Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XX-26,644 in ROI (1,772 deaths) 6,064 in NI (556 deaths) (08/08)Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

ShooterSF wrote: »
    That's hardly a homophobic comment. I'm just reading it wrong and not getting the reference right?

https://twitter.com/JackHoJo/status/1292767194976333824

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ShooterSF wrote: »
    That's hardly a homophobic comment. I'm just reading it wrong and not getting the reference right?

No see above tweet from Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Nearly 100k children under the age of 14 have tested positive for coronavirus in the last two weeks in the United states

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭Onesea

Where can I find the daily stats for Ireland for the dates 28july to 3rd Aug?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Onesea wrote: »
    Where can I find the daily stats for Ireland for the dates 28july to 3rd Aug?

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1107064/coronavirus-cases-development-ireland/

• Advertisement

So of the 321 cases for week 28july to 3rd Aug.. How many of them statistically will pass away from c19 specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Polar101

Stheno wrote: »
    My GP charges 50 euro up front for an over the phone consultation - don't know if they waive it if it's Covid related tbh

Yeah same, when I ring them they'll first ask "is this Covid-related?". Fortunately I haven't had to say yes yet, so I don't know what happens with the fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,578 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

So of the 321 cases for week 28july to 3rd Aug.. How many of them statistically will pass away from c19 specifically?

No one knows.

But death isn't the only negative outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

spookwoman wrote: »
    And what if those questions have already been asked? Unfortunately what some people think as frivolous others think important.
    Saw one chap go on a rant because he wanted to go to Greece on his holidays because he says the lockdown has been hard on his mental health and only Greece :rolleyes: can fix it.
    I presume that guy isn't a journalist.

No one knows.

But death isn't the only negative outcome.

Not only deaths from that selected week, but all other ailments would be interesting to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭maebee

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

kevin12345 wrote: »

Again, that's not homophobic, more gentle ribbing referencing the Trudeau visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,764 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Not only deaths from that selected week, but all other ailments would be interesting to see.

https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/casesinireland/epidemiologyofcovid-19inireland/COVID-19_Daily_epidemiology_report_(NPHET)%20_website.pdf
    That's a full breakdown of what % of each age range required hospitalisation/ICU and who sadly passed away. You can use that along with the daily running total of how many new cases in each age range here to work it out:
    https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/20f2e0-updates-on-covid-19-coronavirus-since-january-2020/
    When you run the numbers, it should realistically be lower as there are possibly more asymptomatic people in the new cases and also treatments have been getting better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I presume that guy isn't a journalist.

I don't know but does it matter, you and i don't dictate what is news and what is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,794 ✭✭✭Polar101

Finland did a second full Covid-19 testing of incoming plane passengers. This time they targeted a flight that arrived in Turku from Skopje, North Macedonia. Unlike the previous test, this time all 157 passengers accepted to take the free test at the airport.

24 out of the 157 passengers tested positive
    https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/paper_covid-19_cases_confirmed_among_passengers_from_skopje/11487038

So far Finland have been doing the Irish style "please, could you self isolate for 14 days?" pseudo-quarantine, but they are now considering changing that to "self isolate for 14 days, or else".

spookwoman wrote: »
    I don't know but does it matter, you and i don't dictate what is news and what is not.
    in this post you suggested the public should dictate what is news and what is not https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114269763&postcount=9897

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

in this post you suggested the public should dictate what is news and what is not https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114269763&postcount=9897

Stop being so pedantic. I said "I don't know but does it matter, you and i don't dictate what is news and what is not."
    Are they going to listen to 2 people or 1000 people. I think strictly is a load of sh*te are they going to listen to me or to the 12.5 million viewers who watched it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Nobody is really dying or going to ICU anymore . Covid was so spring time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Polar101 wrote: »
    Finland did a second full Covid-19 testing of incoming plane passengers. This time they targeted a flight that arrived in Turku from Skopje, North Macedonia. Unlike the previous test, this time all 157 passengers accepted to take the free test at the airport.

24 out of the 157 passengers tested positive
    https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/paper_covid-19_cases_confirmed_among_passengers_from_skopje/11487038

So far Finland have been doing the Irish style "please, could you self isolate for 14 days?" pseudo-quarantine, but they are now considering changing that to "self isolate for 14 days, or else".

Fair play to the Finns. Why did we never do that?
    Maybe because we wouldn't have liked the answer I guess.
    We are pro's at extend and pretend.
    That strategy is reaching the limit coming into autumn and schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

My partner was a healthy 30yo Male prior to April was very sick for a few weeks which we now believe was covid. He is still suffering badly and has problems with both his lungs and heart, he is having to see private consultants in both these fields to try find out what long term damage there may be. He still cant go back to full fitness and has breathing problems and heart palpitations, none of which he suffered with before.
    He spent the first few weeks being fobbed off by the GP given inhalers and steroids etc been told it was asthma, when the inhalers made him ten times worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Tell that to the families of the six people currently in ICU.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,437 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Oranage2 wrote: »
    What's the estimates for today, my formula with the added results from yesterday the number could be between 250-350 today,with about 35 cases in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭hurikane

Oranage2 wrote: »
    What's the estimates for today, my formula with the added results from yesterday the number could be between 250-350 today,with about 35 cases in Dublin

So what’s the formula?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Mandatory testing for people from countries with more than 8-10 cases per 100,000 inhabitants over the latest 14-day period.
    The mandatory two-week quarantine and a possible random coronavirus test upon arrival to Finland will be applicable to anyone arriving from a country with more than 8 to 10 new COVID-19 cases per 100,000 inhabitants over the latest 14-day period, authorities said.
    Failure to respect the two-week quarantine would be sanctioned with up to three months in prison or a fine, she added.

Kiuru said the new rules would be applied as soon as possible but required some official approvals.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-finland-travel/scared-by-skopje-flight-finland-to-mandate-covid-19-tests-for-travellers-idUSKCN256296

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Hego Damask

57 new cases no new deaths, absolute disgraceful the overkill reaction to this is .... imagine how history will look back on all this, the thousands of suicdes, the tens of thousands that will be homeless, the 100,000+ deaths caused by mental health , cancer, anything else that couldn't be treated due to lockups....

Shame

• Registered Users Posts: 10,538 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

hurikane wrote: »
    So what’s the formula?

Based on it's accuracy

ᾆ8*⅖+⨊₄⅑÷∑∛∝⩳R

• Registered Users Posts: 24,980 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Covid statistics don’t corroborate this.

If that was true however, covid can still kill, can still make you extremely ill, can still be passed on from you to others who are more susceptible to having a more difficult and serious reaction / prognosis.

57 new cases no new deaths, absolute disgraceful the overkill reaction to this is .... imagine how history will look back on all this, the thousands of suicdes, the tens of thousands that will be homeless, the 100,000+ deaths caused by mental health , cancer, anything else that couldn't be treated due to lockups....

Shame
    is this satire?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Shame

Back sometime before March, there would have been a day where there were only around 57 cases in the country. You'll never guess what happened to that number before intervention.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,011 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Strumms wrote: »
    Covid statistics don’t corroborate this.

If that was true however, covid can still kill, can still make you extremely ill, can still be passed on from you to others who are more susceptible to having a more difficult and serious reaction / prognosis.

Weren't the number of deaths already proved to be hugely exaggerated in this country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement