Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2020 - British Grand Prix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Acosta wrote: »
    Argh just spent an hour watching that irritating moron Crofty Croft on Sky not realising it was live on C4

Aye this weeks race is on Sky and Ch4, next weeks is Sky only, sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Shame Bottas isn't able to compete with Hamilton like Rosberg did. Extremely boring up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

Bottas is not near capable of taking on hamilton. Period.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Shame Bottas isn't able to compete with Hamilton like Rosberg did. Extremely boring up front.

Agreed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭CFlat

Ah I think on a good few occasions he's at least kept Lewis honest even today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

weekaizer wrote: »

I wonder is Bottas afraid of Hamilton or maybe team management or maybe he just does have the killer instinct to go and get it no matter what. Lewis should stop whinging over nothing. I would say any of the other 19 drivers if they drove his car would not find a thing wrong with it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

weekaizer wrote: »

Some amount of full stops there. Did you mean ... ? :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

AMKC wrote: »
    I wonder is Bottas afraid of Hamilton or maybe team management or maybe he just does have the killer instinct to go and get it no matter what. Lewis should stop whinging over nothing. I would say any of the other 19 drivers if they drove his car would not find a thing wrong with it.

Don't think he has the killer competitive instinct. Rosberg had it and was prepared to push it to the limit to win. I expect to see Bottas settling in behind Hamilton tomorrow and cruising to 2nd without really putting any pressure on Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭weekaizer

AMKC wrote: »

Hamilton has to give the impression out to the world that he is constantly having to overcome adversity at some level... he doesn’t want people to think that these poles, wins and championships are coming easy for him because he thinks he will be discredited further down the line. He was vocal about the damage vettel was doing to the sport in the Red Bull days and now he realizes he is in the same boat in a dominant car but he will never publicly admit that. Bottas really has no advantages over Hamilton, he’s not quicker over a lap, not quicker over a race distance, not mentally as strong or aggressive, not as good in the wet and he’s not as intelligent it seems. Hamilton is in a one horse race every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Good to get a live race on C4 just to have a change of scenery away from Crofty. Ben Edwards is really good.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Seeing lap record tumble should be exciting but it just isn't. It's like Mercedes are in Formula 1 and everyone else are in Formula 1.5.

Fair play to Leclerc, he's dragging that Ferrari around the track. Vettel very poor. Not sure his heart/head is in it.

Fair play to Leclerc, he's dragging that Ferrari around the track. Vettel very poor. Not sure his heart/head is in it.

Poor Vettel didn't get much running in FP due to various gremlins, so hard to judge him this week imho.

Aye Bottas wouldn't have the balls to do what Rosberg did at Mirebeau in Monaco qualifying! That's the sort of Schumacher, Prost, Senna gamemanship that is sometimes required to clinch a Drivers Championship!

https://www.racefans.net/2014/05/24/rosberg-deliberately-go-mirabeau/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Albon looks like a broken man. Confidence look to be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

recyclebin wrote: »
    Albon looks like a broken man. Confidence look to be gone.

He was not in a good mood during his post race interview. I hope he bounces back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,621 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Regarding Bottas - he should have been sacked at the end of the 2018 season. Hamilton had eleven wins, Bottas had zero. Shocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Regarding Bottas - he should have been sacked at the end of the 2018 season. Hamilton had eleven wins, Bottas had zero. Shocking.

They still won both championships, that’s all Mercedes want, is a wingman who can bring home the points and not be a threat to Hamilton, the last thing they want is another Rosberg situation. Bottas is doing what they want and is being kept honest with 1 year rolling contracts so he doesn’t get too comfortable.

They still won both championships, that’s all Mercedes want, is a wingman who can bring home the points and not be a threat to Hamilton, the last thing they want is another Rosberg situation. Bottas is doing what they want and is being kept honest with 1 year rolling contracts so he doesn’t get too comfortable.

Agreed, he is also a damned good driver, who on the grid is better than him, he's generally just a tenth or 2 off Hamilton in qually and often out qualifies his illustrious teammate. Max is better, LeClerc is better, maybe Vettel but perhaps not this season, who else?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Haha, Daruvala's race engineer just delivered the radio comment of the season so far in the F2 race:

Daruvala - "Can I have an update on the race?"
    Race Engineer - "Just fúcking drive fast!"

:pac:

Jordan 199 wrote: »

That's ideal for Merc. He picked up 247 points in 2018 which a) ensured they won the WCC and b) he didn't challenge or cause Hamilton any problems. Perfect teammate.

• Advertisement

That's ideal for Merc. He picked up 247 points in 2018 which a) ensured they won the WCC and b) he didn't challenge or cause Hamilton any problems. Perfect teammate.

Just had a look there, Bottas didn't beat Hamilton in a single race that year, genuinely didn't think he was that bad. Was checking because was going to do a little bit of maths. :pac:
    EDIT: Bottas beat him in 3 races, my bad.
    In 2018 Hamilton's team mate needed 8 points per race to keep the constructor's title with Merc. So 6th place at every race in the fastest car. Any of the lads on the grid or in F2 (and most in F3) would have been able to do that.

Just had a look there, Bottas didn't beat Hamilton in a single race that year, genuinely didn't think he was that bad. Was checking because was going to do a little bit of maths. :pac:
    EDIT: Bottas beat him in 3 races, my bad.
    In 2018 Hamilton's team mate needed 8 points per race to keep the constructor's title with Merc. So 6th place at every race in the fastest car. Any of the lads on the grid or in F2 (and most in F3) would have been able to do that.

Mercedes and Toto are obviously happy with him. He does the job they need him to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Russell will be 20th.

All other stewards investigations had no consequence but he gets a 5 place drop for not slowing down when Latifi went off.

Spare a thought for Lewis and his challenging day. He broke the lap record multiple times and finished a second faster than the next team!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,244 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Spare a thought for Lewis and his challenging day. He broke the lap record multiple times and finished a second faster than the next team!

No amount of spin on that will work. The hardest challenge he has is getting out of bed I'd say.

Think I will skip this glorified test session tomorrow, Merc pretty much 1.5 clear of everyone, and will be for another year or so. If the F1 management had any sense they would be a bit more proactive about some immediate changes (like they have done before) before this sport eats itself.

We don't even have a remotely competitive sport right now, just Merc cashing in on its investment hand over fist.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Forget about the mercs. F1.5 continues to captivate; a 'front row' of Max and Leclerc, with Norris and Stroll just behind. Should be some great racing.

Am I right that Norris is the only one of the top 6 starting on softs?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

F2 is fùcking immense this year aswell if people dont wanna watch F1 watch F2 instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Any hope of some serious rain tomorrow to make it some bit interesting

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Any hope of some serious rain tomorrow to make it some bit interesting

Nothing in the forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Look at how many times he says me and I in one tweet. Shout out to my team for helping me do what I.

Does my head in he does.

Advertisement