Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due December 2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Does Penny's have a maternity range?
    I can't get over the price of some of the stuff that'll only be used for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Shelli2 wrote: »
    Does Penny's have a maternity range?
    I can't get over the price of some of the stuff that'll only be used for a few months.

Very little and not all stores stock it. I know Dundrum had some on my last pregnancy but very basic bits like leggings. You could try adverts- people sell off bundles of clothes or if you need something nice you can get the expensive stuff second hand.
    I wonder will the shops only opening today will we see any sales in the next few weeks- they’re sitting on last seasons stock if they’ve been closed so I’m hoping to get some new clothes at a discount!

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Very little and not all stores stock it. I know Dundrum had some on my last pregnancy but very basic bits like leggings. You could try adverts- people sell off bundles of clothes or if you need something nice you can get the expensive stuff second hand.
    I wonder will the shops only opening today will we see any sales in the next few weeks- they’re sitting on last seasons stock if they’ve been closed so I’m hoping to get some new clothes at a discount!

I've got some bundles of eBay alright. I might try Liffey Valley in a couple of weeks when the mad queues settle, it's the biggest branch I believe so hopefully they'll have some, or Jervis, that's the flagship store.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Becks0603

Yeah I can't remember how much penneys had, I've seen a few people buying from boohoo on instagram just the likes of loungewear cheap and cheerful bits! I'm hoping for some decent sales too but dreading the thoughts of going shopping with the restrictions I'm a real browser!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ladygirl

maisie_moo wrote: »
    Congratulations!
    I'm in Cork/this is my first pregancy so I'm no help to you.

Questions: should I be making an appointment with my doctor soon? Is it free? Are doctors even seeing people at the moment? At what stage of a pregnacy must people pick public/private route?

Also in Cork, also baby nmb 1 due Dec 4th :)

• Advertisement

Becks0603 wrote: »
    Yeah I can't remember how much penneys had, I've seen a few people buying from boohoo on instagram just the likes of loungewear cheap and cheerful bits! I'm hoping for some decent sales too but dreading the thoughts of going shopping with the restrictions I'm a real browser!

Even more than shopping I'm missing the swimming pool.
    On my first it was a lifesaver and the only activity I could manage comfortably. I don't know what I'll do this time. I hope they open soon.

Hopefully more and more places will start opening soon, it would be great if the maternity hospitals loosened the restrictions a bit before we're all in giving birth!

Hopefully more and more places will start opening soon, it would be great if the maternity hospitals loosened the restrictions a bit before we're all in giving birth!

Mothercare has gone into liquidation ☹️

I'm definitely hoping things will be more relaxed by December.
    When I was booking my 21wk scan for August the midwife says they hope to be able to allow partners in again by then. That would be fantastic!

Mothercare has gone into liquidation ☹️

I'm definitely hoping things will be more relaxed by December.
    When I was booking my 21wk scan for August the midwife says they hope to be able to allow partners in again by then. That would be fantastic!

Ah its terrible about mother care, I remember the one in the square in tallaght years ago had a big talking tree. Family owned business as well, awful to see all those people out of a job.

That would be brilliant fingers crossed for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

How are all the December bumps and ladies?
    I'm 16+4 atm. Feeling good. Tired at times.
    Feel like time is flying though. Next hospital appointment is 21wks for anomoly scan.

Told work and the last of my friends at the weekend. All surprised and delighted for me. I dont look pregnant at all (first baby) Wish I could tell everyone again, it's very exciting!! Haha.

Today I made an appointment for two weeks time in a baby shop. Never been in one in my life. No idea where to begin inside there considering I only have 45min slot....buggies? Eeek!

Edit: got my dates wrong!

• Advertisement

All good, I'm still feeling wrecked though 15 weeks today!

Has anyone got a pregnancy pillow? I'm really struggling with getting comfortable in bed at night, I used to sleep on my belly.

I know the feeling masiemoo I don't know where to start, first baby for us too. Which shop are you going to? I need to start putting together a list of what we need.

I’m still tired, kind of glad to hear I’m not the only one! I read one of those what to expect apps and it told me my energy would have returned, fat chance! Not working much but I’ve a two and three year old so the days I’ve no help are long. I keep waking at night for hours too- I forgot about that from my last pregnancies and I hate it.
    Becks I had a Dreamgenii pregnancy pillow and I didn’t like it-. I do remember my sis in law getting a cheaper one in Lidl/ Aldi at the time so I’d keep an eye out. I wouldn’t mind spending the money if it was as magical as the reviews but it didn’t help me at all. This time I bought a new bed! Needed a new mattress anyway so decided to get a super king and now I’ve lots more space.

15+3 here. Feeling good mostly.

I have a body length maternity pillow, but still suffer from insomnia, luckily working from home means I can nap whenever I need to.

My 16 week appointment is over the phone or so I've been told, no idea how that's supposed to work. A bit annoyed to be honest, we went semi private so are paying a good bit for care, haven't even met a consultant yet, first visit was just with nurses.
    On top of that I have to attend the Pre-term Surveillance Clinic in the public clinic as the semi private doesn't have an internal ultrasound, and each visit is over two hours queuing.
    If it wasn't fully covered by my insurance I'd be looking for a refund to switch to public at this stage.

My bump is huge already, but I love it. I was pretty big on my son too.

Yeah beanybabog, I think I will need a full body one, the dreamgenii doesn't look that supportive for your back even though they insist it is. I don't mind paying for a decent one but every time I find one there reviews are a mix of 1 star and 5 star!

That's annoying Shelli about the appointments, what hospital are you attending? We are semi-private in the coombe and I have my first consultant appointment in two weeks.

The booking appointment with the nurse they put me in the little room and then rang the phone for another room to ask all the medical history questions, it was a strange experience to say the least!

That all sounds mad! I went private and it’s no different to last time except my consultant has a face visor.

That's annoying Shelli about the appointments, what hospital are you attending? We are semi-private in the coombe and I have my first consultant appointment in two weeks.

The booking appointment with the nurse they put me in the little room and then rang the phone for another room to ask all the medical history questions, it was a strange experience to say the least!

We're going to Holles St.
    My booking appointment was great, we had a call the day before to do all the history and the appointment itself was very smooth and no waiting.
    They are hoping that after my next appointment in the Pre-term Surveillance if there are no changes then they can discharge me from there and I'm back to semi private only.

LivingSocial.ie have the U shaped full length body pillow on special for €17.99 at the moment.

Oh thanks a mill Shelli I was lookong at the clevamama but the reviews are very mixed and its €60!

Hopefully all will go as plan and you'll be back at the semi-private clinic for the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Cailleachdubh

I'm about 17 weeks this week. Decided to have the Harmony test done and by the time I had it done I was 12+ weeks. Unfortunately they contacted the clinic at 10 days to say there wasn't enough fetal DNA in the sample and I would have to repeat it. My friend has had 2 redraws (she's now 15 weeks). There's obviously huge delays going on at the moment. Waiting so long for a result is definitely adding to my anxiety (more so than if I hadn't done the test at all). The plus side to all the drama is that I've had a few extra scans as part of the process and the baby looks good. We did this online gender prediction thing for 20 euro.. (semi-scientific but just a bit of fun really). A few family members were guessing it was a boy from my first scan. Looks like they might be right, going by the prediction result and my latest scan!

Otherwise feeling grand but starting to get bad heartburn at night (already!!). Definitely waay bigger than I was on my first.

Otherwise feeling grand but starting to get bad heartburn at night (already!!). Definitely waay bigger than I was on my first.

Feeling you there, Im massive, or at least I feel it.
    I'm 16+3 today, but I swear I look about 7 months.
    I think a lot is bloat though. I've gained about 6lb in total over the 16 weeks, which I guess is not too bad.
    I was trying to lose weight pre-pregnancy, and had at least 2st to lose, so can't afford to gain too much on top of that. Last week was full of junk food to be honest, it was a tough week for our family. But I'm trying to eat better again. I'm not being to restrictive, just trying to make sure the main meals are healthy and nutritious.

• Advertisement

Feeling you there, Im massive, or at least I feel it.
    I'm 16+3 today, but I swear I look about 7 months.
    I think a lot is bloat though. I've gained about 6lb in total over the 16 weeks, which I guess is not too bad.
    I was trying to lose weight pre-pregnancy, and had at least 2st to lose, so can't afford to gain too much on top of that. Last week was full of junk food to be honest, it was a tough week for our family. But I'm trying to eat better again. I'm not being to restrictive, just trying to make sure the main meals are healthy and nutritious.

I was the opposite Shelli, I had lost all my baby weight and was quite slim again, got pregnant and I’ve already put on two stone!! So we’ve both ended up in the same position regardless of where we started. I’m not worried- they don’t think my weight gain is excessive since they’re going from my booking weight, which was already way up on what I was. I put on lots of my other two- I just think it’s me, i bloat and gain early and fast and that’s just the way I am. I also look very very pregnant, I met my friend who is due in 5 weeks and there wasn’t much between us!!! We can only do our best and treats are a part of it all

I'm the same ladies, 16 weeks today and feeling very bloated! My boss is trying to get us back into the office 4-5 days a week and I have no idea what I'm going to wear, nevermind all of the covid worry! Has anyone had the whopping cough vaccine yet?

I'm the same ladies, 16 weeks today and feeling very bloated! My boss is trying to get us back into the office 4-5 days a week and I have no idea what I'm going to wear, nevermind all of the covid worry! Has anyone had the whopping cough vaccine yet?

Not yet, my next GP visit is 24wks, I just kind of assumed it would be included in that? I just look into it.

My friends sister has two big bags of maternity gear for me, can't wait to collect them and have some choice of clothes again.

The babyclub has a good offer on a starter box of breast feeding gear and accessories, we ordered one today.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

I'm going for the vaccine next week, but I rang and booked myself. In my GP it's a nurse that does them once a week so not the GP themselves. I'll be 18 weeks getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭blueturnip

The babyclub has a good offer on a starter box of breast feeding gear and accessories, we ordered one today.

Do you have a link for this? I googled, but was getting some odd stuff lol! Thanks!

blueturnip wrote: »
    Do you have a link for this? I googled, but was getting some odd stuff lol! Thanks!

Sorry, should have thought to post link first time around, baby brain setting in already!

https://www.babydocclub.ie/first-feeding-box/

That looks like a great deal Shelli and handy to get them altogether.

Thanks @blueturnip I'll give my GP a call and see if I can book in.

I'm really short of breath at the moment, find it hard to get a full deep breath in. I had a chest infection a couple of weeks back and the same last year, really hope I don't have another one :( I have hayfever as well so think the pollen count hasn't helped!

Anyone considering using a pelvic floor trainer? I've been reading about one called Aniball, for use from 36wks to help prevent tearing. I might ask my consultant about it today.

How did you get on with the consultant Shelli? I hadn't really thought about it..this can all be a bit of a minefield! I have my first appointment with the consultant tomorrow (semi-private) does anyone know what's involved?

• Advertisement

It was a very brief chat on the phone, he seems nice and answered a couple of questions I had.
    I'll have my next appointment in August with him in the offices this time.

I have my (hopefully final) visit to the Pre-term Surveillance Clinic on Monday, and my big scan the following week.
    Scan the day before I get married!!! ðŸ˜

Advertisement