Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Faugheen wrote: »
    So then do a three-stop next week.

These races are boring enough as it is without giving the teams the chance to only do one stop as well.

That's not how these situations play out - there is a question mark over the tyres - 4 failures - safety will be the grounds for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Inquitus wrote: »
    Its a safety issue, the tyres are failing not wearing out, Kvyat was a very lucky boy, that crash was at a very high speed point on the circuit and it was great he was able to walk away.

The Kvyat incident was nothing like the issues seen elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Infoanon wrote: »
    That's not how these situations play out - there is a question mark over the tyres - 4 failures - safety will be the grounds for change.

Or they can drop the number of laps a tyre can expect to do by 10-20%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭Harika

Infoanon wrote: »

Change to an even harder compound or Pirelli reducing advised tyre life?
    Just saw Pirelli advised to do less laps on hard then the guys did. 4 laps delta. Safety car option sure, at the end they overstretched

Get them all to pit 3 times and throw in a bit if refuelling too for the craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

6-time world champion.

Beat every team-mate he’s ever had, including three world champions.

Mine might only be opinions, but I can back mine up with facts. You just spew rage and sarcasm.

He finished level on points with Alonso despite the team effectively falling out with Alonso midway through the year.. Then he whipped kovalainen! No surprise there. Jenson button outscored hamilton over the 3 years They had together. Then he only had rosberg for competition from 13-16 and rosberg beat him once, and now he’s got a toothless bottas who doesn’t even want to beat Lewis so who else is there to stop him winning!?
    He’s so overrated, incredibly unlikeable and insufferable. Himself and merc are destroying the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,606 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Harika wrote: »
    Change to an even harder compound or Pirelli reducing advised tyre life?

Reducing the advised tyre life is exactly what they should do. Changing the compounds would be a knee jerk overreaction. The teams will just go with 2 stops next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 17 comedown

My apologies. Either way he won the tie-breaker.

He beat Alonso, a two-time defending champion, as a rookie.

Dry your eyes and accept facts. Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time.

The fact the same bull**** comes up every weekend is tiring.

The stats show Alonso was the quicker of the two.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/beneath-alonsos-team-mate-dominance

Personally think Hamilton is a good driver but has had a ridiculously fortunate career. I'd rate Alonso higher personally. Also think Verstappen would destroy Hamilton in equal machinery.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Pirelli have some questions to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Eva is talking to Lando on Channel 4.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Pirelli have some questions to answer.

Like why did tyres that were advised to run for 36 laps maximum, explode after 40 laps? :confused: :pac:

Like why did tyres that were advised to run for 36 laps maximum, explode after 40 laps? :confused: :pac:

Did you not see Kvyat's tire failing?

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

comedown wrote: »
    The stats show Alonso was the quicker of the two.

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/articles/single-seaters/f1/beneath-alonsos-team-mate-dominance

Personally think Hamilton is a good driver but has had a ridiculously fortunate career. I'd rate Alonso higher personally. Also think Verstappen would destroy Hamilton in equal machinery.

He is a good driver... a lot better than bottas that’s for sure and at the moment that’s all he has had to do and it’s all he has to do to for the foreseeable future to rewrite the history books. He has to give the press and media something else to focus on so he’s starting to dapple in politics but he really is out of his depth on what weive seen so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Does Pirellis advisory that tyre life is 36 laps mean they expect complete failure afret that ?

I thought tyre life was an indicator of degradation?

Did you not see Kvyat's tire failing?

Brundle said it was a tyre failure, until now I haven't heard anything official why it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Tyres for next week are one step softer across the range. If pirelli say that today's mediums only do 20-odd laps, it just means we'll definitely have a two-stop race. The strategy may make it interesting, but I fear they know enough about today's mediums that'll it only neutralise the racing. Expect more a procession with passing only in pits as drivers try to save tyre life.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Definitely 2 stops next week on the even softer compounds. Good drive from Gasly today, he seems really happy in the Alpha Tauri. Decent result for Albon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,727 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Did Hamilton get a Grand Slam this weekend then, Pole, Led every lap and won the race?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Did Hamilton get a Grand Slam this weekend then, Pole, Led every lap and won the race?

Fastest lap he missed

Fastest lap he missed

Aye just realised, Max got that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

weekaizer wrote: »
    He finished level on points with Alonso despite the team effectively falling out with Alonso midway through the year.. Then he whipped kovalainen! No surprise there. Jenson button outscored hamilton over the 3 years They had together. Then he only had rosberg for competition from 13-16 and rosberg beat him once, and now he’s got a toothless bottas who doesn’t even want to beat Lewis so who else is there to stop him winning!?
    He’s so overrated, incredibly unlikeable and insufferable. Himself and merc are destroying the sport.

Yummy salty tears. No way have you watched every race since he started. Even the saltiest Button fan (and there are many) who had would not come to these conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Today was possibly a two stop for a few teams but the 12 laps behind safety car probably encouraged them to push more.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 FPL_Junior

Definitely 2 stops next week on the even softer compounds. Good drive from Gasly today, he seems really happy in the Alpha Tauri. Decent result for Albon too.

Definitely seems the case with it looking to be warmer next Sunday too. Like Max in the RB, it seems to be the perfect car for Gasly.

Wtf was Grosjean up to? He could have caused very serious incidents a number of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Grosjean haas to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Grosjean haas had it. I think he just does not understand what he was doing wrong but at least he said sorry. I suppose it's a bit like that other thing in the sport with the ball. Some people get it and some do not. I for one never did get it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Any chance we can get a Lewis Hamilton discussion thread? I'd rather read opinions on the race in the race thread rather than a stream of posts back and forthing about hamiltons past.

Hamilton is 30 points ahead after today which basically means he has a whole race in hand over Bottas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Hamilton is an average driver who has been fortunate to be in a far superior F1 car than any other teams for many years. Not only that, he has been given a free run in that team with token second drivers as team mates.

IMO I reckon there is probably at least 5 or 6 better drivers on the grid than him at the moment that would make a fool of him if they were given level pegging in the same car, and that is probably being kind to him.

• Advertisement

Hamilton is an average driver who has been fortunate to be in a far superior F1 car than any other teams for many years. Not only that, he has been given a free run in that team with token second drivers as team mates.

IMO I reckon there is probably at least 5 or 6 better drivers on the grid than him at the moment that would make a fool of him if they were given level pegging in the same car, and that is probably being kind to him.

What a load of nonsense! Go back to watching Fireman Sam :P

Advertisement