Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healthcare assistant jailed for 11 years for rape of woman with Alzheimer's

Options

Comments

Not a chance. He'll just cry that his life is in danger back in whatever ****hole he left

Its something we shouldn't give a damn about. I have zero concern what happens to some scumbag rapist in his home country.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,335 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I had a family member in that home I’d be very concerned about what could have being going on with that guy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,695 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Danzy wrote: »
    Given the severity of his crime, why isn't he on a plane out of here, back home.

Just to be clear -

I started the thread because I thought the Judge deserved credit for the sentence he handed down in this particular case, as all too often complaints are made that sentencing for these types of crimes is considered too lenient.

When I started the thread, there was no mention of the perpetrators name in the article I quoted from the RTÉ website. My intent in starting the thread wasn’t just to fuel more shìte talk about migrants. There’s enough of those types of threads in CA already.

As an example of more Judges deserving credit where it’s due for sentencing for this type of crime, there’s another case today in the news where the perpetrator is appealing the length of his sentence where he was sentenced to 14 years -

Rapist Patrick Nevin appeals severity of 14-year sentence, DPP counter appeals

No bollocks talk about “sending him home”, because you can’t. Send him to hell for all I care. I don’t care whether or not the perpetrator in the case I started this thread with is or isn’t a migrant either. He could just as easily be born and bred Irish for all anyone knows or cares. I certainly didn’t care who or where he was from at the time when I made the thread and there was no mention of his name.

The more pertinent fact was that he committed a despicable act against another human being and was handed what I thought was a fair and appropriate sentence, although I do accept it’s a fair point that he should have gotten a longer sentence in this case. The point was more so that all too often Judges are perceived to hand down lenient sentences, and this one deserved to be highlighted and the Judge given credit for the length of the sentence in this particular case.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Deported I hope after his release in about 3 years time.

Deported? Not Irish so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

And the welfare state shouldnt have to pay to support the children of a man who is in prison and those kids arent irish citizens

Their father is a rapist which is hard enough but, yeah, let's punish them further. How do you know that they aren't citizens?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

What the fcuk is wrong with people.
    Beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Doubt a lot of them are even using their real names

They’re on the run from something alright ..

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

This animal has worked in healthcare for 15 years. You'd have to wonder if it was the first act of this nature he has committed, or just the first time he was caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Please God this sick f**k will be deported back to whatever African country he is from upon release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Weird how RTE seem to be the only ones mentioning the rapist's name. Wonder will they remove it from the article?

This predatory animal has been named in the BBC article also. I’m actually surprised there is a BBC article at all given the non-Irish ethnicity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Irishman80

What will he serve? 5-8 years?

For raping a vulnerable, helpless 73-year old woman in a nursing home who he was in a position of care over.

OP, I think you just might be a modern day "liberal" if you think that's a harsh sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Heckler

I have a 79 year old mother who is thankfully compos mentis and as healthy as a person of that age can be. The thought that someone could do the likes of that to someone like my mother but even more vulnerable is incomprehensible. The devastation on that poor woman is incalculable. 11 years is too little. The planet would be the better for his departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

In fairness, this has to be a sentence on the higher end of the scale. Thank you Judge.

There are many incidences of sexual assault, rape, and trauma for others where a suspended sentence is passed because of the age or whatever of the perpetrator.

Seems to me that male perpetrators are just absolved in the main. Looking at recent sentencing for these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

disgusting we need to seriously vet people entering our country to live among our people. No one pays for care ( & its not cheap ) for their elderly parent to be exposed to a migrant pervert. I cannot describe how awful i feel hearing about this incident. MSM seem to be ignoring it and not mentioning the fact that its a non national who did this.
    Disgusting treacherous government & various NGO's vouching for these invaders.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,091 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Such a huge breach of trust. It had implications well across the residential care system

In fairness, this has to be a sentence on the higher end of the scale. Thank you Judge.

There are many incidences of sexual assault, rape, and trauma for others where a suspended sentence is passed because of the age or whatever of the perpetrator.

Seems to me that male perpetrators are just absolved in the main. Looking at recent sentencing for these people.

The higher end of the scale in Ireland is life imprisonment. This scumbag will likely be out in 5 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

He can't - he pleasded guilty.

His appeal will be against the sentence - not the verdict!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

I visit care homes as a volunteer and the residents are as vulnerable as new born babies this is unfathomable the care home should also be held accountable for not vetting a sex offender.
    I hope the family sue the carhome out of business thats the real problem care for profit ( no real care involved !!) Cut corners employ cheap immigrant perverts all for the profit . The carehome industry should be banned in ireland & people should be paid to look after their own people like we always did.

Major claim incoming against the Nursing Home now. And rightly so. For once in my life I can agree with a claim for damages, well that's if the family take a case.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭ClydeTallyBump

I was very surprised that he got 11 years. It is rare to see a convicted rapist get a sentence in this country in double figures. I applaud the judge even though I feel the sentence should be higher.

Hopefully stricter and tougher sentencing for rapists will become more common. Our justice system needs to less lenient regarding sex crimes.

I don't think the man's race should have much to do with the discussion. There are plenty of rapists in Ireland, both Irish born and non Irish born. We need to be discussing and educating everyone about rape and consent and making it very clear that rape will not be tolerated in our society.

I was also surprised to see that this case was dated April 2020. I had to stop and read it again.

• Advertisement

Irishman80 wrote: »
    The higher end of the scale in Ireland is life imprisonment. This scumbag will likely be out in 5 years.

Thanks, but that was not my point at all. Just look at the suspended sentences for sexual assault lately. Seems to me that some judges just don't think of the victims anymore now. That is traumatic for them, and the perpetrator walks off.

Thanks, but that was not my point at all. Just look at the suspended sentences for sexual assault lately. Seems to me that some judges just don't think of the victims anymore now. That is traumatic for them, and the perpetrator walks off.

We are talking about rape here. The average sentence for rape in this country is 10 years and rapists serve between 5-8 years of those sentences. There's nothing severe or harsh about an 11 year sentence for rape in this country.

The piece of s--t in this case should have received the 10 year maximum sentence for the sexual assault of a mentally impaired person BEFORE a rape charge was considered by the judge. Then, add a consecutive sentence of a minimum 15 years for the rape. And prepare an immediate deportation order for when the sentence is complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

11 is mild - should have gotten longer.

And after that sentence is done drop him home to his own country from 30 thousand feet minus a parachute.

Irishman80 wrote: »
    We are talking about rape here. The average sentence for rape in this country is 10 years and rapists serve between 5-8 years of those sentences. There's nothing severe or harsh about an 11 year sentence for rape in this country.

The piece of s--t in this case should have received the 10 year maximum sentence for the sexual assault of a mentally impaired person BEFORE a rape charge was considered by the judge. Then, add a consecutive sentence of a minimum 15 years for the rape. And prepare an immediate deportation order for when the sentence is complete.

I agree, but many children have been sexually assaulted and from what I read recently there are plenty of suspended sentences, or two or three years in those cases.

The victims must be absolutely traumatised. Not only do they have to take their case to court, but they have to go home after the sentence knowing their abuser is scot free for the most part really.

Doesn't sit right with me anyway, and I reckon with most of us. Awful stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

we really need to stop all this welcoming of migrants our government is flooding the place under the pretence of needing them in the work place if this is what they do in the workplace what do they do out side it? not to mention all the unemployed perverts who have come in here.

The irish people need to call them up on this and close our borders and do proper checking and vetting of the savages that are flying in her to plunder our welfare system i am sick of it and this case has turned my stomach.

Its the welfare system and many lazy Irish as well ,,I work in Nursing homes and hospitals and many foreigners are decent hard working ppl so calm the **** down please ..whats important to understand is we are not welcoming them they are coming welcome or not this is European freedom of movement in full swing sure be grand as long as the govt fill bank accounts with money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Outrageous.

An elderly Irish woman, mentally impaired, having been born during the aftermath of world war 2, gets raped by some blow-in from a foreign country, while under the supposed care of a safe institution in which many of the staff are no doubt alien to her, during a fooking global pandemic caused by another country, so even more isolated and alone than ever.

Sounds like a living nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

The one saving grace is it wasnt judge martin nolan, the chap probably would have got a medal and a parade rather than 11 years

• Registered Users Posts: 85,507 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If I had a family member in that home I’d be very concerned about what could have being going on with that guy there.

Yes has he done it to others there?

What a sick ba$tard, castration and to live in a pit for life

We need better stricter vetting coming into Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 16,599 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I think people are too focused on the nationality of the rapist.

Abuse is unfortunately not uncommon in care homes. There was a Prime Time Investigates special where both Irish care home and childcare workers were found to be abusing those in their care. Look at Jimmy Saville in the UK.

A radical overhaul is needed of these settings. They're now an industry in and of themselves and the bottom line is always to squeeze out as much profit as possible.

I have enormous sympathy for the lady and her family, I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel if that was my mother, nevermind me. It's upsetting to even think about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I think people are too focused on the nationality of the rapist.

Abuse is unfortunately not uncommon in care homes. There was a Prime Time Investigates special where both Irish care home and childcare workers were found to be abusing those in their care. Look at Jimmy Saville in the UK.

A radical overhaul is needed of these settings. They're now an industry in and of themselves and the bottom line is always to squeeze out as much profit as possible.

I have enormous sympathy for the lady and her family, I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel if that was my mother, nevermind me. It's upsetting to even think about it.

Nobody in this thread is blaming this sickos nationality, but most, realising he is not an irish citizen is asking for this degenerate criminal to be deported to his home country so we are not burdened by the presence or expense of dealing with this animal which is very fair

Advertisement