Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Took a look at my project SV650S' front end - will need a speedo sensor rotor, caliper seals, and some prep for paint to refresh to the forks. Much more to do but should be smooth enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

cantdecide wrote: »
    Took a look at my project SV650S' front end - will need a speedo sensor rotor, caliper seals, and some prep for paint to refresh to the forks. Much more to do but should be smooth enough...

Is the Fazer done or is this a parallel project?
    Edit:
    Scratch that - I posted before I watched the video and see nowthat you talked about and showed the Fazer towards the end of the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

H_Lime wrote: »
    Holy toledo, 114 inch cubed is well over 1800cc lol, hoooge! Does she run twin spark heads?! What's mpg like? What's the bore and stroke? You'd think it's gotta be a square motor at that cc Harley dont rev high so probably a long stroke yeah?

Twin spark yeah, 8 sparks in total for the twin, hence the name Milwaukee 8 :)

I get about 280-300 out of a tank, lower in the city though which can bring it down a good bit.

Bore x stroke is 4.016” x 4.5, gives out 118 ft-lbs @ 3500 rpm as well which is the fun part. Has a stage 1 on it (just the exhaust and fuel flow). Feels like a turbo on the road and it is addictive as hell to ramp it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

memphis-shades-road-warrior-lens-fxfb-83002958_2765651043517109_8574588612804148291_n__45858.1582826079.jpg?c=2?imbypass=on

Not my bike, but I added the lens over the headlight today, so it fills in the gap in front of the light and stop the garbage pilling up.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Japcati2020

Rear brake master cylinder service,caliper clean and a bleed with RBF racing fluid.
    S1000RR has a proper rear brake again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fox Mulder

Progress on my Honda CB550 cafe racer has really slowed down but I made a short video showing how I made a new points cover for the engine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Fox Mulder wrote: »
    Progress on my Honda CB550 cafe racer has really slowed down but I made a short video showing how I made a new points cover for the engine.

What can I say! Soo cool:)

What can I say! Soo cool:)

That is very cool. What CAD do you use?
    What was the total machining time on that?

gn3dr wrote: »
    Is the Fazer done or is this a parallel project?
    Edit:
    Scratch that - I posted before I watched the video and see nowthat you talked about and showed the Fazer towards the end of the video.

Indeed. I'm mad to get back on the Fazer but I should get this one off the bench first. At least now, the last of the Fazer parts should roll in in the meantime. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Fox Mulder

gn3dr wrote: »
    That is very cool. What CAD do you use?
    What was the total machining time on that?

I use CREO (PRO/ENGINEER). Anyone can download the academic version off their website and it has all the functionality except you cant transfer parts between two different users. The machining takes a while as my mill is very small and will only take modest cuts.

• Advertisement

Progress on my project SV650...

520466.jpg
    520467.jpg
    520468.jpg
    520469.jpg

520466.jpg
    520467.jpg
    520468.jpg
    520469.jpg

Good ol Suzuki paint n plating eh!
    Looking great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Good ol Suzuki paint n plating eh!
    Looking great!

Was probably like this after the first week on the road.

Looks good, nice job.

So true but I'll still always regards myself as a Suzuki guy!!

Cheers, gang!!

So true but I'll still always regards myself as a Suzuki guy!!

Cheers, gang!!

Three in the garage myself, they are fun machines.

I use CREO (PRO/ENGINEER). Anyone can download the academic version off their website and it has all the functionality except you cant transfer parts between two different users. The machining takes a while as my mill is very small and will only take modest cuts.

Thanks. I use Bobcad which includes CAM also. I have the same problem with modest cuts as my machine is also small (a Syil X4) . I've be been offered an old Bridgeport CNC recently for refitting with more modern controls. Not sure I need another tool project though.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

520466.jpg
    520467.jpg
    520468.jpg
    520469.jpg

What did you use to tidy them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

I like your videos. I don't often watch stuff on Youtube but well done on yours! I've made a couple myself but haven't had the guts to go upload them yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,993 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What did you use to tidy them up?

+1. what prep work did you do, sanding? primer? top coat? lacquer or not?

Looks like you just masked off hoses, oil filler and window, wires, and sprayed everything else, bolt heads and all? I was thinking of having to remove the engine side covers to do it which would be a pain.

SV1000 engine cases could do with the same treatment once I get the forks done. The forks aren't in bad shape at all, but seeing as though I'm taking them off and apart anyway I should look into taking the opportunity to redo the finish.

Doing physio and my knee is getting a little bit stronger every day so I might be back on the road this summer, yet...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,437 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Replaced the mirrors today, then when they were fitted I noticed something. I'd left the bubble wrap on unyil id finished fitting so as not to damage so never saw the crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Replaced the mirrors today, then when they were fitted I noticed something. I'd left the bubble wrap on unyil id finished fitting so as not to damage so never saw the crack

That’s an absolute b**ls , like that when you bought them you think?

That’s an absolute b**ls , like that when you bought them you think?

100% I was carful with them, I've mailed the ebay seller so see what they say, fecked if I'm paying to send it back though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,126 ✭✭✭✭blade1

100% I was carful with them, I've mailed the ebay seller so see what they say, fecked if I'm paying to send it back though
    If you paid with PayPal sign up for free returns.
    PayPal will cover you for 6 returns a year up to €30 for each one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Replaced the cam chain tensioner on my 2010 FJR. Old one was still ok but with >90k and a supposedly upgraded one available for €55.
    I decided it would be money well spent. New one is slightly shorter (technical term) when extended than the oe one. The only difficulty is in removing the lower tensioner mounting bolt.

blade1 wrote: »
    If you paid with PayPal sign up for free returns.
    PayPal will cover you for 6 returns a year up to €30 for each one.

Seller doesn't want it back, new one on the way to me :)

Pain in the balls Lollipop, but that bike brings back a lot of happy memories :) I had a nicer colour though :pac:

Life ain't always empty.

Pain in the balls Lollipop, but that bike brings back a lot of happy memories :) I had a nicer colour though :pac:

What colour was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

Took those piece of sh1t mirrors off my busa this afternoon, I was surprised to see how they were “wired”

56-ADF4-D8-6-DDB-4-C0-D-9-A5-B-60-A6-C0-B9-FBA3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 627 ✭✭✭The QuietMan

I know which I prefer

F72-F70-C9-629-B-493-A-B6-F1-621-B985-C8-B52.jpg

These

79-F3-DF78-843-D-49-CD-9611-9-B11-D868-B883.jpg

• Advertisement

What colour was it?

Black / brown / silver

Distinct rises in power at 8k, 10k, 12k rpm which get quite addictive...

Very easy bike to go fast on and cheap to run, practical to tour on too so not all about speed.

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement