Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J. K. Rowling is cancelled because she is a T.E.R.F [ADMIN WARNING IN POST #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Is there an archived copy or screenshots of the full article floating around anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Tired Gardener

RWCNT wrote: »
    Is there an archived copy or screenshots of the full article floating around anywhere?

I think I saw a screenshot of it on this thread, however given the sheer number of comments it might take a while to locate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

keano_afc wrote: »
    This is such a bad take its almost tragic.

https://mobile.twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1285284909821702146

When you are so 'woke' you end up being both racist and sexist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

https://mobile.twitter.com/shahmiruk/status/1285284909821702146

When you are so 'woke' you end up being both racist and sexist.

There is just so much wrong with that tweet. I don’t actually know where to start. :eek:

• Advertisement

There is just so much wrong with that tweet. I don’t actually know where to start. :eek:

It really is a contender for worst Tweet of 2020, that it doesn't come from Donald Trump is quite surprising.

Apparently the person who tweeted it was part of the Vote Leave campaign in the UK during Brexit. So, shouldn't be surprised that they are sexist and racist.

It really is a contender for worst Tweet of 2020, that it doesn't come from Donald Trump is quite surprising.

Apparently the person who tweeted it was part of the Vote Leave campaign in the UK during Brexit. So, shouldn't be surprised that they are sexist and racist.

I’m mainly confused at how he can call anyone else racist when he is being balls-out racist himself in that tweet. Just... what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

He ended up whistle blowing on the leave campaign for which he gained respect.
    Then he became an insufferable ar*se - must have delved deep into the cult of intersectionalism where everything is boxed and problematised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/1286390878546694149?s=19

In that previous racist tweet there was mention of stereotypes and yet huge stereotypes are promoted in this transchild storyline. Bailey does not want a blue hospital gown. Bailey has a wardrobe full of pink puffy glittery things. Etc.

By the way, one of the writers for Netflix on these storylines is Rose Dommu. I will see if I can find a link to their violent misogynism on twitter.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/MsHelenWatts/status/1287390723608850438?s=19

https://twitter.com/nesbitt_jill/status/1287463312238825477?s=19

Look at what is happening to girls between 11 and 15 or 16. UK and Ireland. . Peak referral rate around age 13, 6 times more girls than boys. 6 times! Ffs the people on here who support this sh1t should take a good hard look at themselves
    These are the same 13 year old girls who used to or still do cut, have bulimia, anorexia, social anxiety, reject their changing bodies because the drastic changes during teenage years are traumatic on a good day for most of us, reject their bodies because of increased sexual attention, are sometimes lesbians confused by trans ideology etc. And then they take T. The holy grail that stops their periods, shrivels their reproductice organs. Even a short while on T causes irreversible changes. Changes that cannot be undone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,479 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Gruffalox wrote: »

In that previous racist tweet there was mention of stereotypes and yet huge stereotypes are promoted in this transchild storyline. Bailey does not want a blue hospital gown. Bailey has a wardrobe full of pink puffy glittery things. Etc.

By the way, one of the writers for Netflix on these storylines is Rose Dommu. I will see if I can find a link to their violent misogynism on twitter.
    Never came across this before and see it's PG.

Indoctrination of our kids before they even know who they are.

I’m very amused by the hospital depiction in that clip. :)

The scene is SO cheesy. Very Afterschool Special.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

https://twitter.com/nesbitt_jill/status/1287463312238825477?s=19

Look at what is happening to girls between 11 and 15 or 16. UK and Ireland. . Peak referral rate around age 13, 6 times more girls than boys. 6 times! Ffs the people on here who support this sh1t should take a good hard look at themselves.

Do you really think you're going to get someone to "debate" that here? Truthbomb posts like yours make them scatter like sunlight into a nest of vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

What a load of ****e. Of course, girls never wear blue do they? Not unless they want to be a boy, and its clearly a human rights abuse to offer blue hospital scrubs. Only pink sparkly ones for 'real' girls.ffs. I mean its actually offensive that these outdated and offensive stereotypes are being peddled to kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

The disappearance of the 'you're a transphobe/anti-trans' brigade from this thread recently is quite telling.

The disappearance of the 'you're a transphobe/anti-trans' brigade from this thread recently is quite telling.

Well, there’s only so many times you can say it, I guess.

Sadly it just makes this a bit of an echo chamber now.

One thing that I keep mulling over is the comparison with gay rights. Something about that has never sat well with me. LGB rights are about people's sexual orientation being accepted, not being discriminated against because of said sexual orientation, and being afforded the same rights as Heterosexual people. As far as I can tell the Gay rights movement never involved demands to access another class of person in law, and change the meaning of that class. No civil rights movement in human history has made this kind of demands. It is unheard of, and creates a lot of issues, especially given that they are demanding access to the class of women, who are a vulnerable class which has protected status under law.

Yet, we are told to accept that it comparable. I have tried to fathom out how it is, and I just can't work it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

272 pages....probably just realized they were talking to the wall before the other side did. ;)

• Advertisement

272 pages....probably just realized they were talking to the wall before the other side did. ;)

Imagine not winning people over by slurring them? I. Am. Amazed. That. Didn't. Work.
    Sadly it just makes this a bit of an echo chamber now.

One thing that I keep mulling over is the comparison with gay rights. Something about that has never sat well with me. LGB rights are about people's sexual orientation being accepted, not being discriminated against because of said sexual orientation, and being afforded the same rights as Heterosexual people. As far as I can tell the Gay rights movement never involved demands to access another class of person in law, and change the meaning of that class. No civil rights movement in human history has made this kind of demands. It is unheard of, and creates a lot of issues, especially given that they are demanding access to the class of women, who are a vulnerable class which has protected status under law.

Yet, we are told to accept that it comparable. I have tried to fathom out how it is, and I just can't work it out.

Also, gay children are not required to do anything or change anything about themselves. I think now that we know there is a dearth of research into the effects of puberty blockers, nobody can truthfully say that no children who are confused about their gender are harmed by medical interventions as people used to claim. Surgery on minors is incredibly rare, true. Cross sex hormones seem to be given only in the late teen years. But puberty blockers by their nature must be given to young teenagers and preteens and we simply do not know what the effects are of that. And there's no ethical way to conduct trials to figure that out.

The child actor in the Netflix show I linked earlier is called Kai.
    This tweet links to a clip of his mother.
    https://twitter.com/LilyLilyMaynard/status/1288085605377867777?s=19

The people who usually call posters terfs, terfy, transphobes, irrelevant, old etc etc were the same ones saying Desmond Napoles is just living his best life shimmying sexily for the adults in a night club and Glitter Hole are a great bunch of lads who love to be librarians. I don't miss them. It is useful to inform any readers of the reality of this madness (eg little Kai above, whose stunning and brave Mom wanted to pray the gay away), and I am quite happy not to be called names while doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

So that person in the above video is clearly a giant homophobe, but that child was showing classic symptoms of gender dysphoria. From a very young age, basically old enough to talk and recognise the differences between boys and girls, telling everyone they were a girl.

That's what decades of study into gender dysphoria has shown, that it is predominantly in boys, and is persistent from a very young age, and not just something that develops in teenage years or adulthood.

So that person in the above video is clearly a giant homophobe, but that child was showing classic symptoms of gender dysphoria. From a very young age, basically old enough to talk and recognise the differences between boys and girls, telling everyone they were a girl.

That's what decades of study into gender dysphoria has shown, that it is predominantly in boys, and is persistent from a very young age, and not just something that develops in teenage years or adulthood.

So if you are correct how come 6 times as many girls as boys are being set on course for affirmation treatment at 13 years old? And why is a little boy not just let be as feminine and girly as he wants to be without having to absorb the absolutely mind fcuking, existentially corrupting idea that he might have been born in the wrong body? One of my lads wore either trousers or dresses depending on mood for many years and no one said a single damn word to him because kids are kids and they are living in their own dream world and adults have not the right to fcuk them up with their incredibly square gender perceptions. And if a boy is completely feminine can he not just be that and grow on up to be a feminine man and still have a healthy body and a happily functioning c0ck and not be completely ruined by chemicals and drastic surgery? Likewise a girl.

That mother in the video did not want a gay boy. Like really really badly did not want it . I don't know how any child growing up in her care could not be harmed by her savage personality.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The increase in adolescent girls transitioning is really frightening. If this is caused by factors other then genuine gender dysphoria then this needs to be discussed and addressed by medical professionals.

Teenage girls shouldn't be self diagnosing. This doesn't invalidate trans people or mean that nobody should transition. I don't think you can fully understand the implications at that age.

If you have felt that way since a child it's different then realising at puberty when you hate your body that this could be a just gay or a tomboy.

Jesus I spent my teenage years in black and baggy t shirts, hated "girl things". Doesn't mean I am any less female.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

The increase in adolescent girls transitioning is really frightening.

Indeed it is. Research from Jonathan Haidt suggests that girls especially have been experiencing a far harder time of it in the age of social media.

Levels of self-harm, suicide and depression are all rising sharply.
    There was a big difference between girls that had experienced the world outside of social media, e.g. college students until recently were virtually immune.

What is social media laced with now? LGBT activism especially the T.

https://twitter.com/JonHaidt/status/1083018993991077888

https://youtu.be/M7KBZeRC1RI

So the speaker is under the impression that a one year old is capable of understanding the rigid and out dated western cultural stereotypes of gender when applied to articles of clothing... but is unable to form a full sentence.

Yeah, this is starting to come across as a cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

https://youtu.be/M7KBZeRC1RI

So the speaker is under the impression that a one year old is capable of understanding the rigid and out dated western cultural stereotypes of gender when applied to articles of clothing... but is unable to form a full sentence.

Yeah, this is starting to come across as a cult.

I have never heard such bull**** in all my life. A one year old can't talk or know that they are human and not a cat yet they know they are in the wrong body.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

And any study into long term outcomes (when such things were allowed) showed that 60-90% of gender dysphoric children did not identify as transgender as adults, the majority of them were gay and "cis". Most kids, if left to their own devices will grow out of it. If they are led down a path of social transition and hormone blockers, its much harder to do that. Even harder if they are fed homophobic messages by their parents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

A billboard in Waverley station in Edinburgh displaying the message "I ♥ JK Rowling" has been taken down after complaints.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/jk-rowling-edinburgh-rail-station-advert-in-support-of-author-removed-m9ptsc872

The billboard had been erected by feminist commentator Posie Parker to celebrate Rowlings birthday this week.

Network Rail said it was removed after complaints and that they couldnt be seen to be taking sides in political matters. They also said the words were "likely to cause offence".

Network Rail currently have Pride colours in their Twitter profile pic. Of course.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement