Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

quokula wrote: »
    ...Bottas hasn’t made a single mistake so far this year. He won when Hamilton screwed up, and he did exactly what the team wanted in staying comfortably in second and not challenging Hamilton in the other races, right down to slamming on the brakes into turn 1 at Silvestone after he made a superior start to Lewis.

You don't think bottas is trying to overtake Hamilton at the starts? I'd say bottas is doing his best and coming up short. Same as Vettel against his teammate and Latifi against his teammate and Kimi against his teammate. I don't buy that any of them are holding back. They're just not as quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,956 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Joeface wrote: »
    Renault bringing some updates which they say should bring them in line with Mclaren or just a head (if they work )

Was impressed with Renaults pace at the end of the last race Dani Ric made some serious progress.

I'm enjoying McLaren having some success. But it would be good to see Renault get up there and compete too.

They said they were bringing a "trickle" of updates to the races last weekend and they did a decent job last week. They benefited from the burst tyres at the end but we're competitive in the race and finished well.

Renault has been pretty underwhelming since its return.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

You don't think bottas is trying to overtake Hamilton at the starts? I'd say bottas is doing his best and coming up short. Same as Vettel against his teammate and Latifi against his teammate and Kimi against his teammate. I don't buy that any of them are holding back. They're just not as quick.

I haven't seen it since so my comment could be way off, but I thought at the time that Bottas let off and didn't challenge Hamilton as much as could have into the first corner and into the second, maybe that was Bottas being cautious as he would with anyone but was how my live but reactive mind saw it at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭recyclebin

It does look like Bottas just follows team orders and follows the company line and tucks in behind Hamilton after the first corner. When Hamilton is behind Bottas it's the total opposite. Leclerc had balls at Ferrari to stand up to Vettel. Bottas doesn't seem to have that same drive to risk pissing off the team. He seems to be hoping for Hamilton to DNF to win a championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

BikeRacer wrote: »
    I'm sorry but that's complete rubbish from start to finish. Your consistent anti Merc/Hamilton posts are getting embarrassing now.

Nice job throwing out personal insults and not being able to counter any of the points made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Perez quarantine is finished.

Needs to return a negative test then he is free to race this week.
    Gutting for Hulk. RP holding off on the decision until after the result so not looking good for Hulk's chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,373 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Pooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

The scrutineering sheet had car #27 listed as Racing Point so would appear to indicate Hulk retains.

Oddly it also states the driver that tested the cockpit exit time test was Roy Nissany who isnt even listed to do the FP1 :pac:

Advertisement