Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrestling Thoughts (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What is single handedly the worst angle in pro wrestling of all time?

... It has to be RoboCop in WCW :pac: just watched it there on the network. Robo comes out and saves Sting in the steel cage. As he "bends" the bars the cage door opens then he quickly tears the door off :pac:

Well the shockmaster is up there as a biggest mess ever. He just fell over.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,419 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I want to say Dungeon of doom But it also gave some of the best kind of bad stuff in wrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

In recent memory, I'd say heel Michael Cole.

The WCW roster through out 98 is insane when you look back at it...
    Hogan
    Savage
    Flair
    Sting
    Piper
    Warrior
    Bret
    Luger
    Goldberg
    Nash
    Hall
    Perfect
    S Steiner
    R Steiner
    Jericho
    Booker T
    Stevie Ray
    Eddie
    Benoit
    Rey
    Raven
    Giant
    British Bulldog
    Jim Neidhart
    DDP
    Malenko
    Saturn
    Bam Bam
    Ultimo Dragon
    Juvi
    Psicosis
    Finlay
    Regal
    Alex Wright
    Buff
    Disco
    Kanyon
    Kidman
    Chavo
    Meng
    La Parka
    Crush
    Rick Martel
    Non wrestling..
    Heenan
    Mean Gene
    Rude
    Arn
    Jimmy Hart
    Dusty
    Mike Tenay
    Schiavone
    Zbyszko
    JJ Dillon
    Bischoff
    Liz
    Celebrity..
    Rodman
    Malone
    Jay Leno (facepalm)

I know Bischoff complains about having Thunder thrown on him but surely that roster is enough to have 2 separate rosters to fill 2 shows? Like Raw is these days though I never liked Nitro being 3 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,182 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

The WCW roster through out 98 is insane when you look back at it...

I know Bischoff complains about having Thunder thrown on him but surely that roster is enough to have 2 separate rosters to fill 2 shows? Like Raw is these days though I never liked Nitro being 3 hours.

Reminds me of the best wrestling game in history: WCW / NWO Revenge (yes better than No Mercy! :p )

But has anyone watched nitro in recent years? It's nothing but the NWO. Constantly. Even in other matches the commentators are talking about Hogan etc.

Like I get it to a certain point in time as the NWO was the hottest angle in wrestling. However they milked that for everything it was worth!

So I wouldn't be surprised to hear a big reason why Bischoff hated Thunder was that he questioned to himself how he was gonna put more NWO stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

How had I never seen or heard of that before!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

What is single handedly the worst angle in pro wrestling of all time?

The Shockmaster

Hawk "The Addict" angle

Fake Razor and Diesel

The Anonymous Raw General Manager

David Arquette

David Flairs entire WCW run

Oh, and this

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've brought this up elsewhere but just thinking. How would people feel about Hulk Hogan having one final match against Randy Orton?

I know Hogan has been talking about having one more match at Wrestlemania, and Orton has been very solid since his feud with Edge started so i feel like Orton would be the perfect opponent for Hogan. They could reignite their 2006 feud with Orton finally getting his win over Hogan and retiring him for good. That way Hogan gets his final match in WWE and Orton can capitalize on the heel heat.

Thing about Orton is, a lot of times he can be fairly hit or miss, but when he is at his best he is one of the best performers in the company. So I feel like if anyone could get a decent feud and match out of Hogan it's Orton. They'd probably have to make it a street fight or some No DQ stipulation to accommodate for Hogan but I think it could work.

I just realized the two things Vince hates and fans have been crying out for years AEW are bringing back and doing it great job with is Tag Team wrestling and Managers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭ThePott

Does Vince hate managers? They use that gimmick quite a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

AEW do seem to overdo it. Like when was doing up the list of matches last week, so many were "accompanied by", whether manager, valet, coach, friend.

NXT uses managers but I remember when they brought AoP up, they got rid of Paul Ellering

AEW have done it great with jake and tazz but Arn seems pointless with Cody cause he doesn’t need one

But it is something when done right is great really hope Malcolm bevins gets his chance to shine in NXT

Can only think of a few whos worked well on the main roster zelina, lana at the start off the top of my head

Wrestling fans for gave and give out about the WWE rushing storylines.

Now fans give out about AEW slow build storylines being to slow.

A lot of Wrestling fans really are the worst kind of fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,120 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Robert Stone is the best manager in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,983 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Vince vs Stephanie in 2003 was a bit ****ed up

That whole year Vince seemed to be going through a mid life crisis. He had a load of matches and was showing off the guns a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭Riddle101

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Vince vs Stephanie in 2003 was a bit ****ed up

That whole year Vince seemed to be going through a mid life crisis. He had a load of matches and was showing off the guns a lot

Same year he feuded with Undertaker and said he would rape his wife. Sometimes I think Vince needs a filter.

Wrestling fans for gave and give out about the WWE rushing storylines.

Now fans give out about AEW slow build storylines being to slow.

A lot of Wrestling fans really are the worst kind of fans.

Yeah I know what you mean.
    You know the way in American football you got 'armchair quarterbacks' well in wrestling you have 'armchair bookers' . They think they can do better than WWE, AEW and what not.

Has anyone who made their name in a rival origination ever come into the WWE and be put over as much as AJ Styles without having to lay down for a WWE man.

AJ came in and has been a main man since and didn't seem to have to pay his WWE dues not bad for a 5ft9" guy from the Carolina's in the land of the giants.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,852 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

It helps to have Hogan on the company's shit list.

• Advertisement

Looks like Mansoor has adopted a version of the One Winged angel as his finisher on 205 Live

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerwon/status/1281795341168201732?s=21

Does Dave meltzer drink do we know ? I think AEW have talented tag teams but what the hell is meltzer on about.

So according to him AEW has a better tag team division than JCP/WCW, WWF in the eighties. Get up the yard. I also see that AEW top brass are splitting hairs over the total viewers now that nxt has won three weeks in a row now. And, yes I know the 18-34 demographic is an important one but to me more people watching is the bigger picture stat.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

It's an excellent wind up on Meltzer's part anyways. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Of the 15 championships in the WWE, 11 of them are held by People Of Colour.

I really want to Big E vs Brock headline Wrestlemania.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Genetic Jackhammer

I think everyone would love to see Big E snap and go on a heel rampage and killing all before him but sadly I think Big E is happy in the comedy act making solid money and you can't really blame him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Given Kofi got a run nobody saw coming I can see Big E getting a run without breaking up New Day. There's plenty of time for it to happen organically, especially on Smackdown.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Of the 15 championships in the WWE, 11 of them are held by People Of Colour.

At first I thought "There can't be that many titles" Then counted them up and there are actually 18

with low rating on all of the wrestling shows lately how low will they get when the NBA comes back an they go head to head with games could be even worse total viewers than before

• Advertisement

Funny to think that if Drew lost the belt before end of September he would have been WWE Champ without ever actually defending or winning it in front of fans (nxt guys and those friends of family dont count :p )

Advertisement