Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

Morzadec wrote: »
    That's interesting, I didn't realise people were following during the down time. I consider myself a serious player but I just tuned off completely once the matches were called off.

I understand why you played the WC, but did you really think that they'd take it off you? I'm not sure I understand the rationale behind playing it - like even if they hadn't done the Unlimited Transfers thing, I'm not sure you'd have been better off unless I'm missing something? You could have just played the WC when things resumed. Or did you think the game would resume with no chips for anyone?

They shouldn't have done Unlimited Transfers imo, but the game is about adapting to unexpected scenarios sometimes. They should have just paused the game completely when the games were suspended.

There was no communication so in original GW 37 I had to make a decision (yes i did). I had 2 chips left.

What were they going to do when it came back ? The truth is ANYTHING was possible. Competition ends. Four double GW’s. One bumper GW. Renewed chips for everyone. No chips for anyone.

Anything was possible because we had to second guess them. Now I’m not one for conspiracy theories and if people start talking about stuff, like that, around me I walk away. I find it a huge waste of time so I rarely engage. But having followed this forum for a few years I know posters can be enraged and confused by the decision makers at FPL towers.

Dodgy assist given. Clear assist not given. Dodgy goal awarded. Clear goal not awarded. There’s too much of it for there not to be something to it. That paranoia had seeped in to my mind when GW 37 came around and there was no communication. FPL towers have no good faith in the bank so I had to second guess.

And then they conveniently came out a few days after GW 37 deadline, iirc, and made their announcement. That could be construed that they waited til some players would use chips in 37.

Now I’m not a tech guy but how many options did they have going back to the start of the lockdown ? How long would it take the decision makers to sit down with someone and find out what they could deliver technically ? I’m guessing a 30 minute conversation would have outlined all their options. Another hour would have lead them to the best way to proceed once they knew their options. Then they could have shared it with us.

They did come to a decision as to how to proceed and I’m guessing it wasn’t reached a half hour before they released their tweet (or however they communicated it). I’d love to know how long they sat on it for before sharing it with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Damn he really looks like a Hispanic version of Walter Jr from breaking bad in that picture...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

There was no communication so in original GW 37 I had to make a decision (yes i did). I had 2 chips left.

What were they going to do when it came back ? The truth is ANYTHING was possible. Competition ends. Four double GW’s. One bumper GW. Renewed chips for everyone. No chips for anyone.

Anything was possible because we had to second guess them. Now I’m not one for conspiracy theories and if people start talking about stuff, like that, around me I walk away. I find it a huge waste of time so I rarely engage. But having followed this forum for a few years I know posters can be enraged and confused by the decision makers at FPL towers.

Dodgy assist given. Clear assist not given. Dodgy goal awarded. Clear goal not awarded. There’s too much of it for there not to be something to it. That paranoia had seeped in to my mind when GW 37 came around and there was no communication. FPL towers have no good faith in the bank so I had to second guess.

And then they conveniently came out a few days after GW 37 deadline, iirc, and made their announcement. That could be construed that they waited til some players would use chips in 37.

Now I’m not a tech guy but how many options did they have going back to the start of the lockdown ? How long would it take the decision makers to sit down with someone and find out what they could deliver technically ? I’m guessing a 30 minute conversation would have outlined all their options. Another hour would have lead them to the best way to proceed once they knew their options. Then they could have shared it with us.

They did come to a decision as to how to proceed and I’m guessing it wasn’t reached a half hour before they released their tweet (or however they communicated it). I’d love to know how long they sat on it for before sharing it with us.

What would they have to conceivably gain by holding back the decision? I agree that it's frustrating, but I think it's just bad management by them rather than any kind of deliberate ploy to trick some players.

I didn't give it much thought but assumed the game would just resume from GW31 with everyone having the same chips as before. A bit like the normal league - everything has been postponed but we carry on as normal. Wasn't expecting Unlimited Transfers and still don't really get the rationale for them deciding to do that.

As I understand it, you thought that as the season in the game appeared to be officially ending in GW38, it would be beneficial to use your WC, as then you would be set up for when the game continues? With the assumption that the season would continue without any chips as they would have all expired in GW38? Just curious as to your rationale. I'm usually an overthinker and spend way too much time on this game, but I didn't actually give this much thought so curious as to the thought process/ what your prediction was as to how they'd resume the game.

Certainly agree that it shouldn't have been left for players to make predictions / assumptions. It's a big game now, lots of money on the line for some players at this point so they should have been more clear, as you say they had plenty of time

I don’t remember having a clear idea as to what I thought was going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

West Brom promoted

• Advertisement

So Rockstar is out of action.

Who was the guy, on twitter, that released very accurate teamsheets prior to the deadline recently ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So Rockstar is out of action.

Who was the guy, on twitter, that released very accurate teamsheets prior to the deadline recently ?

FPL scarface or something I think

FPL scarface or something I think

Mucho apreciado.

I think there may be an underscore in there too.

Mucho apreciado.

I think there may be an underscore in there too.

Got em

https://twitter.com/FplScarface

He has said he won’t be sharing any team news for the final GW with the exception of City v’s Norwich.

And he’s said he ‘will try to share if possible’.

So we may get one relevant teamsheet.

• Advertisement

Still trying to decide on my TC punt,

I've considered ings, taa, Salah, Silva and richi :eek: but cant say I'm in love with any, no pressure just for fun.

Possibly Baines last game for the club, is there anymore like this we know Dilva is deffo going

• Registered Users Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Possibly Baines last game for the club, is there anymore like this we know Dilva is deffo going

Scott Carson maybe haha

I'd swerve Baines myself mate. Best your hoping for is an Everton penalty/ free kick.

Bournemouth I think will score with ease given what they are playing for.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,863 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Not going to open a new thread for 20/21 as that seems just a tad premature but...

Ben Crelin just tweeted that there is a possible blank week in Week 1 of next years FPL - Depending on European exploits all or some of Man utd, Man City and Wolves could have blanks in GW1.

Carnage awaits!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Pogue eile wrote: »
    Not going to open a new thread for 20/21 as that seems just a tad premature but...

Ben Crelin just tweeted that there is a possible blank week in Week 1 of next years FPL - Depending on European exploits all or some of Man utd, Man City and Wolves could have blanks in GW1.

Carnage awaits!

Thank god my every waking hour will not longer be spent procrastinating over it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Pogue eile wrote: »

Carnage awaits!

He also thinks that the FA Cup final will take place before the League finishes. That used to happen a couple of years ago too, I remember Liverpool & Chelsea playing a FA Cup Final and league game back to back over the course of a few days. Not sure of the reason why it was played that way though.

https://twitter.com/BenCrellin/status/1286660498713448451

km79 wrote: »
    Thank god my every waking hour will not longer be spent procrastinating over it :D

Goodbyeeeee my loverrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Just before the season ends I want to thank all the regular posters for all the insights during the season. I'm not a prolific poster but this forum was my sort of bible throughout the season to be honest. And all the info and tips were given in good faith and I for one appreciated it. It will end up being my most successful season yet (OR 47k) so thanks lads and lassies and hope to hear from you all in 20/21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Just before the season ends I want to thank all the regular posters for all the insights during the season. I'm not a prolific poster but this forum was my sort of bible throughout the season to be honest. And all the info and tips were given in good faith and I for one appreciated it. It will end up being my most successful season yet (OR 47k) so thanks lads and lassies and hope to hear from you all in 20/21

The skill in using theis forum it is to be able to figure out what is the bad advice and find the good advice, so chapeau to you for doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,863 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Still nobody believes you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

giphy.gif

No I think it is happening alright
    I may even have to give up my FSA premier league place !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

km79 wrote:
    No I think it is happening alright I may even have to give up my FSA premier league place !

You'd get a good price for that on the black market, speak to KevIRL... He deals in triple captains. He'll put you in touch with his people.

You'd get a good price for that on the black market, speak to KevIRL... He deals in triple captains. He'll put you in touch with his people.

He has been notable by his absence lately actually . Hope everything is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Join the few brave souls in the nfl fantasy thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,598 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ah now.... that's crazy talk.

With no Mayo GAA shenanigans to distract you this year, you'll have plenty of bandwidth for FPL ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

But what happens when, to quote Joxer, the dream turns into a nightmare?

Dream:
    Missus p1sses off to in-laws for afternoon with kids.
    Theres football on.
    You crack open a beer.
    Push back the recliner.
    Martin Tylers voice announces todays live game.

Nightmare:
    Its.......Burnley v West Brom :eek:

Imagine sitting through that without hoping that Pope doesn't lose his CS because one goes in off Callum Robinsons backside, or that your ML rival might fluke Hegazis CS and BPS off the bench if Pep decides to play the under 5s on Monday night :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Big day for me tomorrow. I’m currently 2nd overall in the sky fantasy game.1 point off first. Hopefully I have a good day tomorrow and win the whole thing.

Advertisement