Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

ndm123 wrote: »
    Where are you seeing this price? I can't see anything near that for an S20 on Amazon Warehouse? Thanks!

The French site. https://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B084DPYCT8/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Actually ended up being around €538 after they added Irish vat and postage on. I have prime but still had to pay for postage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

I'm gonna get an S20 from Amazon Warehouse. They all have "small imperfection 0.5cm on the item" etc etc.

Has anybody bought a phone from the Amazon Warehouse? If the small imperfection turns out to be horrific, or even just a bit too imperfect for me, is the returns process easy?

Amazon is great for returns - have a look at it when it arrives - if your not happy it is very easy to send back - no questions asked .

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ndm123

That's a cracking deal! Just bought one myself. Went for the 568 euro one - I coulnd't find any of the cheaper ones without scuff marks on them.

Thanks for the heads up! Express delivery was only 1.20 more than standard so went for that as well.

I bought mine on Amazon.de

There is definetly good deals on the S20 that come up from time to time.

Barr wrote: »
    I bought mine on Amazon.de

There is definetly good deals on the S20 that come up from time to time.

Any problems with it being foreign firmware? Is it like Vodafone Germany or something like that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

€515. Over €150 cheaper than adverts. And with the peace of mind of it being from Amazon.

Found one without damage but with earphones missing. I have decent earphones already so will buy one of those 3.5mm to USBC adapters.

I never insure my phones. Maybe that's silly of me but there you go.

Wow, very suprised!! Nice one. Best of luck.

Any problems with it being foreign firmware? Is it like Vodafone Germany or something like that?

nope its all the same bar the 2 pin plug

Anyone have a cover for the S20? What would you recommend? I should be getting mine in the post tomorrow. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

Anyone have a cover for the S20? What would you recommend? I should be getting mine in the post tomorrow. Thanks!

I got this one on amazon. around 20 euro.

https://www.spigen.com/collections/galaxy-s20/products/galaxy-s20-case-tough-armor?variant=31636907491375

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭irishfemme

I am actually still using the case that came with the phone & I got the phone in March.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Tefral wrote: »

Got the same, took a bit to get used to as was using the phone for a while without it but it's decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

petes wrote: »
    Got the same, took a bit to get used to as was using the phone for a while without it but it's decent.

Yeah, i get ya. Not as rounded.

Fits it like a glove though

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Tefral wrote: »
    Yeah, i get ya. Not as rounded.

Fits it like a glove though

i have one for my samsung s7 phone, good case - it has a kickstand at the back that broke but appart from that its done 4yrs plus and has protected the phone -

I need a usbc to usbc cable for my Samsung super fast charger.

Will this cable allow me to use the super Xtreme ultra fast charging capabilities?

Power output up to 5V, 3 Amp

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CWP89KS/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

That's a cracking deal! Just bought one myself. Went for the 568 euro one - I coulnd't find any of the cheaper ones without scuff marks on them.

By the way mine came yesterday. Really fast delivery. Very good nick. No cable or headphones which I already knew about. Screen protector was removed which is a shame. Anyway .. a good deal at €530 snots. Still has almost 2 years EU warranty as well. How's yours?

Has anybody used bixby routines here? I'm a bixby noob, just testing it out.

I have a bixby routine that's basically "leaving home = turn wifi off"

Do I need to set up another routine for when I come back home? Like "arriving home = wifi on" or does it detect that I'm home and turn the wifi back on?

I can give a shout out to the otterbox defender . Really good case that feels nice in the hand . I got mine from amazon.de - they come up on offer from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Hi,
    I have my s20, the unlocking seems odd at times:
    1) Finger print scanner will not work at times, get the five failed unlocks.
    2) The face scanner seems very temperamental , at times it is magic how quick it unlocks, yet at more times its just the little bit of friction.

Any tips for improvement?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

I need a usbc to usbc cable for my Samsung super fast charger.

Will this cable allow me to use the super Xtreme ultra fast charging capabilities?

Power output up to 5V, 3 Amp

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CWP89KS/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

5V, 3Amp is only 15W so it will work but not for the faster 25W charging

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jogdish wrote:

Glass protector messes up the fingerprint reader. There is a sensitively setting also for fingerprint. Personally I make as many fingerprint settings as possible. I think they allow 3. Fingerprint scanner works 4 out of 5 times for me on first attempt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Glass protector messes up the fingerprint reader. There is a sensitively setting also for fingerprint. Personally I make as many fingerprint settings as possible. I think they allow 3. Fingerprint scanner works 4 out of 5 times for me on first attempt
    I have the film over the screen that came with it, but already has a few scratches on it, not sure if its a good idea to peel it off.

• Advertisement

jogdish wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have my s20, the unlocking seems odd at times:
    1) Finger print scanner will not work at times, get the five failed unlocks.
    2) The face scanner seems very temperamental , at times it is magic how quick it unlocks, yet at more times its just the little bit of friction.

Try this: https://youtu.be/r9v3H1dOyQc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Has anybody used bixby routines here? I'm a bixby noob, just testing it out.

I have a bixby routine that's basically "leaving home = turn wifi off"

Do I need to set up another routine for when I come back home? Like "arriving home = wifi on" or does it detect that I'm home and turn the wifi back on?

Yes I have a fair few running on my note 10plus .

*When home turn on wifi and turn off mobile data
    *When I leave turn off wifi and turn on data
    *When phone connects to car/earbuds read out whatsapp/txt messages
    *Lower resolution to FHD+ when I'm away from home to save battery.
    *NFC off until Google pay button is pressed.
    *if not charging between 12.30am and 7am put in medium power saving mode.
    *stay unlocked when at home & connected to home wifi.

They work fairly well 99% of the time, when they don't its probably down to some conflict between your routines and/or settings .

Yes I have a fair few running on my note 10plus .

*When home turn on wifi and turn off mobile data
    *When I leave turn off wifi and turn on data

They work fairly well 99% of the time, when they don't its probably down to some conflict between your routines and/or settings .

Just on the home routine - I actually now have just one routine - "arriving home > wifi on". That's it. I don't have the opposite "leaving home > wifi Off" and it still works. Wifi turns off when I'm gone from the house. So you probably don't need the extra on either for leaving home. Note that your default phone state should be wifi off always. And it only activates when you're at home or work. Otherwise always off.

By the way, my work routine didn't work this morning. Arrive in work > wifi on. It worked yesterday.

Any idea on how to debug this? Strange thing is, when I opened up google maps, the routine activated .. that's as far as the debugging got. Something to do with google maps?

Bixby routines , one of samsungs best kept secrets ..... not a lot of people use it ...has some good uses though.

jogdish wrote: »
    I have the film over the screen that came with it, but already has a few scratches on it, not sure if its a good idea to peel it off.

I found that factory film scratches very easy . There should be no need to remove it unless the marks bother you.

It shouldn't affect the fingerprint performance .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Ordered some plastic protectors last night. Want to use the fingerprint again as I find the facial recognition hit and miss (and not the most secure) and don't want to be inputting a pin/pattern in each unlock. Have spare glass protectors if I change my mind... Hopefully won't regret it (by dropping the phone face down!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

jogdish wrote:

I still have that on myself. Fingerprint should work with that on

rizzee wrote: »
    Ordered some plastic protectors last night. Want to use the fingerprint again as I find the facial recognition hit and miss (and not the most secure) and don't want to be inputting a pin/pattern in each unlock. Have spare glass protectors if I change my mind... Hopefully won't regret it (by dropping the phone face down!!)

For me the fingerprint is one of the best features. With samsung pass makes things a lot easier to access .

Like when I open up apps like revelout I can use my fingerprint instead of inputting a password all the time .

By the way mine came yesterday. Really fast delivery. Very good nick. No cable or headphones which I already knew about. Screen protector was removed which is a shame. Anyway .. a good deal at €530 snots. Still has almost 2 years EU warranty as well. How's yours?

Mine is in great nick, the Spigen case arrived this morning and looks like it will offer good protection while sacrificing the sleekness of the phone. Mine came with headphones and cable but no USBC to USB adapter.

Not a scratch on the phone, still had most of the plastic film, pretty much brand new. Did you order one with small visual defect? Did it have one? Cheers!

• Advertisement

Just an update with my glass protector .

I fitted the whitestone glass protector .It is not the cheapest at about €50 delivered .

First of all fitting it was a right palava . My first go I made a right bags of it.
    Basically I took too long to fit the glass which meant the glue escaped down the side of the phone. This left me short of glue so had to start again .

Luckily it comes with 2 protectors and 3 viles of glue.
    Second time went perfect after lessons learnt in the first go .

Now the glass is on , it is hardly noticeable at all.

The finger print works exactly the same as before so I am happy overall .

Advertisement