Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,505 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

RWCNT wrote: »
    I was very clear, I'm not convinced he's a fascist but I acknowledge he has fascistic tendencies. Simple enough for you?

This all stems from somebody citing "Trumps fascist groups".
    Can we agree that there are no presidentially sanctioned fascist groups operating in the United States of America?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,285 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nullzero wrote: »
    This all stems from somebody citing "Trumps fascist groups".
    Can we agree that there are no presidentially sanctioned fascist groups operating in the United States of America?

it all stems from your poor reading comprehension. you cant even quote was i said properly.

He's got fascistic tendencies, realistically the closest politician to him is Berlusconi. But he has consistently declared admiration for leaders that have dictatorial powers. Erdogan, Putin, Duterte to name a few. On top of that he infamously praised the Chinese handling of Tiananmen square and has previously quoted Mussolini. Constitutionally, he simply can't exert that level of power but he clearly has a bit of a fantasy about it.

So he'd like to be a fascist but he can't be one?
    If he had anything like the "fascist tendencies" you're describing he would have taken total control of America after he was elected.

Trump is a clown, not a fascist.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It's easy to be a communist in a free country.
    But try to be free in a communist country...

it all stems from your poor reading comprehension. you cant even quote was i said properly.

I apologise, I stated that you said fascist "groups" when you said "troops". (previous posts edited to correct this error).

So, what are these "fascist troops" then?

The issue if the "fascist" element here.

Prove to me that there are "fascist troops" operating under instruction from Trump....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

No strong feelings on Newsweek since multiple publications reported the story. A building being set on fire does not give carte blanche to attack protesters who are acting peacefully.

Usually I'd think you're taking the p*ss but I know you are dead serious and that you genuinely believe this. That post has to the dumbest Iv ever read on here.

If he had anything like the "fascist tendencies" you're describing he would have taken total control of America after he was elected.

Trump is a clown, not a fascist.

Constitutionally he can't, he's also not very intelligent thankfully. Eg the Enabling act was required before Hitler had dictatorial powers. A desire for such power doesn't mean a person can get it.

I apologise, I stated that you said fascist "groups" when you said "troops". (previous posts edited to correct this error).

So, what are these "fascist troops" then?

The issue if the "fascist" element here.

Prove to me that there are "fascist troops" operating under instruction from Trump....

these would be the ones with no identification kidnapping people off the streets and not giving them due process.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Yeah these are just fireworks they are throwing at the military .... If I was military Id take out the lads with the grade lazers and those projecting the "fireworks" which seem to be coming form the rear of the crowd. Its gone far beyond a protest.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1288014201240162304

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

He wouldn't be able to - the way American government is set up would make a fascist takeover practically impossible.

No matter who is elected, they can't control all three branches of government at every level, they can't control the judiciary, they can't control institutions like The Federal Reserve. Think of how difficult it is for a president to achieve their aims with the senate against them as a starting point.

• Advertisement

Usually I'd think you're taking the p*ss but I know you are dead serious and that you genuinely believe this. That post has to the dumbest Iv ever read on here.

So shooting at people not breaking the law is fair game?

these would be the ones with no identification kidnapping people off the streets and not giving them due process.

Nobody was "kidnapped".

How are they fascists?

Prove it with facts.

RWCNT wrote: »
    He wouldn't be able to - the way American government is set up would make a fascist takeover practically impossible.

No matter who is elected, they can't control all three branches of government at every level, they can't control the judiciary, they can't control institutions like The Federal Reserve. Think of how difficult it is for a president to achieve their aims with the senate against them as a starting point.

Precisely why claims of "fascist troops" on the streets are complete nonsense.

Constitutionally he can't, he's also not very intelligent thankfully. Eg the Enabling act was required before Hitler had dictatorial powers. A desire for such power doesn't mean a person can get it.

So you are simply making the assumption that Trump aspires to be a dictator?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Cool, can you refer me to what this woman was doing?
    https://www.newsweek.com/portland-mom-shot-face-protest-1520620

Sounds like she was hit by something fired from one of the rioters. No one can say though.

Stop attacking the Courthouse and the feds leave.

Danzy wrote: »

Seems simple enough when you think about it.

So you are simply making the assumption that Trump aspires to be a dictator?

He's constantly declared admiration for them and viewed Tiananmen Square as a great display of force. So it's a reasonable assumption.
    Danzy wrote: »
    Sounds like she was hit by something fired from one of the rioters. No one can say though.

And the guy with boombox was also hit by a protester? Sure...

Nobody was "kidnapped".

How are they fascists?

Prove it with facts.

I'm sure you would have no issue if armed men who refused to identify themselves bundled you into a van.

I'm sure you would have no issue if armed men who refused to identify themselves bundled you into a van.

Care to answer the question?

How are these people Fascists?

You claimed they were Fascists, now prove it.

Care to answer the question?

How are these people Fascists?

You claimed they were Fascists, now prove it.

what is the point? you would just ignore anything i posted.

• Advertisement

He's constantly declared admiration for them and viewed Tiananmen Square as a great display of force. So it's a reasonable assumption.

Tiananmen Square happened in communist China.

Your assumptions aren't reasonable, because you haven't employed reason before you expressed them.

what is the point? you would just ignore anything i posted.

What is the point?

You made a statement that Trump had fascist troops on the ground in America.

When I questioned you in this you started making jibes about reading comprehension because I used the term "groups" instead of "troops".

You literally have nothing to you can post that proves that Trump is using these so called Fascist Troops in America and you know it.

Tiananmen Square happened in communist China.

Your assumptions aren't reasonable, because you haven't employed reason before you expressed them.

I'm aware that China is communist... But Trump leans heavily to the right and praises leaders who suppress their opposition, that's the key point he focuses on. He enjoys military displays of force and has ran on a campaign of extreme nationalism. On top of that, the only leaders he really admires are dictators. So fascistic tendencies is a reasonable description. Anyway, not discussing this further as you don't really seem to want a discussion.

What is the point?

You made a statement that Trump had fascist troops on the ground in America.

When I questioned you in this you started making jibes about reading comprehension because I used the term "groups" instead of "troops".

i questioned your reading comprehension before that and with good reason. you read what you want to read. anything that is in line with beliefs is absorbed, everything else is ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

I'm aware that China is communist... But Trump leans heavily to the right and praises leaders who suppress their opposition, that's the key point he focuses on. He enjoys military displays of force and has ran on a campaign of extreme nationalism. On top of that, the only leaders he really admires are dictators. So fascistic tendencies is a reasonable description. Anyway, not discussing this further as you don't really seem to want a discussion.

Care to back any of that nonsense up?

Tasfasdf wrote: »

trump loves dictators

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2018/03/trump-xi-jinping-dictators/554810/

Tasfasdf wrote: »

His view of Tiananmen Square for its display of military force. In terms of dictators, declared admiration for Duterte, Putin and Erdogan. In terms of Nationalism, he's run on a campaign of keep foreigners out and Make America Great Again.

Where he stands on the political spectrum.
    https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2020

"When the students poured into Tiananmen Square, the Chinese government almost blew it. Then they were vicious, they were horrible, but they put it down with strength," Trump replied. "That shows you the power of strength. Our country is right now perceived as weak...as being spit on by the rest of the world."

i questioned your reading comprehension before that and with good reason. you read what you want to read. anything that is in line with beliefs is absorbed, everything else is ignored.

Sorry, you're not taking the moral high ground here pal.

I read that you stated there are "fascist troops" on the streets of America under orders from Donald Trump. I falsely quoted you as saying "fascist groups", I did not misinterpret the content of your post beyond using one incorrect noun when replying to your post.

You have literally offered no evidence to support this statement and now you're talking about "beliefs" influencing what is "absorbed" or "ignored".

So again, please prove there are Fascist Troops operating in America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

• Advertisement

Sorry, you're not taking the moral high ground here pal.

I read that you stated there are "fascist troops" on the streets of America under orders from Donald Trump. I falsely quoted you as saying "fascist groups", I did not misinterpret the content of your post beyond using one incorrect noun when replying to your post.

You have literally offered no evidence to support this statement and now you're talking about "beliefs" influencing what is "absorbed" or "ignored".

So again, please prove there are Fascist Troops operating in America.

no, no, no. again you didnt read the post you responded to so i wont be bothering you further.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement