Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Share Picks 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Smurphy2223

Just dumped every single stock for Crypto, not for missing this revolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Bitcoin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Why?

Just curious.

Galego wrote: »
    Bitcoin?

Link, VET, small amount of BTC & Ocean Protocol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Link, VET, small amount of BTC & Ocean Protocol.

Don’t forget ADA

• Advertisement

Why?

Just curious.

Massive news from Paypal seems to be coming. FB developing their own crypto. Blockchain technology, market cap of whole industry growing.

Most importantly some of these are devloping huge partnerships with serious companies.

LONG TERM HODL for me.

Massive news from Paypal seems to be coming. FB developing their own crypto. Blockchain technology, market cap of whole industry growing.

Most importantly some of these are devloping huge partnerships with serious companies.

LONG TERM HODL for me.

The news from PayPal was out recently

LINK is the one to watch. It’s gaining momentum on & off the pitch

Same with VET

although I have a sizeable chunk in crypto, I’m keeping my stock account active as there is money to be made there aswell

If you are new to crypto, you’ll need much cooler hands than stocks

It’s not uncommon to see 10% dips in hours

I’ve seen them in 15min occasionally

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Same with VET

although I have a sizeable chunk in crypto, I’m keeping my stock account active as there is money to be made there aswell

Yeah, agree. Although lack of liquidity problem for me re stocks. Will return eventually to invest in hydrogen & lithium stocks & AI technology. Hopefully not too late by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭in2dark

Lex Luthor wrote: »

Same with VET

Pity link is not available on revolut :-(

Where is a cheap/easy place to buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I know very little about crypto but am holding some Ethereum. The price dropped about 2% the day Visa announced it was looking for developers with knowledge of ethereum. It makes no sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

99% of crypto currencies/tokens/contracts are a load of ****.

The 1% leftover is still up for debate. The majority of people only start buying into crypto once the dollar value of it rises due to pump and dumps I.e. they are gambling not investing.

The net value of the underlying asset and technology for the 99% is absolutely useless or no better than non chain based Technology we currently have.

It's a mess of a world full of lies, empty promises, no value assets and questionable market control from big players. I've been involved in crypto currency since 2016, bought Eth at 3 dollars , and made some nice returns back in 2017/2018. There is no strategy or easy wins, and the fact some people are only hearing about Link now says a lot. It's the shoeshiner moment again I'd bet.

Hopefully it works out for everyone, I still hold an ALT or two and if I had more cash to play with I would probably hold BTC and Eth as a general long term hedge. But as another poster has eluded to, it is not a nice game for those who don't know when to sell or can't take a loss!!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭hottipper

• Registered Users Posts: 9,380 ✭✭✭Shedite27

hottipper wrote: »
    mrna have a vaccine +17% after hours (of course) expecting airlines / travel to bounce tomorrow, maybe everything
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/moderna-says-its-coronavirus-vaccine-trial-produced-robust-immune-response-in-all-patients.html
    Didn’t Moderna have a drug a month ago, stocks price soared, CEO sold all his shares, drug was a fraud.

Hope you’re right, but they’re probably the least reputable of the companies in the race for now

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Didn’t Moderna have a drug a month ago, stocks price soared, CEO sold all his shares, drug was a fraud.

Hope you’re right, but they’re probably the least reputable of the companies in the race for now

yeah you might be right there's one every week now hopefully this one works out, wishing i bought it now instead of mrk today ah well

in2dark wrote: »
    Pity link is not available on revolut :-(

Where is a cheap/easy place to buy it?

Kraken is one exchange
    You can lodge cash directly from your bank

I’ve got an uphold wallet
    Very easy to find
    Easy to use
    Prob be my recommendation for a noob

Jump over to the crypto forum for more advice

I wouldn’t buy any crypto on Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

mrna have a vaccine +17% after hours (of course) expecting airlines / travel to bounce tomorrow, maybe everything
    https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/14/moderna-says-its-coronavirus-vaccine-trial-produced-robust-immune-response-in-all-patients.html

Airlines/Cruise up 5% in After hours already

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭jams100

Airlines/Cruise up 5% in After hours already

Crazy. Its only a phase 1 trial. Even if it does come good it has to go through more phases and around a billion doses would need to be manufactured to make it anyway effective. Best case scenario is early 2021 by which time more cash will be burned by airlines. Personally I wouldn't touch airlines unless they fall another significant amount.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

jams100 wrote: »
    Crazy. Its only a phase 1 trial. Even if it does come good it has to go through more phases and around a billion doses would need to be manufactured to make it anyway effective.

Do people really expect that governments around the world will respect patents etc....if their citizens are dying.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭amacca

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Do people really expect that governments around the world will respect patents etc....if their citizens are dying.....

I agree there will be an unprecedented level of funding and pressure on producing a vaccine but I also think that's still no guarantee of one arriving in a timely fashion ...its my understanding lots of vaccines get as far as late stage trials and millions pumped in only to fail

Govts may want it fast but they are presumably aware of the dangers of shortcutting....effective.vaccines can take years to produce and many promising can fall by the wayside......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭riddles

Anyone know why ONCS has jumped so much and where it might go too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Meleftone

Anyone think Aramark #ARMK are worth a punt, what with the service sector opening up more. Currently at $22
    https://www.marketbeat.com/stocks/NYSE/ARMK/

jams100 wrote: »
    Crazy. Its only a phase 1 trial. Even if it does come good it has to go through more phases and around a billion doses would need to be manufactured to make it anyway effective. Best case scenario is early 2021 by which time more cash will be burned by airlines. Personally I wouldn't touch airlines unless they fall another significant amount.

your probably right could be another fake out.
    Im gonna go with a 1/4 of my iag stack. i count 4 failed breakouts already with iag (1 yesterday) which usually means its going lower we just need some catalyst to push it. If it runs too far i'm not going to chase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Kilboor wrote: »
    I know it has been a popular stock in Ireland in the past, I firmly believe the only thing that can stop Barryroe now is politics.

Had a read of that article from 'the Currency' its a puff piece on 69yro Andrew MacKay. The only interesting things are that he has been previously employed by Providence (2012)..and is back now as non executive director, which I suppose is a good sign

and he has bought 1.7% of Providence in April. (He also a few % of Lansdowne, the minority partner in Barryroe).

I think its definitely worth a punt with some loose change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Kilboor wrote: »
    I know it has been a popular stock in Ireland in the past, I firmly believe the only thing that can stop Barryroe now is politics.

Had a read of that article from 'the Currency' its a puff piece on 69yro Andrew MacKay. The only interesting things are that he has been previously employed by Providence (2012)..and is back now as non executive director, which I suppose is a good sign

and he has bought 1.7% of Providence in April. (He also has a few % of Lansdowne, the minority partner in Barryroe).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

bcklschaps wrote: »

and he has bought 1.7% of Providence in April. (He also has a few % of Lansdowne, the minority partner in Barryroe).

At least he's putting his own money on the table, but yes I saw it myself yesterday and was unimpressed. Rhetoric if anything but maybe the man is as optimistic as he sounds.

It isn't by any means my largest investment but it is one I'd be confident of a good end of year return even at current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Have been very lucky with my entry/exit timing on Providence Resources over the years. Its at a 12 month high right now though....soo might wait for a dip.

your probably right could be another fake out.
    Im gonna go with a 1/4 of my iag stack. i count 4 failed breakouts already with iag (1 yesterday) which usually means its going lower we just need some catalyst to push it. If it runs too far i'm not going to chase it.

Dropping swiftly enough again after peaking about an hour into the market. Follows a pattern.

Dropping swiftly enough again after peaking about an hour into the market. Follows a pattern.

I got the 4 hour on my side could just roll over and die but lets see.
    https://ibb.co/HCSVg9g

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I got the 4 hour on my side could just roll over and die but lets see.
    https://ibb.co/HCSVg9g

If you don't mind, could you give some explanation to that graph?

• Advertisement

If you don't mind, could you give some explanation to that graph?

Sure will do later promise - got a few jobs to do

Advertisement