Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Becks0603

That was handy save you going into the hospital.

Oh that's so exciting, congratulations on getting married too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lilmel120

Hey ladies, 17 weeks today! Has anyone got any good classes (yoga, prenatal) or otherwise to reccomend? And (longshot) any in Dublin that are going back to in person (@distance)? I'm on video calls 6hrs+/day with work and dying for a change of scenery for my me time!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Lilmel120 wrote: »
    Hey ladies, 17 weeks today! Has anyone got any good classes (yoga, prenatal) or otherwise to reccomend? And (longshot) any in Dublin that are going back to in person (@distance)? I'm on video calls 6hrs+/day with work and dying for a change of scenery for my me time!

Yoga hub has a whole host of maternity classes on it. I used it pre-pregnancy and love it. I just cast from my phone to the TV via Chromecast.
    I have to admit I haven't been too active since becoming pregnant. I was a bit scared to do more than walking at the beginning, but I'm going to try some gentle yoga once I get the all clear from Pre-term Surveillance on Monday. (Fingers crossed).
    I'm going to get back swimming this week too if I can.

I've gone into the office a couple of times for a bit of a change, they have great systems in place and there was barely anyone in there

So I didn't get discharged as I was hoping, the doctor said she'd like to keep observations going until at least 24wks, so two more visits to Pre-term Surveillance. A bit disappointed but happy that all is good and it's just more monitoring. She just said she thought the other doc was a bit preemptive with his advice on discharge, but all is good.

Big scan next week, I'm so excited to find out the gender.
    We can't decide between find out out together on the Thursday and doing a reveal at the wedding on Friday, or keeping ourselves in the dark until Friday too!

I know you're disappointed Shelli but good to know they're being cautious too. It's all getting very real and exciting now we're all nearly at the halfway mark. my big scan is 2 weeks tomorrow, really hoping they will just write the gender down for me seeing as my husband can't be there.

• Advertisement

Becks0603 wrote: »
    I know you're disappointed Shelli but good to know they're being cautious too. It's all getting very real and exciting now we're all nearly at the halfway mark. my big scan is 2 weeks tomorrow, really hoping they will just write the gender down for me seeing as my husband can't be there.

Yes definitely, I'll be the same, write it down so we can find out together!! It's awful they still can't come in.

I know I was really hoping by the time the big scan came around restrictions would have been loosened but it's not looking likely now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Had the big scan yesterday. Third pregnancy but never had one before, it came in to our hospital just after my 2nd child was born.
    Was extremely nervous. Not the "kickiest" baby so i had really over thought that but all looked good. She was happy with everything she saw and there was plenty of movement. Delighted!

Anomaly scan went well this morning.
    I'm being scanned again at 34 weeks, small amount of fluid on the kidneys and a slightly low lying placenta, but they said both things should resolve themselves by the next big scan.
    I've had do many scans at this stage they're just like routine! This was my 6th already.

I've decided to go for a private 3d scan in a few weeks, purely so my OH can attend at least one!

Found out we're having a girl! So my gut feeling was right. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

Amazing. Congratulations Shelli. No big scan here yet. Had to redo my booking at 18 weeks because I changed hospital, so still waiting for an anomaly appointment. I can't wait to find out what I'm having.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

My big scan went well too. I don’t like that scan- usually I love to see the baby but the idea of the anomaly scan freaks me out so I’m always happy when it’s over and Everything looks good

So good to hear everyone's big scans are going well! Did they tell you the gender Shelli or did you ask them to write it down? My scan is on Wednesday and hoping they will write it down so we can open it together afterwards.

Becks0603 wrote: »
    So good to hear everyone's big scans are going well! Did they tell you the gender Shelli or did you ask them to write it down? My scan is on Wednesday and hoping they will write it down so we can open it together afterwards.

I got them to write it down, I brought an envelope and piece of card with me.

Shelli2 wrote: »
    I got them to write it down, I brought an envelope and piece of card with me.

Ah perfect, thanks. I'll make sure to put the card and envelope in my bag the weekend, I'm getting so forgetful lately!

How's everyone doing? I feel huge these days, mobility is starting to decrease significantly.
    The heat today was a killer.

Picked up a few bits in the Aldi baby event, it's harder to pass baby sections now that I know it's a girl.ðŸ˜

All good here, we found out we're having a boy! Went shopping to buy him something but found a lot of the clothes were very summery/holiday designs but ended up getting a lovely outfit in penneys and having a look at next online for some baby grows for the hospital bag.

Totally agree shelli found the heat a nightmare today but the weather is so changeable, its hard to know what to be wearing 🀔

We've been looking at travel systems the last few days, leaning towards the nuna demi grow, I like the way it can convert into a double and it seems like an all in buggy rather than tonnes of extras to be added on later!

Next have some lovely stuff!
    I picked up some sleep suits there in Limerick as we were away with family over the BH.
    I'm not a huge fan of very pink girly outfits, I don't mind a small bit, but I find the girls sections overwhelming to be honest.
    I was delighted to find some non pink options in Next!

I'm picking up a wardrobe for the nursery this week, I'm excited to get working on decorating the room.

I'm so sad that they're still not allowing partners in for appointments.

I know what you mean Shelli, there's a lot of pink stuff out there but there is actually a bit more neutral stuff than I thought as well, hopefully as the seasons change there will be more neutral winter stock in for our December babies!

Yeah its tough for the partners and the news isn't providing much comfort with the delaying of phase 4 now too ðŸ™

How is everyone doing? I'm hitting the 24wk mark this week! Time is actually flying.

That said, I'm getting fairly bored of being in the house pretty much alone mostly. Then I just try to check myself and remind myself that I'm really lucky to be able to work from home and stay safe.

We're off on a little family staycation to Doolin this week, and I'm really looking forward to the change of scenery and spend some relaxation time with my new husband. I've book into a spa for a pregnancy package too, can't wait!

Has anyone thought of antenatal classes? Or booked any? I don't think NMH have started theirs again, not sure where else to look.
    I wasn't offered any on my son, and it never crossed my mind to do any, and I think I was totally unprepared for birth.....and I've nearly forgotten most of the experience given that I was high as a kite and it was 13 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

Hey ladies! Great to hear you're all keeping well.
    I'm 24.5wks. Totally agree Shelli...time is flying!
    Lovely that you're getting away and have a spa package booked, well deserved.
    Becks congrats on your boy, so exciting.
    Had a general GP appointment today...blood pressure/doppler/urine sample. All fine.
    Baby very active the past few weeks, it's a lovely feeling isnt it. Still cant believe there's a baby inside me!! Nice that my partner can feel it aswell considering he cant come to appointments and see it moving on the screen.
    I havnt thought about antenatal classes yet, I will book one though down the line. It will probably be online as havnt heard of any face to face ones? (My friend did an online one with thebabyacademy and got most of it back through their insurance. Another friend did Clare Boyle midwife, not sure how she found or picked her)
    We're all very relaxed here. No names thought of/no buggy sorted (I'm so overwhelmed by all the choice..same goes for car seat)
    I'm back to work next week. Iv not ordered a stitch of maternity clothing yet...more out of laziness than necessity as I do need them but been living in active wear and happy out. That just not acceptable for work now haha!

• Advertisement

Hi ladies,

Glad to hear that all is going for you both.

All is fine here at 23+4, too, but I am a secondary teacher and I'm very nervous about returning to school in less than two weeks with 800+ students! Have a GP app. next week and I'll discuss my anxiety around it with her then.

I've bought some maternity wear for work as I'm quite big already. We've bought the travel system and have it all set up. We also have the bouncer set up and have started buying a lot of sleepsuits and vests. Partly because we're probably nervous first-time parents and partly because we want to return to our normal level of house deposit savings ASAP and all of the baby stuff is really adding up.

Hi ladies,

Great to hear everyone is doing so well! I'm 23 weeks today, I feel like the time is flying in now, hopefully the next 17 weeks go the same way.

Enjoy your few days away @Shelli2 that will be lovely. I'm working 4 days a week in the office and 1 day at home, starting to get a bit nervous again because there doesn't seem to be much public buy in anymore, especially not in my office!

I'm afraid of another lockdown but also anxious that everyone is becoming quite complacent.

We just done the two hour free antenatal class with the babyacademy on the weekend, I'd be interested to hear if anyone has done the full day one and what they thought? I found the information useful being a first time mam too so probably should look into doing a comprehensive one.

I'm the same @masie_moo just been living in over the bump leggings and baggy t shirts dreading if I need to start dressing client appropriate again!

@thefasteriwalk I can only imagine how anxious you're feeling, hopefully GP will be able to help. What travel system did you go for? We're looking at the Nuna Demi Grow, I like how high up it is and also the option to convert to a double but just feels like such a big decision to commit to once it's ordered. Will have to get onto it soon just in case there is another lockdown, I'm finding the shops are struggling to keep stock on the shelves.

I found eBay and Adverts brilliant for maternity bundles.
    I couldn't find any actual shops that stock any anymore, everything is online 🙄

We went for the the Babylo Origin. It's cheap but we have it set up and it seems perfect. We'll be looking for a mortgage in January, so we're trying to keep baby costs down and then we'll upgrade for the next baby - when we'll have more discretionary funds - if needs be.

Can anyone tell me if you have to pay for your flu and whooping cough vaccines?? I'm getting them on Monday and I'm not sure if I need to put money aside.

I must have a look at ebay & adverts, never thought of it thanks!

Totally know what you mean @thefasteriwalk, babies are so expensive! and the internet would have you believe you need a million gadgets and things for a new baby. Trying not to get caught up and only buy the essentials.

I had to pay €20 for the whopping cough vaccine but haven't had the flu vaccine yet sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

I didn't have to pay anything for whooping cough vacc last week. No medical card here. I'd question that €20 if i were you.
    Flu vacc won't be available until Oct.

heldel00 wrote: »
    I didn't have to pay anything for whooping cough vacc last week. No medical card here. I'd question that €20 if i were you.
    Flu vacc won't be available until Oct.

Thanks I did question it at the time and was told there was a charge even though it was relating to the pregnancy and all pregnancy appointments are free.

I looked it up when I got home and the HSE website says "The whooping cough vaccine is provided by the HSE to all pregnant women free of charge." but then for the flu vaccine it says "The flu vaccine is free for pregnant women, but you may be charged a consultation fee unless you have a medical card or GP visit card."

I must mention it again at my next GP appointment.

I called my doctor just there to confirm she can do my whooping cough vaccine at my appointment next week, she confirmed it was free. I asked about flu jab and it's not available until end September.

I'm on combined care, with semi private in the hospital.
    Maybe the type of patient you are affects cost?
    Are you private hospital or full public hospital care? Or do you have half your check ups in the doctors?

• Advertisement

I'm the same as you Shelli2 combined care with semi private in the hospital, I think it's just my GP choosing to charge administration fee. I will double check on the next appointment though just in case.

Advertisement