Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 Transfers Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Sawduck wrote: »
    Thinking about selling all my man utd assets to bring in sterling,Antonio and ings, is that wise or foolish

Id keep one of Martial/Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Markx wrote: »
    He was alright before that though if I recall correctly - for about 3 years....

That's not a reason to keep a player... If past performances were the only thing taken into account, Kane would have been in our team every week even when he was playing DM and not scoring.

Sawduck wrote: »
    Thinking about selling all my man utd assets to bring in sterling,Antonio and ings, is that wise or foolish

If United score early they will get loads of opportunities on the counter so ya I'd keep Martial or Rashford if you have them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Walcott enjoys a GW38 right?

Now that would be fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

That's not a reason to keep a player... If past performances were the only thing taken into account, Kane would have been in our team every week even when he was playing DM and not scoring.

Yes and him not scoring for 3 games isn't a great reason to take him out considering his shot numbers and locations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭remoteboy

Debating a straight swap Rashford for Kane. Or Wood to Kane but need to take a hit (probably Doherty to Pieters). I have Bruno for United cover but he’s looked spent these past few matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

A, B or C?

A. Bruno + Rashford > Dilva + Kane. -4

B. Bruno + Rashford > Dilva + Jesus. -4

C. Bruno + Martial > Dilva + Mahrez. -4

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

sheroman01 wrote: »
    A, B or C?

A. Bruno + Rashford > Dilva + Kane. -4

B. Bruno + Rashford > Dilva + Jesus. -4

C. Bruno + Martial > Dilva + Mahrez. -4

If any of them A
    Not b or c

remoteboy wrote: »
    Debating a straight swap Rashford for Kane. Or Wood to Kane but need to take a hit (probably Doherty to Pieters). I have Bruno for United cover but he’s looked spent these past few matches.

Rashford to kane for free is a solid move

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Please help .....

Bench boost in play

A) Bruno + Holgate (injured) --> dilva + lamotey

B) Bruno + Holgate (injured) --> dilva + ota

C) Bruno + Holgate (injured) --> dilva + Mendy

D) Bruno + vardy --> dilva + kane
    Keep injured holgate on bench

E) Bruno + mount--> dilva + antonio
    Keep injured holgate on bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Getting worried that Sterling will ruin me today.

Two options to get him :
    Salah to Sterling for free - really don’t want to lose Salah.
    KDB and Fernandes to Sterling and David Silva for a -4. (Have Martial and Greenwood)

Any opinions?

If I don’t bring in Sterling I’ll bring in David Silva for a Man U mid or Giroud for Jimenez

Benimar wrote: »
    Getting worried that Sterling will ruin me today.

Two options to get him :
    Salah to Sterling for free - really don’t want to lose Salah.
    KDB and Fernandes to Sterling and David Silva for a -4. (Have Martial and Greenwood)

Any opinions?

If I don’t bring in Sterling I’ll bring in David Silva for a Man U mid or Giroud for Jimenez

I’m the same
    Also don’t want to sell salah
    Hoping for early team news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I think I will get rid of Salah, that gives me the option of Salah to Sterling or Salah to Dilva/Mahrez and Rashford to Kane.

I also have Pulisic and Son, but Salah is actually the least in-form player out of them so it feels wrong to get rid of either of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

With no team news I think I'll go Bruno/Doherty to Sterling/Bardsley and bench the latter.

I can not stress enough how much I would enjoy City team news.

I'm not getting rid of Salah, the upside is too high.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Just woke up, very hungover and ready to go.

Bruno & Jesus -> Sterling & Kane. Just waiting for leaked teamsheets. Back up is Saka & Jesus -> KDB & Kane.

Keeping Salah, as always! He doesn't drink so a hangover should not affect him and Newcastle don't have a fit defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

SameOleJay wrote: »
    With no team news I think I'll go Bruno/Doherty to Sterling/Bardsley and bench the latter.

I can not stress enough how much I would enjoy City team news.

I'm not getting rid of Salah, the upside is too high.

https://twitter.com/FplScarface/status/1283757637083987969?s=19

In the absence of rockstar this guy is next best I think. He prob wont post until 5-10 mins (if at all) before the deadline so you'll need to check constantly during that time frame to give yourself time to get your changes done.

https://twitter.com/FplScarface/status/1283757637083987969?s=19

In the absence of rockstar this guy is next best I think. He prob wont post until 5-10 mins (if at all) before the deadline so you'll need to check constantly during that time frame to give yourself time to get your changes done.

If that is Scarface he deleted his account last night

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

km79 wrote: »

Oh. Now this changes things.

Scarface was advocated by rockstar too, a couple of times. Now we run the risk of believing or not believing a new Scarface account

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

km79 wrote: »

Really?? Didnt know that. Was banking on some early City news from him. Wonder why he deleted it . . .

Anyone else with a reliable track record regarding early team news?

Really?? Didnt know that. Was banking on some early City news from him. Wonder why he deleted it . . .

Anyone else with a reliable track record regarding early team news?

Local journalists only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Why did he delete it? Cuz I followed him was it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Why did he delete it? Cuz I followed him was it? :D

He’s deactivated it not fully deleted it. It looks like he wants to take a break from the abuse he’s been getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

3 transfers made for a -4.

Didn't touch my defence so I've no cover there with two reds. Need TAA and Holding to both play. Very nervous Holding won't

Gone with KDB, Sterling, Silva and Martial in midfield
    Inga, Kane and Greenwood

Wouldn't have been able to afford Kane if I waited until this morning.

Now who to triple captain?? I think Kane being three goals off will want 20 PL goals for the season. Palace have been woeful losing most of their games by two or more goals since the restart. But I'll wait for any late team news and might bounce to a city mid last minute still

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Was looking at Salah's away form there. Just 4 goals in 15 matches this season. 9 in 18 the season before.

I watched a bit of Newcastle v Brighton. New castle played their ususl game, everyone behind the ball, v tough to break down. They're not trying anything new juspt cos they're safe.

I have a few options to get Sterling in, and i did wsmt to keep Salah so was considering a -4. But overall i think ditching Salah without a hit is best. Have TAA and Robbo for Pool coverage.

Pretty sure this will be my transfer in the absence of early City team news

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Three City attackers is really starting to feel like overkill in a game there is nothing riding on

I disagree, City don't need motivation to rack up 5 or 6. I'd be genuinely surprised if they keep it to 3 or less. Pep roulette is the only thing to cause hesitancy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭KBurke85

3 transfers made for a -4.

Didn't touch my defence so I've no cover there with two reds. Need TAA and Holding to both play. Very nervous Holding won't

Gone with KDB, Sterling, Silva and Martial in midfield
    Inga, Kane and Greenwood

Wouldn't have been able to afford Kane if I waited until this morning.

Now who to triple captain?? I think Kane being three goals off will want 20 PL goals for the season. Palace have been woeful losing most of their games by two or more goals since the restart. But I'll wait for any late team news and might bounce to a city mid last minute still

With Mustafi out id say your safe enough holding will play. I personally think Trent is more likely to miss out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Just post any team news here if you get. I'll probably see everton team news early and I'll post here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Is Kane and PEA too much on FH? Feel like both could score well and Spurs seem to trying to finish the season well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,202 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looking at taking a -4

Salah, Mahrez and Egan out.

Sterling, Pulisic and Tarkowski in.

Think Sterling will outscore Salah today (already own Laporte and KDB so Mahrez is the City player to miss out)

Pulisic in good form and fancy Burnley to get a CS rather than SHU.

Madness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Looking at taking a -4

Salah, Mahrez and Egan out.

Sterling, Pulisic and Tarkowski in.

Think Sterling will outscore Salah today (already own Laporte and KDB so Mahrez is the City player to miss out)

Pulisic in good form and fancy Burnley to get a CS rather than SHU.

Madness?

Tarkowski unlikely to get an attacking return, you only break even on his clean sheet so I can't say I'd be happy with a -4

Advertisement