Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The Mega MK7 & MK8 Golf GTI/GTD/R thread - Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Nice ST... I'd be very slow to swap that for a GTD. I think they look best in those loud colours too!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

Anyone with a MK7.5.

In the top right hand corner of the screen it usually says where you are, ie the name of the street/towns land.

My misses had a MK7 and it showed it, and now the MK7.5 and it doesn’t. I’ve tried every configuration and can’t get it working.

The passat I have does it, which is more annoying.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Max Q

L-M wrote: »
    Anyone with a MK7.5.

In the top right hand corner of the screen it usually says where you are, ie the name of the street/towns land.

My misses had a MK7 and it showed it, and now the MK7.5 and it doesn’t. I’ve tried every configuration and can’t get it working.

The passat I have does it, which is more annoying.

Anyone any ideas?

The MK7.5 doesn't do it afaik. It's one of the things I miss from the MK7. It seems they dropped it with the updated media units in the 7.5's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭MarkN

Love that ST. How they signed off on the bonnet gap though jaysus ! :)

Max Q wrote: »
    The MK7.5 doesn't do it afaik. It's one of the things I miss from the MK7. It seems they dropped it with the updated media units in the 7.5's.

Ah. It’s on the Discover Pro in the Passat. Annoying. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

Ah. It’s on the Discover Pro in the Passat. Annoying. Thanks

I just checked and discover media in my golf 7.5 does show the current location.

I just checked and discover media in my golf 7.5 does show the current location.

In the top left of the Radio screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Rusky rusky

In the top left of the Radio screen?

Yes, on every screen apart from menu

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

Quick question everyone.

Pilot Sport 4 or Pilot Sport 4S? They seem almost identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

theintern wrote: »
    Quick question everyone.

Which ever is cheaper, there both excellent. I've rotated my last set the front seem to burn off quicker for some reason, can't seem to put my finger on it :D
    There both super sticky in the wet and dry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SaintsYB

theintern wrote: »
    Quick question everyone.

The 4S is akin to a slight step up in performance I believe. Until very recently the 4S was only available in 19" and even now, they're hard to get hold of in 18".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭maddness

The PS4S are a great tyre particularly in the dry but I’m not sure they are worth the extra over the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭theintern

maddness wrote: »
    The PS4S are a great tyre particularly in the dry but I’m not sure they are worth the extra over the PS4.

Just ended up going for 2x 4S, he didn't send a quote over for the Pilot Sport 4, but I'm happy enough, so going ahead with the 4S.

The Santiago size seems kind of odd, 225/35/19. When I was looking around online, some online places only had the 4S in that size and not the 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Abugarcia

Hi Guys,

Are there many golf R owners on this thread? I recently purchased one a month back and I was just seeing how others are getting on with there’s.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Loads of us.

tossy wrote: »
    Loads of us.

Cool,
    Any group on Facebook etc. I’ve always found it handy having a community group when owning certain cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Abugarcia wrote: »
    Cool,
    Any group on Facebook etc. I’ve always found it handy having a community group when owning certain cars.

Yes, try Autostadt.ie. Very active Irish FB group and there’s a few R owners on it.

There’s a decent UK based one too, UK Golf R owners club.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

CIP4 wrote: »
    I will be putting my VW Golf GTI up for sale in the coming weeks Incase there is anyone interested on here drop me a PM. It’s a 181 GTI PP 245DSG 5dr in white. Has the Tech pack, Pan roof, 19 inch Brescia alloys original Irish car full VW service history 48k km.

Hi would this be your car if it is I'd be interested?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-gti-2-0tsi-d7f-245bhp-2018/25522326

• Registered Users Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭CIP4

It is my car alright. PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

carsfan2 wrote: »

I don’t know why anyone bothers with autocar. Their reviews are ridiculous and they won’t mark down anything from VAG. Are they still doing their extensive face-offs? Where they’ll write maybe two sentences on each and declare the VAG the winner. I also love how the comments may predate an article by a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Abugarcia wrote: »
    Cool,

There are the two mentioned which are supposed to be good. Although I’m not on Facetube myself. The VWROC forum in the uk is also a very good knowledge base.

What’s the spec on your R any mods ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

I don’t know why anyone bothers with autocar. Their reviews are ridiculous and they won’t mark down anything from VAG. Are they still doing their extensive face-offs? Where they’ll write maybe two sentences on each and declare the VAG the winner. I also love how the comments may predate an article by a few years.

Yeah I largely agree. They are worse with jaguar/ Land Rover products though which can do no wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Any thoughts or advice on this please.... in the market sold my MK5

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-gti-tsi-230-dsg-mk-7-5-virtual/25434968

tossy wrote: »
    There are the two mentioned which are supposed to be good. Although I’m not on Facetube myself. The VWROC forum in the uk is also a very good knowledge base.

What’s the spec on your R any mods ?

Nothing done as of yet I’ve a few things planned 👌ðŸ»
    Have you got one yourself with any mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Drove alongside a Mk8 on the N7 the other day, they're not bad looking in the flesh. This wasn't a Style, and I'd say the 'fake exhaust' styling definitely lifts the back end, of course the dual exhausts of the GTI are much nicer.

A decent set of wheels (the Style wheels look too chunky and look a bit cheap, like Octavia wheels) go a long way for all models.

Only thing I didn't like was the DRLs are just a solid straight line, obviously leading onto that grille LED that future builds will have later in the year. The L shaped ones on the Mk7.5 are much cooler. Although there's different LED options I wonder are those matrix IQ ones or whatever nicer.

The lower portion of the FR/Cupra is a bit too pointy, but like a 1 series or something. Preferred the somewhat flatter front end of the previous Leon.

Both decent looking cars but a few things to be nitpicky with both on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Any thoughts or advice on this please.... in the market sold my MK5

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/volkswagen-golf-gti-tsi-230-dsg-mk-7-5-virtual/25434968

How about something even nicer... an ex demo 192 Leon Cupra? Has all the extras.

I’m afraid I’ll lose my license if I keep it anymore! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

How about something even nicer... an ex demo 192 Leon Cupra? Has all the extras.

I’m afraid I’ll lose my license if I keep it anymore! :-)

I only have the Cupra a month now and already have my first ever 3 points. It won’t slow down!! Were you the Cupra on the Garda Twitter by any chance??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

I can neither confirm nor deny. :pac:

Advertisement