been predominantly due to other factors.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2020/0703/1151127-virus-report/

Hold on until I ring one and see.

Any answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Strumms wrote: »
    By who ? Individuals with qualifications to question those deaths or by those in the business sectors, who appetite for money outweighs the appetite for people to be well and living.

Varadkar himself said it

https://twitter.com/LeoVaradkar/status/1278995351169613824

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Patd6 wrote: »
    The whole coronavirus thing in Ireland is a farce. They (nphet) are simply adding numbers onto the death total and the cases totals as a matter of fiction. We have done great to control the virus in recent months and now just need to get on with life again. I for one will be opening my pub next week and no one will stop me
    Suddenly.yiu have a pub? What happened the job and the interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Why wait till next week? What's different next week compared to this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,626 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

22-05-2020, 21:35
    So I am getting the 350 emergency social welfare as work have temporarily laid me off due to covid having impact on business. The reality is there is no guarantee I will get role back with them as their business has been hit hard. Hence I have interviewed elsewhere. And thankfully I got an offer from elsewhere. However per my contract I will not be able to start in other place until late July due to covid. If I hand in my notice in current role now and sign contract for new role will I be given zero monies by social welfare over coming 2 months?

Congrats on going from being an employee to pub owner in the just over two months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

youandme13 wrote: »
    My partner was a healthy 30yo Male prior to April was very sick for a few weeks which we now believe was covid. He is still suffering badly and has problems with both his lungs and heart, he is having to see private consultants in both these fields to try find out what long term damage there may be. He still cant go back to full fitness and has breathing problems and heart palpitations, none of which he suffered with before.
    He spent the first few weeks being fobbed off by the GP given inhalers and steroids etc been told it was asthma, when the inhalers made him ten times worse.

I hope he gets a diagnosis soon and gets better.

Leicester, had a massive outbreak followed by a lockdown. Then no extra deaths.
    Testing increased 8fold followed by the detected cases.

Where will be next..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ImAHappyCamper

Why would Limerick start showing a fairly steady rise in cases folks?

Traveller funeral apparently

They all headed back to Kilkee for the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Ineedaname

When I read your post I thought it sounded crazy after looking into it turns out it's partly true. Doctors can claim reimbursement for treating Medicare patients and get considerably more if a patient ends up on a ventilator and dies.

That said though it's important to point out that there is no evidence of deliberate misreporting for financial gain. In fact many hospitals are losing money hand over fist.

you think they have ventilators to spare?

Thats not what I asked and yes I think you will find many states have plenty of spare ventilators.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,716 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Any news about n the primary and secondary schools? Are they still be going ahead with this stupid plan?

Exactly, a corporate massage monkey.. a money boy... precisely the fûcking absolute wankbag clown whose slow out of the blocks fearful inaction meant that from word go we were fighting this from a back foot stance... fearful of stepping on the toes of the corporates, exactly a FG moneyboy type reaction.... you didn’t need to script it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Now why would a politician potentially point to something that may absolve him of consequences of his decisions. In particular nursing homes?
    I wonder why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

So Finland are doing testing at airports for people arriving from countries with greater than 10 per 100K infection rates.
    Germany is doing similar?

Quiz question. When will paddy do it?
    Oh yeah last.

• Advertisement

eagle eye wrote: »
    Any news about n the primary and secondary schools? Are they still be going ahead with this stupid plan?
    Full steam ahead.
    I was talking to a secondary vice-principal yesterday and the word he used to describe the schools starting is '****show'.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement