Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

you are wasting your time arguing with people who support Trumps fascist troops. they delight in seeing people getting badly hurt.

Also reads as met with logic? Throw an insult grenade and run away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

This is funny.

When Wokes and Racists Actually Agree on Everything.

https://twitter.com/ryanlongcomedy/status/1285208497517473793

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

nullzero wrote: »
    Charged with felony assault and bail set at 250k

Makes a mockery of the notion that it was a cut and dry act of self defence.

We all knew that, the people saying it was knew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

I haven't fact checked you?

You compared a massacre of 14 people carried out by the British military to a skirmish between police and some middle class eejits in an American city where nobody died.

Stating that a parent should avoid such a situation is not victim blaming. Again you're banging this drum, tell a lie big enough and repeat the lie and people will come to believe it eh Goebbels?

Please cite an example of me "celebrating" anything yet alone the use of excessive force by authorities.
    Questioning the logic of attending a protest when it is known that it will turn violent is not the same as celebrating the actions of the authorities present at the protest.
    You are putting words in my mouth, how dare you say that.

I got you confused with several other posters that have been celebrating excessive police force, you instead have just been a continued apologist of their actions. I'm not sure being an apologist is too much better.

The point you've 'fact checked' me on has nothing to do with how you've been victim blaming attendees. How does deaths or live rounds make one bit of difference to whether a person should have been at the protests? If that woman was shot in the head with live ammo or died from being hit with the rubber bullet make her attendance ok?

Again, you've failed to provide any evidence that counters the facts I listed to why people that protested on Bloody Sunday would have expected it would also 'turn violent'. It would be disgusting to say that those victims should have 'avoided the situation' and then wouldn't have been killed by excessive force, just like it is to say similar about any other protesters that see excessive force against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,101 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

You have used a building being set on fire and peaceful in the same sentence

You are aware that in a group of 2000 people, a few can do bad things while the rest are innocent? Doesn't mean cops or anyone else should be taking head shots at protesters no where near the fire.

You same argument of 'guilty by association' was made many times in the north to excuse police/army beating/shooting/gassing innocent catholic protesters because a few within the large protest group threw stones at armoured police vans. At least in the north police/army generally used rubber bullets the correct way (into the ground) rather than playing a game of who can get the most head shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82,014 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do you realise how this presents a problem for the peaceful protestors? They are standing with the non peaceful protestors, so they are in harms way.

Guilt by association is it?

The building burned peacefully to the ground, several emergency services personnel were peacefully injured.

The courthouse is still there and aside from some trash burned in front of one of the doors I’m not sure what building burned to the ground which you refer to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I got you confused with several other posters that have been celebrating excessive police force, you instead have just been a continued apologist of their actions. I'm not sure being an apologist is too much better.

The point you've 'fact checked' me on has nothing to do with how you've been victim blaming attendees.How does deaths or live rounds make one bit of difference to whether a person should have been at the protests? If that woman was shot in the head with live ammo or died from being hit with the rubber bullet make her attendance ok?

Again, you've failed to provide any evidence that counters the facts I listed to why people that protested on Bloody Sunday would have expected it would also 'turn violent'. It would be disgusting to say that those victims should have 'avoided the situation' and then wouldn't have been killed by excessive force, just like it is to say similar about any other protesters that see excessive force against them.

There is a huge difference between Bloody Sunday and the protests in Portland.

I have "failed to provide any evidence"? For what exactly? You haven't listed any facts, you posted your opinion. There is a distinct difference between soldiers carrying weapons loaded with live rounds and police carrying non lethal weapons.

Trying to conflate the Portland protests with Bloody Sunday is reaching, and to be quite honest some of the content of the above post (one particularly sickening out take is; "How does deaths or live rounds make one bit of difference to whether a person should have been at the protests?").

You are at once attempting to suggest that I would have been cheering on British forces whilst they carried out the atrocity that was Bloody Sunday whilst at the same time stating that the deaths on that day are in some way inconsequential when weighed against the great suffering of white guilt riddled middle class white people being hit with non lethal rounds in a much more inconsequential protest in Portland.

You have consistently failed to put forward a cohesive argument. You have insulted the people who died on Bloody Sunday to make a point, you consistently use preposterous terms like "apologist" and "victim blaming" and have no evidence to back any of it up.

Overheal wrote: »
    The courthouse is still there and aside from some trash burned in front of one of the doors I’m not sure what building burned to the ground which you refer to.

I wasn't talking about the Portland courthouse, it was a tongue in cheek post referencing nothing in particular.

Guilt by association is it?

Never said that.
    But standing in close proximity to somebody throwing missiles may lead to being tear gassed or hit with rubber bullets.

• Advertisement

Nobody was "kidnapped".

How are they fascists?

Prove it with facts.

Taken without arrest yes that’s kidnapping.

Inspector general investigation is still underway for that.

You provided a link to a president being diplomatic.

Plenty of American presidents have said nice things about bad people over the years.

He wasn’t the president when he said it. Cop on.

Taken without arrest yes that’s kidnapping.

Inspector general investigation is still underway for that.

The Patriot Act probably has a special loophole just for this purpose. It's no coincidence that Antifa were declared a terrorist organisation recently.

He wasn’t the president when he said it. Cop on.

When he said what exactly?
    The link in question had 9 different quotes.

Also I don't appreciate your tone re telling me to "cop on". Not very civil.

Charged with felony assault and bail set at 250k

Makes a mockery of the notion that it was a cut and dry act of self defence.

Not really.

As we already cleared up, Oregon does not protect concealed carry of knives, so he was statutorily one the wrong from the start. Had this happened exactly as is somewhere else like South Carolina he’d be facing no charges.

Fascinating though that you still find that stab in self defense unreasonable and mental get think brutalizing peaceful protesters for associating near non peaceful ones is totally reasonable.

Not really.

As we already cleared up, Oregon does not protect concealed carry of knives, so he was statutorily one the wrong from the start. Had this happened exactly as is somewhere else like South Carolina he’d be facing no charges.

It didn't happen in South Carolina though.

The Patriot Act probably has a special loophole just for this purpose. It's no coincidence that Antifa were declared a terrorist organisation recently.

You’re talking out of your hole. Nobody has been declared an enemy combatant, and this is not terrorism against the United States. You are digging for excuses you can’t back up to defend an untenable position.

Never said that.
    But standing in close proximity to somebody throwing missiles may lead to being tear gassed or hit with rubber bullets.

So you’re happy with guilt by association and find it more reasonable than stabbing someone in self defense for assaulting you. Grand. I see your logic now.

When he said what exactly?
    The link in question had 9 different quotes.

Also I don't appreciate your tone re telling me to "cop on". Not very civil.

I don’t appreciate where you attacked my mental faculties the other day either so what high horse of civility do you suppose you are riding there

It didn't happen in South Carolina though.

Copping out of this I see.

• Advertisement

So you’re happy with guilt by association and find it more reasonable than stabbing someone in self defense for assaulting you. Grand. I see your logic now.

I never mentioned guilt by association, I'd ask you to stop putting words in my mouth thank you.

Copping out of this I see.

How exactly?

The person was charged with a crime as I had said they should be.

You keep raising the spectre of South Carolina. It isn't relevant. If it had happend in Saudi Arabia he may have been executed. None of that is relevant.

I never mentioned guilt by association, I'd ask you to stop putting words in my mouth thank you.

You don’t have to mention the words we know what you mean when you find it reasonable to be sent to hospital for reconstructive head and brain surgery for being near people shining lasers.

How exactly?

The person was charged with a crime as I had said they should be.

You keep raising the spectre of South Carolina. It isn't relevant. If it had happend in Saudi Arabia he may have been executed. None of that is relevant.

Because you aren’t interested in the statutes you’ve flatly said in as many posts that you never think a knife is a reasonable self defense option.

As we briefed earlier had he used a gun and held a permit this would be a walk for him.

You don’t have to mention the words we know what you mean when you find it reasonable to be send to hospital for reconstructive head as brain surgery for being near people shining lasers.

Hang on a minute. I think you need to cool off and catch your breath here.

I never condoned what happened to that woman with reference to the rubber bullet in the face. I'm as horrified by it as anybody by it, my argument was that she wouldn't have been in a position for that to happen had she not been there.

Hang on a minute. I think you need to cool off and catch your breath here.

Cop on.
    I never condoned what happened to that woman with reference to the rubber bullet in the face. I'm as horrified by it as anybody by it, my argument was that she wouldn't have been in a position for that to happen had she not been there.

Yeah victim blaming. Ah it was horrible what happened to the rape victim but did you see what she was wearing and walking the streets did she really expect to be allowed to enjoy society in peace jesus etc.

Because you aren’t interested in the statutes you’ve flatly said in as many posts that you never think a knife is a reasonable self defense option.

As we briefed earlier had he used a gun and held a permit this would be a walk for him.

I don't think a knife is a good choice for self defense.

I'm also discussing the facts at hand. If that doesn't suit you I'm sorry.

Cop on.

Yeah victim blaming. Ah it was horrible what happened to the rape victim but did you see what she was wearing and walking the streets did she really expect to be allowed to enjoy society in peace jesus etc.

Overheal, calm the hell down please.

How dare you make a statement like that regarding rape victims? I take offence to that. That is completely out of line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The protected one is amongst us. Thread carefully

• Advertisement

I don’t appreciate where you attacked my mental faculties the other day either so what high horse of civility do you suppose you are riding there

I stated that I find it worrying that you think stabbing somebody is a reasonable form of self defence.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement