Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today Show with Sarah McInerney

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Claire Byrne is fairly motoring around the interview circuit. All soft interviews, no hard questions. Looks like the political equivalent of the '4 week election campaign' has started. I wonder what Sarah McInerney is doing about it?

On the basis that Miriam O'Callaghan has possibly pulled out, is it just Sarah and Claire left? I doubt it will go to a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

KevRossi wrote: »
    Claire Byrne is fairly motoring around the interview circuit. All soft interviews, no hard questions. Looks like the political equivalent of the '4 week election campaign' has started. I wonder what Sarah McInerney is doing about it?

On the basis that Miriam O'Callaghan has possibly pulled out, is it just Sarah and Claire left? I doubt it will go to a man.

I get the feeling that Sarah might have more class.

And probably just assume her time is up. One of rtes chosen stars wants the job, so Sarah may as well enjoy the time she has left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I doubt it will go to a man.

Not being sexist, just being fair, but it's a shame that in these crazy times that all new / replacement radio hosts are expected to be women???.

There really should be at least one man in the running to replace Sean O'Rourke.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Not being sexist, just being fair, but it's a shame that in these crazy times that all new / replacement radio hosts are expected to be women???.

There really should be at least one man in the running to replace Sean O'Rourke.

But that's not #woke....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Sarah didn't do herself any favours with her line of questioning about the death of Ruth Morrisey.

I was expecting her to ask if she died roaring at one stage.

She got short shrift when she spoke to her solicitor and rightly so.

Really ghoulish and unnecessary I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭serfboard

Have to say, I think that there's something quite "unclassy" about this "RTE insider" bullshít about Claire being the favoured one - and now being followed up with these media articles. It has all the hallmarks of a PR campaign, and I find it a bit distasteful.

Anyway, what is the point of it? Surely the management in RTE are supposed to know how this stuff works, and so should be immune to it? Are they trying to generate some letters into the oul' RTE Mailbag to suggest that Claire is the people's favourite, and thus should get the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

Sarah's on fire this morning, cutting through Pearse's and who ever the other muppet is, absolute bull**** on foreign travel!!

Neil Richmond - the other muppet!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mav11 wrote: »
    Sarah's on fire this morning, cutting through Pearse's and who ever the other muppet is, absolute bull**** on foreign travel!!

What “bullshït” would that be.

Biggest confusing statement came from Sarah herself saying the countries on the green list were deemed “safe”.

Pearse is a great one to criticize given his party’s representation at a recent funeral.

The media in my opinion are deliberately trying to muddy the waters on this.

What “bullshït” would that be.

Biggest confusing statement came from Sarah herself saying the countries on the green list were deemed “safe”.

Pearse is a great one to criticize given his party’s representation at a recent funeral.

The media in my opinion are deliberately trying to muddy the waters on this.

We must certainly be living in different worlds

• Advertisement

We must certainly be living in different worlds

All I can say is I live in the real world.

All I can say is I live in the real world.

Which one?

I wonder is it the same world that I experienced yesterday, when discussing my existing travel insurance with VHI.

Which one?

I wonder is it the same world that I experienced yesterday, when discussing my existing travel insurance with VHI.

It’s the one where non essential foreign travel is not on the radar given the advice from the Health people.

That one...

It’s the one where non essential foreign travel is not on the radar given the advice from the Health people.

That one...

No, not that world, its the one where it would be nice to have definitions of "essential" or "non essential" travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Cole

Professor Sammy Wilson...oh dear

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

sammy wilson against the mandatory wearing of facemaks, if they said face masks wouldnt be mandatory Sammy would be up in arms saying they shoudl be worn everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I know she is looking nervously over her shoulder at Claire Byrne but someone should tell her that shrill interruptions won't help her keep the job.

First Up wrote: »
    I know she is looking nervously over her shoulder at Claire Byrne but someone should tell her that shrill interruptions won't help her keep the job.

Part of her charm?

No, not that world, its the one where it would be nice to have definitions of "essential" or "non essential" travel.

https://bfy.tw/OZBy

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=non-essential&pp=1&iie=1

• Advertisement

That has cleared all the BS up! :D

Delighted to hear that....do the right thing:D

But why should there?

Are you in favour of gender quotas generally?

There’s a dichotomy between the green list and travel, especially non-essential travel (whatever that means). People flying off on holiday (inbound or outbound) isn’t essential. You can’t talk about people not travelling and then publish a green list - many of which cannot be accessed without going through an airport in another country. It’s at best, confusing, and at worst, contradictory. Sarah was spot on this morning

On the spectrum of clarity of message, with Jacinda Ahdern at one end, and the Donald at the other, we are moving steadily Donaldwards.

There’s a dichotomy between the green list and travel, especially non-essential travel (whatever that means). People flying off on holiday (inbound or outbound) isn’t essential. You can’t talk about people not travelling and then publish a green list - many of which cannot be accessed without going through an airport in another country. It’s at best, confusing, and at worst, contradictory. Sarah was spot on this morning

On the spectrum of clarity of message, with Jacinda Ahdern at one end, and the Donald at the other, we are moving steadily Donaldwards.

No.1.... Sarah referred to the GLCs (Green listed countries)as “safe” this morning.

She was not “spot on on that”.

No. 2 The GLCs are countries which if you have to go there and return from,or enter Ireland from, you dont have to self isolate for 14 days after arrival.

What the fuuherke is difficult about that.

FFS!!!!!

No.1.... Sarah referred to the GLCs (Green listed countries)as “safe” this morning.

No. 2 The GLCs are countries which if you have to go there and return from,or enter Ireland from, you dont have to self isolate for 14 days after arrival.

FFS!!!!!
    What are the criteria for essential travel to green-listed jurisdictions? Is a welfare visit to a relative sufficient? Are we to maintain local social distancing rules, or Irish ones? Who knows? I don't think any guidelines have been published.

What are the criteria for essential travel to green-listed jurisdictions? Is a welfare visit to a relative sufficient? Are we to maintain local social distancing rules, or Irish ones? Who knows? I don't think any guidelines have been published.

Ty.... when in Rome......

Look, coddling and joking aside, depends on the relatives situation.

Use your loaf.

Delete.

Try this, should sort everything out. No more confusion!!!

FFS!!!!!

OK, so they are not safe. Go it

• Advertisement

Ty.... when in Rome......

Look, coddling and joking aside, depends on the relatives situation.

Use your loaf.
    I know Brendan, but still. Cognitive dissonance or something. if someone misses a relative enough, they'll convince themselves of an excuse. I have a relative who is currently waiting for flights to reopen to his home city (Covid hotspot) to see his folks. Understandable, but not necessary travel.

I see no drawback to a robust, narrowly defined definition of necessary travel. If you don't strictly define it, you'll get some very dubious interpretations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement