Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

Congrats,

Tethered is a lot easier, but as you mentioned an eyesore, look at this https://www.biname.be/en/reel-for-ev/748-extension-reels-for-electric-vehicles-charging.html , still an eyesore, it would need a cabinet or similar around it, then that becomes the eyesore, cheaper option is place your tethered unit in a cabinet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

lobbylad wrote: »
    I took the plunge, 2019 530e MSport iPerformance, UK, but through a main dealer here. Should have it late next week once the vrt/reg is completed.

Coming from a 10 reg 520d, that has served me well.

Looking at the EO mini, not sure on the tethered vs non, not keen on the cable with tethered, a bit of an eyesore. Applied for the grant last night, so hopefully get the letter next week too.

Any advice from current owners on the car?

My friend just brought in a 19 Msport + model.
    He’s gone for the EO also due to its small and discreet styling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

I took the plunge, 2019 530e MSport iPerformance, UK, but through a main dealer here. Should have it late next week once the vrt/reg is completed.

Not the first person who did this...Did you ask them specifically to import for you or did they have it in stock themselves anyway...Do you get the same sort of savings when you go through a dealer here? I presume they add on a few quid for themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lobbylad

Cona wrote: »
    Not the first person who did this...Did you ask them specifically to import for you or did they have it in stock themselves anyway...Do you get the same sort of savings when you go through a dealer here? I presume they add on a few quid for themselves?

No, they had it in stock themselves. With all the virus hassle I decided against doing it myself, did it years ago and it worked out fine, but too much trouble. Plus doing that meant I would've had to sell my own privately, too much trouble.

Yes, they had it priced a little above the UK value, but being a BMW dealer, I got a better price on my own as a trade in than the non BMW garages were giving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Cona

Kramer wrote: »

Many BMW dealers won't sell if it's going to be exported though - as instructed by BMW UK (allegedly ;)). Do some research though & some will.

Jaysus lads im losing confidence fast here, I thought it was a doddle to import a car...Car Next and now BMW dealers are refusing to export

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭bmwfan

You wont regret it the 530e is a great car to drive you can take it easy with max e drive and if you need power put the foot down

I went for the non tethered as it look better i bought a cable from the uk and i use it to charge at home and at free charging points

Im not sure if electric Ireland still have the offer of 750 for the charger after your grant its 150 and

Good look with the car

Coming from a 10 reg 520d, that has served me well.

Looking at the EO mini, not sure on the tethered vs non, not keen on the cable with tethered, a bit of an eyesore. Applied for the grant last night, so hopefully get the letter next week too.

Any advice from current owners on the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

Cona wrote: »
    Jaysus lads im losing confidence fast here, I thought it was a doddle to import a car...Car Next and now BMW dealers are refusing to export

It’s a couple of years since l did a personal import of a car from the UK but l didn’t experience any BMW dealer flat out refusing to export. The BMW dealer l bought off hadn’t done an export before but had no issues with it

Ricey3509 wrote: »
    It’s a couple of years since l did a personal import of a car from the UK but l didn’t experience any BMW dealer flat out refusing to export. The BMW dealer l bought off hadn’t done an export before but had no issues with it

Same here, got a car from BMW in Guildford about 10 yrs ago.

Only problem was tax, couldn't tax it as i didn't have a postcode, and the dealer isn't supposed to let you go without tax.

But, the other salesman in the showroom was from Kilkenny so he just said "ah go on so"! I had my ferry booking for that evening so had evidence it was just a straight run from Guildford to Holyhead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Some amount of 530e models being bought recently, both locally & from the UK :eek:.
    It's looking more & more likely this will end at the end of this year, as the UK seem destined to exit without any deal.

BMW are intent on ending their BMW First subscription service too by devaluing it & removing benefits.
    If anyone needs some free wipers or a service soon (20% discount), sign up asap as they changing it from July 1st.

I think there's still a free month's trial & a 2nd free month if using an existing subscriber's referral. I'll add mine here (I'd get an extra month too, but it'll be pretty useless after July 1st).

My link:

https://www.bmw-first.ie?referral=191L3565&utm_campaign=BMW-FIRST_Friends

Grab the free wipers anyway & a mini valet if you can get it booked in before the end of the month.

• Advertisement

Another no brainer really is the five year service pack.

This will cover the first service at 2 years, the brake fluid change a year later, the next full service & free health checks, oil top ups between services etc. The wipers are replaced at each service too.

It's 5 years or 100,000km & is just €429.

It really is a great deal on the 530e.

https://www.bmw.ie/en/topics/owners/for-your-vehicle/service-and-maintainence/service-inclusive.html

In case anyone is bored & looking for an excuse to spend some time in their 530e, I noticed a map update available, dated Jan 2020.
    It's a 29 GB download, unzip it to a USB stick & update through the car's screen.

I did it yesterday - it takes a while to install but you can drive away while it's installing in the background.

It's titled:

Road_Map_EUROPE_EVO_2020-1

Just checked & a new map update is available :eek:.

Road_Map_EUROPE_EVO_2020-2.

You can find these updates in the BMW Connected Drive Portal. For UK origin cars, the UK link is here:
    https://www.bmw-connecteddrive.co.uk/app/index.html#/portal.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Another no brainer really is the five year service pack.
    Can we add service pack on a used car- like an year old?

SummerK wrote: »
    Can we add service pack on a used car- like an year old?

Yes, as long as it hasn't had its first service already.

If anyone needs free wipers or a service/spares or even a hand wash & mini valet, I'd suggest signing up for the free month's BMW First subscription, before they devalue it to the point it's useless.

My link is:

Using my referral will get a 2nd free month but with the discount reducing to just 10% & other benefits being dropped, they really are intent on finishing it.
    They are even increasing the monthly sub - making it all but useless!

I guess it's still worth getting it for the 5c fuel discount & wipers - grab 'em while you still can!

If anyone needs free wipers or a service/spares or even a hand wash & mini valet, I'd suggest signing up for the free month's BMW First subscription, before they devalue it to the point it's useless.

My link is:

Using my referral will get a 2nd free month but with the discount reducing to just 10% & other benefits being dropped, they really are intent on finishing it.
    They are even increasing the monthly sub - making it all but useless!

I guess it's still worth getting it for the 5c fuel discount & wipers - grab 'em while you still can!

Hi Kramer, I signed up 2 days ago and used your referral! Thanks!

Hi Kramer, I signed up 2 days ago and used your referral! Thanks!

Get her booked in before next Wednesday for the mini valet/wash & wipers!
    Typical - it was an OK subscription with the 2 free washes per month, fuel discount, wipers & 20% discount. I got my alignment checked recently & the 20% discount was well worth having.

Probably a loss leader so they nobbled it :(.

Thanks for using my link - make sure you get the extra month!

:).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

kanuseeme wrote: »
    My mother is getting a BMW 225xe in 6 days from a UK BMW dealer

Smart woman

They are a fantastic deal

25k all in for few month old in UK

4wd, 50km EV range, 225bhp

That 1.5l 3 pot engine sounds way better than the 2.0l in 330/530e and way better on juice, its a detuned version of the engine in the fabulous i8 supercar

Can't think of anything almost new for 25k that can match those specs

Get her booked in before next Wednesday for the mini valet/wash & wipers!
    Typical - it was an OK subscription with the 2 free washes per month, fuel discount, wipers & 20% discount. I got my alignment checked recently & the 20% discount was well worth having.

Probably a loss leader so they nobbled it :(.

Thanks for using my link - make sure you get the extra month!

:).

Yes, I'll get her booked in before Wed!

And yep, i got it free till near the end of August, will review it then!

The 5c discount in Circle K isn't much use, a garage near me is already 6c cheaper than Circle K on the N11/deansgrange

When I got the 530e, for the first 24hr or so "Amazon Alexa" was available on Connected drive, but I think you might need an iphone.

Since the car switched over to the Irish reg, and I presume the Irish ConnectedDrive protal, I can't find Alexa again.

Has anyone got it working? Is it worth it chasing them up about it? Its supposed to be standard since late 2018.

Also, the only app I have is Spotify, no TuneIn? Are there some that I'm missing?

(I do have Flickr and a few other rather useless ones).

Finally, no matter what I try (and not even sure I want it to work), I cannot get the gmail integration to work (I've enabled less secure apps in google)

Anyone any thoughts?

• Advertisement

Hi Folks

Couple of questions:

- does any one know if service packs travel from the uk? I was just looking in connected drive and its showing service inclusive up until the car is 4 years old. I'll check with a dealer next week but was just wondering if anyone else has checked it out before.

- What tabs do people see in the connected app? I've got remote/edrive/info for our I3 but only remote/info for the 530e. Also the remote 3d view doesn't appear either. I emailed Bmw connected drive about that but zero response.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Hi Folks

Couple of questions:

- does any one know if service packs travel from the uk? I was just looking in connected drive and its showing service inclusive up until the car is 4 years old. I'll check with a dealer next week but was just wondering if anyone else has checked it out before.

For my I3 , no problem using them in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭Paul Kiernan

jhegarty wrote: »
    For my I3 , no problem using them in Ireland.

Nice little bonus to find a service pack you didn't know about:pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

Hi guys. Currently waiting on vrt to come back to me with price on my 2019 530e m sport plus. For 49co model it comes back as €2182 obviously plus chargeable extras they find. Is this correct ?

Grahamfire wrote: »
    Hi guys. Currently waiting on vrt to come back to me with price on my 2019 530e m sport plus. For 49co model it comes back as €2182 obviously plus chargeable extras they find. Is this correct ?
    I guess you would need to pay around 2400€ including addons.

I got an appointment on 20-July and mine is an Msport with comfort pack. Vrt calculator quoted me 2300 and I’m factoring another 100 or 200 for comfort pack.
    Do you need to contact them in advance for actual vrt amount or upon inspection they will come back to you with a final figure?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Grahamfire

SummerK wrote: »
    I guess you would need to pay around 2400€ including addons.

I got an appointment on 20-July and mine is an Msport with comfort pack. Vrt calculator quoted me 2300 and I’m factoring another 100 or 200 for comfort pack.
    Do you need to contact them in advance for actual vrt amount or upon inspection they will come back to you with a final figure?

Good guess. Mine has the plus pack and 20s. €2312 came back as today ! So inspection first then upto 10 working days for actual price. Not to bad

Is there a possibility to see speed limit in live cockpit? I thought camera would read road sign and display speed limit in driver display.

Hi Folks

Couple of questions:

- What tabs do people see in the connected app? I've got remote/edrive/info for our I3 but only remote/info for the 530e. Also the remote 3d view doesn't appear either. I emailed Bmw connected drive about that but zero response.

Thanks!

Just a quick followup, eventually got a response from the connected drive people and have been told I need a software upgrade and to contact a dealer to get it done. Service pack does travel which is a nice bonus.

BTW checked the VRT that was paid and it was 2400 on mine.

Getting around 30ish Km in max e drive off a full charge but haven't done any long spins yet.

Getting around 30ish Km in max e drive off a full charge but haven't done any long spins yet.

Is yours the 9.2kWh model or newer, 12kWh?
    I've hypermiled my 9.2kWh to just over 50km but I'd be expecting upwards of 40km most days at this time of year.
    Depends, of course, how you drive it.

Well wear :).

• Advertisement

Is yours the 9.2kWh model or newer, 12kWh?
    I've hypermiled my 9.2kWh to just over 50km but I'd be expecting upwards of 40km most days at this time of year.
    Depends, of course, how you drive it.

Well wear :).

Cheers - it’s the 12kWh version

Advertisement