Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

ShaneU's Walrus - The Reveal (Mod: no quoting videos)

• 05-08-2020 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome to my Walrus reveal thread!

Here's a reminder of the categories:

1. Making an Entrance
    If you were a Boxer/Wrestler/MMA Fighter what would your entrance theme be? Something to pump up the crowd? Or maybe something to intimidate your opponent? Make your entrance to the Walrus Arena :D

2. Piano Perfection
    My favourite instrument. Send me any song with piano in it. How much or how little is up to you.

3. Driving Miss Walrus
    Send me a great song to listen to while driving* I'm probably looking for upbeat toe-tappers here (or hand on the wheel tappers in this case) I already have a couple in mind that will score high.

*I may or may not judge these songs while driving :pac:

4. Disco Fever
    There are very few disco songs I don't like. There's even new disco songs creeping into the charts. Send me your favourite disco song, new or old!

5. True Colours
    Send me a song from an artist with a colour in their name. There's more than you think!

6. Hindsight is 2020
    Very simple, send me a song released this year. I want to discover something new :)

And here are our lovely contestants!

Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Beakerjoe
    CJ Maxx
    Deja Boo
    FixXxer
    Green&Red
    Gru
    Homer J. Fong
    Irish Aris
    JohnGreenFan
    JP Liz V1
    Kolido
    Mustang Shelly
    Necro
    Osh
    Pretzil
    RasTa
    S1ippy
    Sawduck
    The Purple Tin
    Y0ssar1an22

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,818 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Round 1 Making an Entrance begins at Thursday 8pm. For this round I was looking for songs that would sound great in a stadium/arena setting.

Here's an example of how to make an entrance :D

As for my own entrance theme? Well I'm glad you asked! :D

The song is called Music by John Miles. Now the structure of this song is bizarre to say the least so we're going to skip straight to the 3 minute mark, past all the lyrics. We don't need to to hear about John's love for music. The strings in this section are EPIC, The crescendo hits at 3:21 this is when I walk out, soaking up the admiration from the crowd. There is a ton of pyro obviously which I walk through careful not to catch on fire. I'm also wearing one of those ridiculous Ric Flair Robes because why not! :D

PXQm.gif

Then at 3:43 The most amazing ring walk music begins, It lasts for 60 seconds before John starts crooning again so we have to get to the ring before then :D

tenor.gif?itemid=12313492

• Registered Users Posts: 84,914 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I don't expect my pick for entrance music to go down well with Shane ; when I was submitting it my thought was, this sounds like the exact sort of thing that Shane said he doesn't like, but had to go with the song I'd actually use as entrance music...

giphy.gif

I don't expect my pick for entrance music to go down well with Shane ; when I was submitting it my thought was, this sounds like the exact sort of thing that Shane said he doesn't like, but had to go with the song I'd actually use as entrance music...
    tenor.gif?itemid=11810130

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think my pick for this round is too obvious. I couldnt help it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,338 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I also changed mine. It would definitely be Roots by In This Moment but I figured that it wouldn't go down to well.

Can I change mine? Ha

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Can I change mine? Ha

Interested in yours from our time in the old PW Draft. The track I picked I actually used at one stage for an entrance theme:)

Can I change mine? Ha

Always stick with your first choice.

giphy.gif

I feel I cheated by using an actual wrestling theme, but its just great entrance music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Not feeling very confident about this first category. I picked a song that I wouldn't normally listen to and it was a discovery through a friend, I think though it fits the theme nicely.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,970 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

I feel I cheated by using an actual wrestling theme, but its just great entrance music.

i was gonna pick randy orton's entrance by rev theory or HHH entrance by motorhead. great songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

i was gonna pick randy orton's entrance by rev theory or HHH entrance by motorhead. great songs.

Which one though? Choose carefully, or someone on the internet might not respect you quite as much as they did before...

Are you ready? It's showtime!

giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    tenor.gif?itemid=12024232

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

200.gif

In 12th place with 10 points is
    LeVar
    Papa Roach - Renegade Music

Have I listened to this artist before? Yes
    Have I listened to this song before? No

Well this sounds very different to what I'd expect from Linkin Park. Lots of energy in this, good choice.

ShaneU wrote: »
    In 12th place with 10 points is
    LeVar
    Papa Roach - Renegade Music

Well this sounds very different to what I'd expect from Linkin Park. Lots of energy in this, good choice.

That's because it's Papa Roach... :D

They're an entirely different band... ;)

In 11th place with 11 points is
    Kolido
    Eminem - Lose Yourself

Have I listened to this song before? Yes

For this to work as entrance theme we’d have to skip forward to Mom’s Spaghetti territory because the start is just too quiet. But when it gets going it would work really well in an arena. Not a big Eminem fan but this is definitely one of his best.

That's because it's Papa Roach... :D

They're an entirely different band... ;)

Haha we're off to a great start!

In 13th place with 9 points is
    Gru
    Foo Fighters - Wattershed

Hahaha this is just a straight-up moshing song! :D It would probably cause a riot in the crowd! I do like a lot of Foo Fighters songs but never heard this one before.

• Advertisement

In 10th place with 12 points is
    Irish Aris
    Eminem - Survival

It’s a Marshall Mathers double bill! Not too clued in on Eminem's more recent stuff but this is pretty good. The drum and bass would sound great in an arena which places it ahead of his other entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

wooden spoon, walrus style... here I come

In 14th place with 8 points is
    Deja Boo
    The Troggs - Wild Thing

Found it hard to place this one. It's a legendary song but the songs ahead of it just had more energy and stadium sound to them.
    Deja Boo wrote:
    wooden spoon, walrus style... here I come

tenor.gif?itemid=16392985

• Registered Users Posts: 13,428 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

:D:D:D:D so much smile!

In 9th place with 13 points is
    RastA
    The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog

Love how gritty the rhythm guitar sounds on this. Would I use this as an entrance theme? Absolutely

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’ll be interested to see how the country songs fare in this

This and the disco round were by some distance the hardest to pick

In 15th place with 7 points is
    Green&Red
    Johnny Cash - God's Gonna Cut You Down

Haven't heard this before but recognise it from "Run On" by Moby. Cash did some great covers before he passed but I would prefer a few others over this one. "Rusty Cage" would have been hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ShaneU wrote: »
    In 10th place with 12 points is
    Irish Aris
    Eminem - Survival

It’s a Marshall Mathers double bill! Not too clued in on Eminem's more recent stuff but this is pretty good. The drum and bass would sound great in an arena which places it ahead of his other entry.

I'll take it!!! It was a category that I wasn't very sure what to do, so very happy with mid table! :)

giphy.gif

In 8th place with 14 points is
    BeakerJoe
    Rick Derringer - Real American

Well you know something Mean Gene? Me and the thousands of screaming Boardsiemaniacs are a little confused here because the album version of this sounds very different to what The Hulkster walks out to! I had to stretch my 24 inch pythons to type this song into YouTube to find the WWE version! So say your prayers and take your vitamins! Cause whatcha gonna do? When WalrusMania runs wild on yooooooooou!

tenor.gif?itemid=5441942

• Advertisement

In 16th place with 6 points is
    y0ssar1an22
    Fall Out Boy - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

This song has no vowels in the title for some reason. Maybe the same reason some boards users replace letters in their names with numbers. Who knows ;) Never been their biggest fan. Their only song I like is Dance, Dance and even that grates on me a little. It’s an alright pop rock song but I just couldn’t put it any higher.

Advertisement