Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Transfers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Praying for City team news, in an ideal world I'd end up with Sterling, Mahrez, Dilva

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

Praying for City team news, in an ideal world I'd end up with Sterling, Mahrez, Dilva

We're all praying for an early sign of Pep roulette.

I'm thinking Sterling misses out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Looking at taking a -4

Salah, Mahrez and Egan out.

Sterling, Pulisic and Tarkowski in.

Think Sterling will outscore Salah today (already own Laporte and KDB so Mahrez is the City player to miss out)

Pulisic in good form and fancy Burnley to get a CS rather than SHU.

Madness?

I fancy Mahrez to start and get points today, I tihnk if you have him in already then taking him out in inadvisable. Pulisic is looking hot at the mo but Wolves don't give up goals easily. Mahrez has a much higher ceiling imo

I would save y our 4 points and just do Salah and Egan our for Sterling and Tark (or downgrade to Pieters if you need the funds).

In fact Pieters is arguably better than Tark even if you do have the funds. Taylor has been ruled out and Pieters is getting some attacking returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Can't decide what to do

Main options are Foden to Silva

Foden and Salah to Silva and Sterling for -4

Salah to Sterling (although that leaves Foden in my team)

Foden and Vardy/Rashford to Dilva and Jesus

Salah and Vardy/Rashford to Sterling and Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Morzadec wrote: »
    I fancy Mahrez to start and get points today, I tihnk if you have him in already then taking him out in inadvisable. Pulisic is looking hot at the mo but Wolves don't give up goals easily. Mahrez has a much higher ceiling imo

I would save y our 4 points and just do Salah and Egan our for Sterling and Tark (or downgrade to Pieters if you need the funds).

In fact Pieters is arguably better than Tark even if you do have the funds. Taylor has been ruled out and Pieters is getting some attacking returns.

As do I, but unfortunately I already own KDB, Laporte and Mahrez so in order to get Sterling in, I need to get rid of 1 of the City players.

Laporte should be guaranteed a CS should he start so it's either Mahrez or KDB out for Sterling should i go down that route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Looking at Bruno to Sterling. Would like Kane too but that would mean taking a minus 8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

As do I, but unfortunately I already own KDB, Laporte and Mahrez so in order to get Sterling in, I need to get rid of 1 of the City players.

Laporte should be guaranteed a CS should he start so it's either Mahrez or KDB out for Sterling should i go down that route.

Ah right yeah interesting dilemma.. i only have 2 city.

I'd consider Laporte and Salah out for Sterling and Taa or Robbo if that's doable for you. Not sure if you have the funds. I just think this is one where you want to really go for the City attackers.

Out
    Jimenez
    Bruno

In
    Kane
    David Silva

(-4)

Due to that -4 myself and second place in my private league start the day on the same points.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

Sterling been away in St Tropez sunning himself, surely he doesn't start today?? Not just because he hasn't trained but because of Covid 19 risks?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

denis1501 wrote: »
    Sterling been away in St Tropez sunning himself, surely he doesn't start today?? Not just because he hasn't trained but because of Covid 19 risks?

I don't think he would have been allowed go there if it meant he would miss out due to Covid

• Advertisement

If we get team news going to bring in sterling if he starts and captain, if not Silva and captain salah

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭denis1501

siblers wrote: »
    I don't think he would have been allowed go there if it meant he would miss out due to Covid

Maybe he's been told he's not needed against Norwich, to go away and have a break, come back refreshed and ready for the Champions League?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭shmeee

One last throw of the **** against the wall and DCL stays in my team! Asking for punishment I know but "if" he can click and not hit the post this week it could be the difference in the money I take home if any in my League.

Maybe he's been told he's not needed against Norwich, to go away and have a break, come back refreshed and ready for the Champions League?

Possibly but seems very unlike Pep to allow something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mahrez and mendy were also abroad
    They were all given two days off

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Free hit team

Pope

TAA, Aurier, Mendy, Pieters

Salah, Sterling, Martial, D. Silva

Kane, Greenwood

Not delighted with double United attack but can’t find a better option.

km79 wrote: »
    Mahrez and mendy were also abroad
    They were all given two days off

Maybe they are out too?

Pep seems to have 2 defenses which he alternates.

I'm guessing he's playing
    Stones
    Otamendi
    Zinchenko
    Cancelo today

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

daheff wrote: »
    Maybe they are out too?

Stones
    Otamendi
    Zinchenko
    Cancelero today

The only reason Sterling starts is Golden Boot, otherwise he is wrapped in cotton wool by Pep for Madrid...but Golden Boot for a lad who couldnt hit a barn door a few years back is some carrot - fwiw i think he starts

I am thinking I will have to forego David Silva now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

daheff wrote: »
    Maybe they are out too?

Stones
    Otamendi
    Zinchenko
    Cancelo today

Have Laporte in and this has me wondering how

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

thomasm wrote: »

I am exactly the same ffs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Morzadec wrote: »
    I disagree, City don't need motivation to rack up 5 or 6. I'd be genuinely surprised if they keep it to 3 or less. Pep roulette is the only thing to cause hesitancy

Yea I think the most likely score line there is 4 nil. It's picking the right 3 which is the tough part.

km79 wrote: »
    I am thinking I will have to forego David Silva now

I'm either doing Bruno to Dilva or Salah to Sterling

No team news and it will be Bruno to Dilva

• Registered Users Posts: 14,692 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Kane or augbamayang (most likely a misspell!)

Panthro wrote: »

Kane for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

siblers wrote: »
    I'm either doing Bruno to Dilva or Salah to Sterling

No team news and it will be Bruno to Dilva

I'm thinking similar..ish

Bruno to David Silva in the absence of team news. Might do KDB rather than Salah (would be a -4 if KDB) if KDB benched - although I don't expect he will be.

I can't justify losing Salah or taking a -4 for Sterling unless I'm 100% certain he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Panthro wrote: »

Last game of the season for Kane so more chance of starting.

I own PEA and concerned about him being rested for cup final.

Benimar wrote: »
    I'm thinking similar..ish

Bruno to David Silva in the absence of team news. Might do KDB rather than Salah (would be a -4 if KDB) if KDB benched - although I don't expect he will be.

I can't justify losing Salah or taking a -4 for Sterling unless I'm 100% certain he starts.

I think KDB is nailed, I'll sell Salah and he'll probably go on a rampage

I am exactly the same ffs :P
    thomasm wrote: »

Sorry!!

• Advertisement

I am frozen with fear :D

Advertisement