Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Transfers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

I have 2 FTs and want to get Sterking (assuming he makes it back from his hols). Could get Ings while I'm at it for a -4 or otherwise will start Soucek which might be a fun punt.

Option 1 (Rash > Solanke, Bruno > Raz) gives me:
    Martinez
    TAA Doc Aurier (VVD Ngakia)
    Mo KDB Mahrez Raz Soucek
    Greenwood Jimi (Solanke)

Option 2 (Rash > Ings, VVD > Pieters, Bruno > Raz for a -4) gives me:
    Martinez
    TAA Doc Aurier (Pieters Ngakia)
    Mo KDB Mahrez Raz (Soucek)
    Ings Greenwood Jimi

ANy thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Fitz* wrote: »
    I wonder are City having their 2 day rest now, ready to come back refreshed some-bit and treat Norwich as a warm up game before a hard 10 days training before the CL starts up again.

Yeah sounds like it
    Through in Silva’s last appearance and it’s has the feel of a testimonial/pre season friendly
    Norwich might even score!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭daheff

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah sounds like it
    Through in Silva’s last appearance and it’s has the feel of a testimonial/pre season friendly
    Norwich might even score!

Plus it's Norwichs last premier league match for at least a season.some of them might actually try to make a game of it to get a transfer back to a premier league club.

City with an eye on Champions League match..
    Possibility of a shock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

daheff wrote: »
    Plus it's Norwichs last premier league match for at least a season.some of them might actually try to make a game of it to get a transfer back to a premier league club.

Possibility of a shock?

September 2019 and it was 3-2 to Norwich in the smae fixture so maybe a Norwich win over a nothing to play for Man City might not be that much of a shock.

All this talk about Man. City rotation and the fact they will probably be playing it like a training game makes me think I'll bank this weeks free transfer. :pac:

Currently have:

McCarthy
    Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Doherty
    De Bruyne, Fernandes, Martial, Antonio
    Vardy, Kane(c), Greenwood

Not sure who I would want to drop for the last game and options to bring in all look like having a reasonable shot at a one pointer or blank. Aurier might be an option for Doherty but Doherty got 12 points last week and could do similar against that leaky Chelsea defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

macraignil wrote: »
    September 2019 and it was 3-2 to Norwich in the smae fixture so maybe a Norwich win over a nothing to play for Man City might not be that much of a shock.

All this talk about Man. City rotation and the fact they will probably be playing it like a training game makes me think I'll bank this weeks free transfer. :pac:

Currently have:

McCarthy
    Robertson, Alexander-Arnold, Doherty
    De Bruyne, Fernandes, Martial, Antonio
    Vardy, Kane(c), Greenwood

Not sure who I would want to drop for the last game and options to bring in all look like having a reasonable shot at a one pointer or blank. Aurier might be an option for Doherty but Doherty got 12 points last week and could do similar against that leaky Chelsea defense.

Not sure where you are in relation to leagues etc. but surely you need to have Burnley defensive cover at the very least as a blocker. I am going double Burnley defense to be honest and didn't really give it a second thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

daheff wrote: »

Possibility of a shock?
    33/1 for Norwich to win, I agree with you, it's setup for a shock

Shedite27 wrote: »

I'm always shocked when I check my online account and there is no money in it as well.

Man City's ladies team would beat this Norwich team who are a collection of broken men at this stage who just want the season to end. Playing against a selection that alll 11 players will be fighting for a place in the Champions League 11. City will pump them its just a question of which 11 get the go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭COH

26 point lead in my main league and 1FT .. we have 6 of the same players (Fernandes/Martial/Greenwood/TAA/KDB/Vardy) the rest is (mine VS his)

Martinez V Pope
    Mane V Salah
    Doherty V O'Connel
    Saiss V Boly
    Ings V Jimenez

Not sure how to play it... I could do Mane > Salah as a blocker but seems kind of boring. A -12 sounds like much more fun to shoehorn in the likes of Antonio/Dilva etc.

Damn it
    Charlie Taylor out injured again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭macraignil

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Not sure where you are in relation to leagues etc. but surely you need to have Burnley defensive cover at the very least as a blocker. I am going double Burnley defense to be honest and didn't really give it a second thought.

Not playing for anything in particular at this stage of the season as it went so poorly from the start. Well clear at the top in a small league with a few friends. I agree Burnley defense is a good option but at the same time I think Brighton have been playing well and would not be fully convinced of a Burnley clean sheet. Thinking my current defenders at least have some chance of attacking returns. Pieters would be an option alright and he did well for me earlier on the season before he lost his place in the team for a while but still fancy my own current defenders to get a goal or an assist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Think I'm gonna do Vardy to Jesus with my final transfer leaving me with this:

McCarthy(or Martinez)
    TAA Maguire Boly
    Dilva(C) Foden Salah Bruno
    Jesus Auba Rashford

Been a forgettable FPL season but hopefully can finish it on a high note

manual_man wrote: »
    Think I'm gonna do Vardy to Jesus with my final transfer leaving me with this:

McCarthy(or Martinez)
    TAA Maguire Boly
    Dilva(C) Foden Salah Bruno
    Jesus Auba Rashford

Been a forgettable FPL season but hopefully can finish it on a high note

I think I would sell Foden and keep Vardy tbh

I feel like my final (possibly ever ) transfer should be bringing Siggy in ........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

km79 wrote: »
    I think I would sell Foden and keep Vardy tbh
    I can see Foden doing damage even if he comes on as a sub. Man U will probably set up defensively as they need a point to guarantee top 4. Alternatively I could do Maguire to Mendy. Just 0.2 in the bank so just enough to do either move.

manual_man wrote: »
    I can see Foden doing damage even if he comes on as a sub. Man U will probably set up defensively as they need a point to guarantee top 4. Alternatively I could do Maguire to Mendy. Just 0.2 in the bank so just enough to do either move.

Not convinced they know how to, their change in fortunes has been all down to the more attacking approach. No doubt it will be a funny game with so much at stake and anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Is Mahrez a better option than Dilva if both start?

Is Ings worth a -4 to start ahead of Jimi or Greenwood?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Did Pep say anything about Sterling in the press conference??

Did Pep say anything about Sterling in the press conference??

No
    Everyone fit except aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Fairly settled on my FH team. But have an option of;

Martial and Kane Or

Son & Aubameyang

1st option means I have no Arsenal players. 2nd option means I have Arsenal and Spurs but only Greenwood for United. 1st option would allow me upgrade Lamptey to Aurier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 AirGuitarist

4 points from top of my mini-league, any advice is welcome!

Dubravka(Leno)
    TAA/Walker/Bardsley/VVD(Saiss)
    Antonio/Sterling/Bruno(Sarr/Traore)
    Jesus/Jimi/Greenwood

Option 1: Pope for Dubravka
    Option 2 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lacazette for Jimi
    Option 3 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lucas Moura for Traore (dropping Jimi to bench)

Rival team:
    Dubravka(Button)
    TAA/Doherty/AWB/Kiko/J.Robinson
    Fernandes/KDB/Saka/Mahrez/Dilva
    Ings/Jimi/Greenwood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

I'm on FH. I've good team value but I am 30 points behind in ML. So I won't pick, D Silva, Martial, Rashford, Fernandez. I'm going big up front because I think there is great cheap options in the back (I would love to have TAA though)

My proposed team is

Martinez

Bardsley, Pieters, Williams, Branthwaite, 3.9...

Salah, Sterling, Mahrez, Pulisic/Antonio, Guendouzi

Kane, Abu, Jesus.

A. If I keep Antonio over Pulisic or put in Mane over Salah I save 0.3m to upgrade my 3.9 defender to a 4.2 defender.
    B. Mahrez is also a worry? Will he start?

Have I gone to big on attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Need Burnley cover, given I don't have Pope nor really want to use a transfer on him as I've Martinez against Watford.

Tarkowski is the best option there yeah? Money not an issue

Even at walking pace city are probably too good for the last few weeks norwhich team.

Dilva will want to score most likely, Debryune will want at least 2 assists for the Premier league record, he is also 2 of joint first in the big leagues this season and 3 would take him top

Jesper wrote: »
    I'm on FH. I've good team value but I am 30 points behind in ML. So I won't pick, D Silva, Martial, Rashford, Fernandez. I'm going big up front because I think there is great cheap options in the back (I would love to have TAA though)

My proposed team is

Martinez

Kane, Abu, Jesus.

A. If I keep Antonio over Pulisic or put in Mane over Salah I save 0.3m to upgrade my 3.9 defender to a 4.2 defender.

Guendouzi hasn't been part of the matchday squad for weeks never mind first 11, I appreciate he is an enabler for you but its very risky to have a weak bench in this particular GW.

Personally I would downgrade Jesus to Greenwood and upgrade Guendouzi and the defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

FatRat wrote: »
    Fairly settled on my FH team. But have an option of;

Martial and Kane Or

Son & Aubameyang

1st option means I have no Arsenal players. 2nd option means I have Arsenal and Spurs but only Greenwood for United. 1st option would allow me upgrade Lamptey to Aurier.

M and K I think.
    Could bite but motivation/something to play for is the big factor for me. Palace are on the beach and have injuries. Goal difference a factor in relegation battle even if Bournemouth go ahead.

4 points from top of my mini-league, any advice is welcome!

Dubravka(Leno)
    TAA/Walker/Bardsley/VVD(Saiss)
    Antonio/Sterling/Bruno(Sarr/Traore)
    Jesus/Jimi/Greenwood

Option 1: Pope for Dubravka
    Option 2 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lacazette for Jimi
    Option 3 (-4): Martinez for Dubravka and Lucas Moura for Traore (dropping Jimi to bench)

Rival team:
    Dubravka(Button)
    TAA/Doherty/AWB/Kiko/J.Robinson
    Fernandes/KDB/Saka/Mahrez/Dilva
    Ings/Jimi/Greenwood

I would not get hung up on a GK change especially involving a hit.
    TAA/VVD to fodder or Sarr/Traore to Guendozi could allow a big hitter for a hit perhaps.

Jesper wrote: »

My proposed team is

Martinez

Kane, Abu, Jesus.

Don't worry about your 3,9M man.
    Martinez and 2 of Long/Pieters/Bard are solid and popular for saving budget.
    Abu out (say) brings Laporte/Aurier/TAA/Digne etc into the picture.

Only Pep knows. Mahrez has had reduced minutes. I'll be looking for early lineup info but it's going to be mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

What's better:
    Silva (v NOR) and Greenwood (v lei)
    Foden (v NOR) and Richarlison (v BOU)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

What's better:
    Silva (v NOR) and Greenwood (v lei)
    Foden (v NOR) and Richarlison (v BOU)

The first one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I'm assuming there will be leaked team news before the deadline on Sunday so I guess I'll hold off doing transfers until then

Advertisement