Advertisement
Boards Golf Society are looking for new members for 2022...read about the society and their planned outings here!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

1111214161719

Comments



  • Excellent result for Ricciardo and Ocon :)




  • Typical Lewis Hamilton luck




  • A 3 wheel Merc can still win well.


    Very kind of Red Bull to make sure not to get in Hamiltons way!




  • What an ending. Such a pity that Max was not able to get the win or even if it had of been Lewis with the flat tyre first. Awe well at least it was an exciting ending.




  • Ah lads the commentators saying why did they pit Max.

    They had a pit stop ahead of LeClerc for well over 20 laps. They should have pit him earlier.


  • Advertisement


  • Interesting.. Verstappen would have won if he hadn't taken the pit stop, but then he wouldn't have gotten the fastest lap, and what were the chances Hamilton's tyre would go too?




  • Polar101 wrote: »
    Interesting.. Verstappen would have won if he hadn't taken the pit stop, but then he wouldn't have gotten the fastest lap, and what were the chances Hamilton's tyre would go too?

    It is a tough one isn't it. I'd have stayed out a gambled for the bigger prize.




  • Polar101 wrote: »
    Interesting.. Verstappen would have won if he hadn't taken the pit stop, but then he wouldn't have gotten the fastest lap, and what were the chances Hamilton's tyre would go too?

    They should have pit him with 10 to go. LeClerc wasn’t within an asses roar of him.

    Shout out to Gasly btw. Great race from him.




  • Verstappen not pitting could have resulted in a flat for himself. They took the safer option. Lewis very, very lucky today.




  • It is a tough one isn't it. I'd have stayed out a gambled for the bigger prize.

    It all happened so fast. Three cars with punctures. Who's to say Max wouldn't have had one too.


  • Advertisement


  • Nearly forgot Charles was in this race. P3 good result.




  • quokula wrote: »
    They finished level on points despite Ron Dennis openly admitting that the team was “racing against Alonso” as the relationship deteriorated when Alonso was one of the whistle blowers about the corruption within the team and their use of stolen Ferrari blueprints.

    Way off topic though.

    Hamilton had more wins. If the title was to be decided that way then Hamilton would have been World Champion.

    He beat him after Alonso didn’t like that Hamilton was putting it up to him.

    Everyone talks about Hamilton’s attitude but of Alonso had a better one he wouldn’t have burned bridges with nearly every team he’s ever driven for.




  • The camera man that got punched earlier on threw a box of screws on the track i heard on Twitter to liven things up.
    He got them on special in Aldi.




    *may not necessarily be true




  • astrofluff wrote: »
    Verstappen not pitting could have resulted in a flat for himself. They took the safer option. Lewis very, very lucky today.

    Max pitted to go for fastest lap.

    Kyvats earlier tyre issues should perhaps have been a warning.

    Assume next weeks tyre compounds will be changed on safety grounds.

    Lewis lucky - Bottas unlucky




  • astrofluff wrote: »
    Verstappen not pitting could have resulted in a flat for himself. They took the safer option. Lewis very, very lucky today.

    Incredibly lucky. That’s 25 unearned points gained over Bottas. Not that Bottas is allowed to challenge him, but he does pick up points at the odd race when Hamilton makes a complete mess of things like he did at Austria, and like he’s prone to do semi regularly. But any slight outside chance of Bottas sneaking it is gone now.




  • It is a tough one isn't it. I'd have stayed out a gambled for the bigger prize.

    ...but 2 laps from the end, you wouldn't have known that Hamilton would have a tyre failure on the last lap?




  • ...but 2 laps from the end, you wouldn't have known that Hamilton would have a tyre failure on the last lap?

    Yeah Red Bull couldn’t have predicted that. Stopping at the end to go for fastest lap has become standard practice for them when they have a window to do so, so I wouldn’t blame them for it.

    Just typical Hamilton luck. The opposite of Hulkenberg.




  • Faugheen wrote: »
    Hamilton had more wins. If the title was to be decided that way then Hamilton would have been World Champion.

    He beat him after Alonso didn’t like that Hamilton was putting it up to him.

    Everyone talks about Hamilton’s attitude but of Alonso had a better one he wouldn’t have burned bridges with nearly every team he’s ever driven for.

    Actually they both won 4 races that year.




  • astrofluff wrote: »
    Verstappen not pitting could have resulted in a flat for himself. They took the safer option. Lewis very, very lucky today.

    True but if they had pitted Max 10 laps ago he would have been closer to Hamilton and would have won. LeClerc was so far back it would have made no odds.




  • Faugheen wrote: »
    Hamilton had more wins. If the title was to be decided that way then Hamilton would have been World Champion.

    He beat him after Alonso didn’t like that Hamilton was putting it up to him.

    Everyone talks about Hamilton’s attitude but of Alonso had a better one he wouldn’t have burned bridges with nearly every team he’s ever driven for.

    Hamilton didn’t have more wins. Given that you’ve shown yourself willing to lie to prove your point I’m not going to argue with you. Maybe you should go follow him on Twitter and share some anti-vaccine propaganda while you’re on a roll with the misinformation.


  • Advertisement


  • If Verstappen pitted earlier, so too would have Hamilton and he would have gotten the fastest lap. He could only do it when Hamilton could not. So an earlier stop was of no benefit.

    If Verstappen did not pit when he did, he would have foregone the chance to get fastest lap and run the risk of a blowout. For what, a slim to zero chance that Hamilton's tyre fails?!

    Just because we know that it failed doesn't mean they didn't make the right decision at the time. The chance was much less than 50%, probably less than 20%. Red Bull did the right thing.




  • Faugheen wrote: »
    Ah lads the commentators saying why did they pit Max.

    They had a pit stop ahead of LeClerc for well over 20 laps. They should have pit him earlier.

    If they had pitted him earlier for fastest lap, then Hamilton would have also been free to pit for fastest lap. If you're going to do it you have to do it last...




  • quokula wrote: »
    Hamilton didn’t have more wins. Given that you’ve shown yourself willing to lie to prove your point I’m not going to argue with you. Maybe you should go follow him on Twitter and share some anti-vaccine propaganda while you’re on a roll with the misinformation.

    My apologies. Either way he won the tie-breaker.

    He beat Alonso, a two-time defending champion, as a rookie.

    Dry your eyes and accept facts. Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time.

    The fact the same bull**** comes up every weekend is tiring.




  • Lewis got 2 trophies for his efforts. What's the first one like.




  • Faugheen wrote: »
    My apologies. Either way he won the tie-breaker.

    He beat Alonso, a two-time defending champion, as a rookie.

    Dry your eyes and accept facts. Hamilton is one of the greatest of all time.

    The fact the same bull**** comes up every weekend is tiring.

    You’re confusing your misguided opinion with facts.




  • Infoanon wrote: »
    Max pitted to go for fastest lap.

    Kyvats earlier tyre issues should perhaps have been a warning.

    Assume next weeks tyre compounds will be changed on safety grounds.

    Lewis lucky - Bottas unlucky

    Why would they change the tyres on safety grounds? It's up to the teams to manage their own tyre strategies. Nothing says they have to do a one stop. If they were worried about the degradation they should have reacted and switch to a 2 stop




  • skipper_G wrote: »
    Why would they change the tyres on safety grounds? It's up to the teams to manage their own tyre strategies. Nothing says they have to do a one stop. If they were worried about the degradation they should have reacted and switch to a 2 stop

    Its a safety issue, the tyres are failing not wearing out, Kvyat was a very lucky boy, that crash was at a very high speed point on the circuit and it was great he was able to walk away.




  • Inquitus wrote: »
    Its a safety issue, the tyres are failing not wearing out, Kvyat was a very lucky boy, that crash was at a very high speed point on the circuit and it was great he was able to walk away.

    So then do a three-stop next week.

    These races are boring enough as it is without giving the teams the chance to only do one stop as well.




  • quokula wrote: »
    You’re confusing your misguided opinion with facts.

    6-time world champion.

    Beat every team-mate he’s ever had, including three world champions.

    Mine might only be opinions, but I can back mine up with facts. You just spew rage and sarcasm.


  • Advertisement


  • Inquitus wrote: »
    Its a safety issue, the tyres are failing not wearing out, Kvyat was a very lucky boy, that crash was at a very high speed point on the circuit and it was great he was able to walk away.

    Thankfully them F1 cars are designed to withstand these big crashes and protect the drivers. If that had of been 15 or 20 years ago it might have been a bit worse but still not near as bad as the 50s, 60s or 70s.


Advertisement