Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread XI (The Finals Countdown)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

PMC83 wrote: »

Wonder if he's heading back to France, would hope for his sake that it's not a case that Dragons have pulled the plug due to funding etc.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Wonder if he's heading back to France, would hope for his sake that it's not a case that Dragons have pulled the plug due to funding etc.

Doubt it's funding given that it looks like they are signing Jamie Roberts instead.

I'd say more that they saw an opportunity to get Roberts who might attract a few more punters to games and also freeing up an overseas slot for another position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I seen this on another website, even the Dragons fans laughing that he arrived in Newport, said feck this and headed off :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I follow him on Instagram (btw he's one of the most gracious and appreciative rugby players out there). He hasn't left Dublin yet. It seems the WRU tightened the reigns on signings. The only reason they'll get Roberts is because he's Welsh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Scottmactom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

With the interpros,playoffs And final set for 4 consecutive weekends followed I think by the Saracens game it’s possible I think depending on the other finalist that Leinster could be in the Aviva 5 weeks in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

salmocab wrote: »
    With the interpros,playoffs And final set for 4 consecutive weekends followed I think by the Saracens game it’s possible I think depending on the other finalist that Leinster could be in the Aviva 5 weeks in a row.

How many will be "home" games though? :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Could even be six, if we beat Saracens we would have a home semi in Europe too.

James Ryan turns 24 today, he's made 294 carries and 301 tackles in the Champions Cup since his European debut, only one other player has made 200+ carries and 200+ tackles in the tournament in that period.

James Lowe has 2 days left of his self isolation according to his instagram. He must have arrived back in Ireland 10 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

James Lowe has 2 days left of his self isolation according to his instagram. He must have arrived back in Ireland 10 days ago.

12?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

Yes

Why would he have to isolate for 2 days less than everyone else? :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Why would he have to isolate for 2 days less than everyone else? :pac:

Because he's James Lowe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,526 ✭✭✭arsebiscuits1

dregin wrote: »
    Because he's James Lowe.

Quarantines much better than your average mortal

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

James Ryan turns 24 today, he's made 294 carries and 301 tackles in the Champions Cup since his European debut, only one other player has made 200+ carries and 200+ tackles in the tournament in that period.

Serious work rate. (The other player being CJ Stander, for anyone interested).

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭OneLungDavy

aloooof wrote: »
    Serious work rate. (The other player being CJ Stander, for anyone interested).

That doesn't surprise me, they're two machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,188 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That doesn't surprise me, they're two machines.

Incredible how far Stander has come. His fitness wasn't up to interpro standard when he arrived. Now he's one of the hardest working guys in world rugby.

Hopefully Ryans supposed shoulder injury isn't true.. would be a big blow to our chances

Hopefully Ryans supposed shoulder injury isn't true.. would be a big blow to our chances

I've heard nothing about this? John Ryan (Munster) has a shoulder injury currently?

• Advertisement

I've heard nothing about this? John Ryan (Munster) has a shoulder injury currently?

rumour going around that JR will be out for 2-3 months after picking up a shoulder injury and having to get surgery. How true it is.. I dunno.

He doesn't look like someone who just had shoulder surgery going by his instagram.

Probably one of the most important pre seasons in recent history this year and that goes for all clubs. Getting the conditioning right coming into the early block of matches will be key, especially keeping people fit after months of no contact.

I do wonder if we'll see a very uneven season over all. Some teams will have used the lockdown period well but I think many may struggle to get players back up to the requisite fitness.

I wonder will Leinster get back to where they were before the pause. I've never seen the Leinster squad as a whole playing at such a high skill and intensity level, it was amazing to watch and I was increasingly thinking the double was on the cards again.

Not sure if I'll head back to the RDS anytime soon and I honestly think we'll spend much of Winter back in phase 1 or 2 but it will be great to even get a few months of rugby in if possible.

rumour going around that JR will be out for 2-3 months after picking up a shoulder injury and having to get surgery. How true it is.. I dunno.

He doesn't look like someone who just had shoulder surgery going by his instagram.

That would be a blow but we've cover and it would get Baird more game time. Glad we were able to hold onto Fardy if Ryan is out.

yu622k7zu2d51.jpg

Wonder if there will be an injury update today...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

yu622k7zu2d51.jpg

The ref looks like Keith Earls.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    The ref looks like Keith Earls.

The ref has perfected his 'ref in photo' face. Young Dev looks a bit like a young De V..!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,296 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

yu622k7zu2d51.jpg

Which one is Dev?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Which one is Dev?

He's the one standing behind Neville Longbottom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Richie_Rich89

It'd be good to see Leinster take an approach a bit like State of Origin or this North Island v South Island game for the Munster clash and only select players who first played professionally for Leinster.

Team could look something like:

1. Cian Healy
    2. Ronan Kelleher
    3. Tadhg Furlong
    4. Ryan Baird
    5. Devin Toner
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. Will Connors
    8. Caelan Doris
    9. Luke McGrath
    10. Jonathan Sexton
    11. Jordan Larmour