Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst current comedians.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

walshb wrote: »
    Gold: Jason Byrne
    Dead heat for gold, Tommy Tiernan
    Silver is that utter unfunny scouse knob, John Bishop.
    Bronze: Jack Whitehall

Jack Whitehall is one of the biggest bluffers on the tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

I used to watch Mock the Week year ago when Frankie Boyle was on . Russell Howard was the worst person on the show , he'd do weird impressions and tell jokes that'd make no sense, I can't believe hes still making a career out of comedy. Obviously some people find him funny but I can't see why

Frankie Boyle. There are no words. The firing squad is too good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭babi-hrse

I dunno Milton Jones is fairly poor on mock the week I know his whole approach is one liners but he really doesn't have to do stupid faces for effect the joke is funny or it isnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

splinter65 wrote: »

Ye the shock comedy he does gets old very, very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

An absolute effing turd that lad....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,599 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does that McSavage lad qualify here?

Or what actually is he apart from a fooking out and out odd ball....?

Deirdre O Kane is probably the only female ‘comedian’ to get as much as a ‘ha’ out of me.

Oh god.. she absolutely pains me..
    A battle-axe with a neck on her I reckon..

crossman47 wrote: »
    Alison Spittle - no contest

Typical misogynist belittling her physical appearance instead of addressing her comedic talent.

Oh wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

keano_afc wrote: »
    Alison Spittle
    Aisling Bea
    Jason Byrne

i saw aisling bea at the galway comedy festival circa 2013 , shes no richard pryor but i enjoyed the show

shes a talented actress too from what ive seen

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

walshb wrote:

walshb wrote:

walshb wrote:
    Does that McSavage lad qualify here?

In fairness..... David McSavage has some genuinely funny characters. The savage Eye was excellent and refreshing as very few comics take risks anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

Seen Des Bishop long time ago in the comedy club on the keys think the place is gone now. He is still doing the same stuff. If i could hand out of 4th medal Andrew Maxwell is a defo. He is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    i saw aisling bea at the galway comedy festival circa 2013 , shes no richard pryor but i enjoyed the show

shes a talented actress too from what ive seen

I like Aisling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

Jarlath Regan

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Dingaan wrote: »
    I went to see Russell Howard last year in Dublin. The tickets were a gift. I never heard of him before going.

It was dreadful! He spent the whole show poking fun at the conservative party and conservative people in general. Does everything have to be heavily politicized these days? The crowd lapped it up all the same.
    I was expecting more creative humour than just cheap jokes.

That’s his act in fairness. He does a program that critiques he weeks news.

I don’t like his comedy at all, but you can hardly give out about politicised comedy from someone who’s entire career is based on political comedy.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

That bearded guy who posts videos of himself sitting in his car shouting in an exaggerated rural accent. He's about as funny as an aids diagnosis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

Ye the shock comedy he does gets old very, very quickly.

I used to find him tedious because, yeah, 'shock comedy' stops being shocking when it's just a constant barrage and you're essentially building an entire act around the worst elements of your horrible cunty audience. Although I watched one of his more recent shows on Netflix and found parts of it really good, far more thoughtful than his 'Mock the Week' drivel.

He had a great joke about Jeremy Corbyn a few years ago, referring to him hypothetically becoming prime minister and then dying suddenly on a countryside walk, only for it to later emerge that he had kicked himself to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

That bearded guy who posts videos of himself sitting in his car shouting in an exaggerated rural accent. He's about as funny as an aids diagnosis.

I believe his name is Kathleen.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

jk23 wrote: »
    Jarlath Regan

Yeah I’m very suspicious of men that are more feminist than women

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

His SJW activism is funnier than his " comedy " which is saying something

Sir stevo Timothy something or other ?

Insufferable bore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

I didn't realise fake fb comedians counted.

In that case the roaring lad in the car and Rory's Stories have to take gold. One day scientists will discover and cure the defect that causes people to find that ****e funny, until then, they're in my prayers.

• Advertisement

To be fair to all the bad comedians for a minute, I think half the problem is that to build a profile these days you have to be pucking stuff out on the social media pretty much constantly..no one is that funny or diverse enough to keep it interesting.. They kind of get stuck in a character or several characters as well so like, if you see something, and like their page or whatever, within a month it's old.. a year later you're like "ah, that prick in the car.." or whatever..

Is it not kind of odd too that so many view it as a career choice.. like, really, I shouldn't be seeing your Facebook comedy page until you've been hammering out your set for a year at dodgy comedy clubs..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

We have a winner. Friends or family need to take him aside and gently explain to him that he's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Damn, that was the lady I meant to ask about. Not Maeve Higgins.

Go on back and edit your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

To be fair to all the bad comedians for a minute, I think half the problem is that to build a profile these days you have to be pucking stuff out on the social media pretty much constantly..no one is that funny or diverse enough to keep it interesting.. They kind of get stuck in a character or several characters as well so like, if you see something, and like their page or whatever, within a month it's old.. a year later you're like "ah, that prick in the car.." or whatever..

Is it not kind of odd too that so many view it as a career choice.. like, really, I shouldn't be seeing your Facebook comedy page until you've been hammering out your set for a year at dodgy comedy clubs..

No, Alison Spittle is still bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Meeoow

David O'Doherty and Joe Wilkinson. Saw them on panel shows. They both have the same stick. Trying to act the spacer, try to act a bit zany. Not funny, just tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Went to the Olympia about 10yrs back to see Patrick Kielty (free tickets), utterly woeful, spent the first 10minutes joking about Madeline McCann, if i was the person then who i am now i'd have stood up and walked out.

Support guy was Adam Hills who was class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Boyle's "jokes" about Down Syndrome and disabled child "fking" his mother exposed him for the vile creature he is.

His politics give him immunity from the commissars.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Boyle's "jokes" about Down Syndrome and disabled child "fking" his mother exposed him for the vile creature he is.

His politics give him immunity from the commissars.
    He's a massive hypocrite. Made his name with edgy jokes and has now gone woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Matmania wrote: »
    I know everyone has different tastes so i get that but just looking for who they think is the least funny comedian operating today. Also who gets the silver and who would get the bronze. Not looking for reasons just names. I will start.

Gold: Russell Howard
    Silver: Jason Byrne
    Bronze: Des Bishop

At the end hopefully be a consensus and we can award the medals.

russell howard is the gold for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

He's a massive hypocrite. Made his name with edgy jokes and has now gone woke.

Luckily his edgy jokes were all targeted towards conservatives, white celebrities and the middle class.

His transition to woke was easy because he never took a pop at the left

Advertisement