Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Ricey3509 wrote: »
    Just a quick followup, eventually got a response from the connected drive people and have been told I need a software upgrade and to contact a dealer to get it done. Service pack does travel which is a nice bonus.

BTW checked the VRT that was paid and it was 2400 on mine.

Getting around 30ish Km in max e drive off a full charge but haven't done any long spins yet.
    Hi, Mine is a 12kwh version and I remember getting 38-39 km on Max edrive. Upon charging car says it has 45-47 km range but I guess 40km is doable with AC on.

I drove for about 50km when battery was fully empty and remember seeing 13kmpl in journey data. I am not sure if this include regen due to braking/coasting.
    Good to know you got service pack on your car.

Spotify was removed upon adding car on Irish connected drive site and remote software upgrade is disabled. I can't see road speed sign either so getting in touch with connect drive team.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

SummerK wrote: »
    Hi, Mine is a 12kwh version and I remember getting 38-39 km on Max edrive. Upon charging car says it has 45-47 km range but I guess 40km is doable with AC on.

I drove for about 50km when battery was fully empty and remember seeing 13kmpl in journey data. I am not sure if this include regen due to braking/coasting.
    Good to know you got service pack on your car.

Spotify was removed upon adding car on Irish connected drive site and remote software upgrade is disabled. I can't see road speed sign either so getting in touch with connect drive team.

38-39 is really good, you must have a lighter foot than me! l haven’t had it out beyond my local area yet (so a lot of stop/start driving). I’m planning a longer drive this weekend so we’ll see how it does on that

I hadn’t even noticed Spotify was gone as I’d been using it via CarPlay but now you mention it l must take a look...

38-39 is really good, you must have a lighter foot than me! l haven’t had it out beyond my local area yet (so a lot of stop/start driving). I’m planning a longer drive this weekend so we’ll see how it does on that

I hadn’t even noticed Spotify was gone as I’d been using it via CarPlay but now you mention it l must take a look...

I was driving from Cork to Kinsale and was mostly following traffic at around 80kph speeds. This could be reason for good range.
    On return journey, battery was mostly empty and i remember 7L/100KM which is decent.
    I am going on a longish trip tomorrow and hopefully get to know more about performance and efficiency.

Car is booked in for Friday week to get the software update, I'll report back on the results, dealer did say its not unusual for features to disappear when the car is switched from uk to here.

Quick pic from its first long spin , I made my first and probably only mod of switching to the black grill

IMG-1879-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭crank_1975

Kramer wrote: »
    Is yours the 9.2kWh model or newer, 12kWh?
    I've hypermiled my 9.2kWh to just over 50km but I'd be expecting upwards of 40km most days at this time of year.
    Depends, of course, how you drive it.

Well wear :).

I would love to hear how you did this, mine is hovering around 20KM max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Car is booked in for Friday week to get the software update, I'll report back on the results, dealer did say its not unusual for features to disappear when the car is switched from uk to here.

Quick pic from its first long spin , I made my first and probably only mod of switching to the black grill

IMG-1879-2.jpg

What features should it have? No idea what packs you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

I've hypermiled my 9.2kWh to just over 50km but I'd be expecting upwards of 40km most days at this time of year.
    Depends, of course, how you drive it.

crank_1975 wrote: »
    I would love to hear how you did this, mine is hovering around 20KM max.

There's no secret - it's how you drive it. The nature of the roads, urban/rural with low(ish) average speeds, eco mode, a light right foot, coasting etc. You won't see 40km on a motorway etc. but you're using 40kWh/100km+ if getting just 20kms. That's crazy high consumption.

Mine averages 20kWh/100km - it's displayed on your dash as you drive along - the instant use & average, in blue. 20kWh/100km with an 8kWh battery = 40km, average.

From last month - I averaged just 14.2kWh/100km at an average speed of 60km/h for a 19km trip, before I recharged to 100%. That consumption would yield 56km range on an 8kWh usable battery.
    For comparison, an efficient BEV (Ioniq) could do that with half that consumption again, 7 or 8kWh/100km.

At 20km, you're up at 40+ :eek:.

ORRX7Cy.jpg

I'll get less in winter with wet roads, more heating etc., probably in the 30/35km range.

If you're trying to remove rubber from your rear tyres, fair enough - but that will seriously reduce your electric only range :).

What features should it have? No idea what packs you have.

See screenshot from Kramer , I’m not seeing that info in app , also should have 3D remote view and Spotify app (maybe others as well?). Btw on a long journey yesterday I got 64km from a full charge

Kramer wrote: »
    There's no secret - it's how you drive it.

Just to finalise this for crank...............back from an approx. 50km journey. Warm temps, quiet roads, low average speed (50:50 urban/rural drive).

5eiXeg1.jpg

Engine ran for just a few minutes.

Went on a 100km trip yesterday. Engine kicked in after 41KM (hypermiled to 55+km) and journey data says fuel efficiency is 50mpg or 18km/l. Drive was on N/R roads and I was pushing hard at some corners and car handled really well. Kids in the rear were comfortable through out journey and I never really felt extra rear weight due to battery.
    Going on a 800km trip next month and I guess will not be able to charge battery until I return. It will be interesting to see performance and fuel economy.

Here's pic of my car- Alpine white in shadow line trim.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi folks, I'm potentially going to get a 330e in the next week or so.
    In terms of charging, I have an external socket on the house. Is this enough?
    the charging unit from BMQ just has the 3 pin plug on it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,108 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Hi folks, I'm potentially going to get a 330e in the next week or so.
    In terms of charging, I have an external socket on the house. Is this enough?
    the charging unit from BMQ just has the 3 pin plug on it.

Thanks

It will work but not recommended for long term use.

A proper EV charge point is what you should install. There is a €600 grant for it. Another few hundred on top of that and you should have it done and since you are already in the EV mindset its likely you will own a pure EV in time and you will definitly need it then so the investment will be worth it (and the grant wont last forever)... assuming the house is yours and you plan to stay there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Are there any E350e owners here? I drove a 2017 one today & loved it. Strongly considering buying it tomo. Would be interested to hear any feedback from owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Are there any E350e owners here? I drove a 2017 one today & loved it. Strongly considering buying it tomo. Would be interested to hear any feedback from owners.

Should be serious car and returning e class to some kind of luxurious feel compared to the 4 cylinder diesels we have now.
    I ruled them out though as no extended warranty available from Mercedes and they can go expensively wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

Great car i have an m sport and have had severals 520d models and this is by far the best

Are there any E350e owners here? I drove a 2017 one today & loved it.
    bmwfan wrote: »
    Great car i have an m sport........this is by far the best

Do Mercedes do an M-Sport version?

:P.

See screenshot from Kramer , I’m not seeing that info in app , also should have 3D remote view and Spotify app (maybe others as well?). Btw on a long journey yesterday I got 64km from a full charge

So I had the latest sw update applied in Joe Duffy's and the remote 3d view is now working. Interestingly, android auto is now available and also apple maps directions are now displayed in the HUD.

I still don't have the eDrive info displayed in the app so I'm still in discussion's with Bmw support on how to resolve that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mickcork2020

Has anyone purchased a bmw from gt motors in Ballyboughal? Can’t find much on them but seem to have good stock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

I'm seriously considering buying a 530e in the next couple of months. I'm a rural dweller, so putting in a charging point isn't a major worry for me.

Some questions for current owners:

Are there any common or known faults with these cars? I ask because in every vehicle I've owned, I've always experienced every single known fault in them!
    Is the ride in an M-Sport on 20" wheels very rough? For context, I was in a brand new S-Line A4 recently running on the standard 19" wheels and I felt it was unacceptably rough on the roads I usually drive on.
    Do they come with adaptive cruise control?
    Any regrets from those who have taken the plunge, either in the car itself or specification level?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭wcooba

Some questions for current owners:

Are there any common or known faults with these cars? I ask because in every vehicle I've owned, I've always experienced every single known fault in them!
    Is the ride in an M-Sport on 20" wheels very rough? For context, I was in a brand new S-Line A4 recently running on the standard 19" wheels and I felt it was unacceptably rough on the roads I usually drive on.
    Do they come with adaptive cruise control?
    Any regrets from those who have taken the plunge, either in the car itself or specification level?

I don’t think there are any known catastrophic issues. Saying so it’s still a complex car & I’ve just extended warranty on mine.

I have 20” wheels & adaptive suspension on mine and ride is pretty good. Mind though, recently had to buy new front tyres after my wife’s incident with a pothole.

Active cruise control is pretty rare on them but well worth getting. It works very well.

I only regret it’s not touring (estate) - otherwise brilliant car!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Any word on the new 545e coming here? Much better than the current 530e.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Any word on the new 545e coming here? Much better than the current 530e.

Frankly 530e is a very good car - best executed hybrid I’ve ever driven. Relatively light and reliable 4-pot engine suits it well. Also it’s relaxed car to drive but quick enough when needed. I’ve done good few thousand km on German autobahn in it and I don’t see any reason for a bigger engine. If anything, battery and range could be higher (60km usable would be perfect).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The 545e has a 6 cyl engine with better fuel economy in ICE mode and ~60km EV range.

ELM327 wrote: »
    The 545e has a 6 cyl engine with better fuel economy in ICE mode and ~60km EV range.

Paper figures. It’s the same 12kWh battery as on the current 530e. As for fuel consumption I’ve observed 7.5l/100km on long motorway runs with cruising speed between 150-170km/h. I don’t see how 6-pot petrol can beat that.
    Don’t get me wrong - B58 is a masterpiece of an engine. I just don’t see much point of it in this car - it’s a relaxed, good to drive cruiser with some eco credentials. Nothing more...

@wcooba, thanks for the insight, really appreciate it. My plan is to find a car with some manufacturers warranty remaining and to then buy an extended warranty for as long as possible. 7.5L/100km for that kind of driving is very impressive. I’d be hoping to get 5 reasonably hassle-free years out of it, so adding about 140k kilometres in that time. I’d be happy if I achieved that without major reliability issues

Am I right in saying that the 530e is a better prospect than an E350e? A few people have mentioned stories about niggly faults in the Mercedes

My thinking is that there is no extended warranty available on the mercedes so its a riskier buy looking at it from that angle.
    Beautiful car with the right spec and the full glass cockpit.

@wcooba, thanks for the insight, really appreciate it. My plan is to find a car with some manufacturers warranty remaining and to then buy an extended warranty for as long as possible. 7.5L/100km for that kind of driving is very impressive. I’d be hoping to get 5 reasonably hassle-free years out of it, so adding about 140k kilometres in that time. I’d be happy if I achieved that without major reliability issues

You are welcome. I think you can keep extending warranty until 160kkm. The cost is around 600 per year & imo well worth the peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Am I right in saying that the 530e is a better prospect than an E350e? A few people have mentioned stories about niggly faults in the Mercedes

I’ve recently been testing both 530e and E350e. If you had asked me before I tried both, I’d have assumed the 530e was the one for me. Having test-driven quite a few of each now, I have to say that for me, the Merc completely outclasses the Beemer.

I think it’s a better looking car, with more road presence. The interior is in a different league to the 530e. In terms of drive-ability, there’s very little in it. The Merc was more relaxed, but it’s such a relaxing place to sit that you don’t really feel the urge to chuck it about. The 530e in SE trim was quite similar. The M Sport was a lot more lively to drive. Also, the BMW infotainment system was a lot better than the Merc (which isn't touch screen).

For me, I’d have the E350e all day long.

I’ve recently been testing both 530e and E350e. If you had asked me before I tried both, I’d have assumed the 530e was the one for me. Having test-driven quite a few of each now, I have to say that for me, the Merc completely outclasses the Beemer.

I think it’s a better looking car, with more road presence. The interior is in a different league to the 530e. In terms of drive-ability, there’s very little in it. The Merc was more relaxed, but it’s such a relaxing place to sit that you don’t really feel the urge to chuck it about. The 530e in SE trim was quite similar. The M Sport was a lot more lively to drive. Also, the BMW infotainment system was a lot better than the Merc (which isn't touch screen).

For me, I’d have the E350e all day long.

I believe they are 280 bhp too.

• Advertisement

Question for 530e owners - how many KWh does it take to charge the battery? (assuming that you start from empty)

Advertisement