Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New slurry tank with dribble bar prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭alps

Reggie. wrote: »
    PM sent

👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Not putting up prices for machinery is one of the most annoying things going, it’s idiotic. If I’m looking at cars I immediately discount any car with no price and move on as it’s only an idiot selling that doesn’t put up a price.

But machinery and tractors it’s nearly the norm. It should be a rule in the journal and online etc that a price has to be up. In fairness some dealers do but most don’t. If I’m browsing I don’t want to have to be making a heap of calls to get a few prices and compare etc.

Issue with dealers is the straight sale price, versus a trade-in been taken would be a couple of grand either way but its very hard to explain this do some lads who reckon their trade-in is worth a fortune and if they see a straight sale price of 60k on a site when it would be 65k if taking their trade-in which they are over-valuing the rows start then

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

I think 2500 is nearly 13 tonnes is it not

Correct me if I'm wrong
    Eu gallon is 4.5 litres
    Density of cattle slurry is not quite 1000 kg a cubic metre so 2500 gallons roughly 11 ton

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Issue with dealers is the straight sale price, versus a trade-in been taken would be a couple of grand either way but its very hard to explain this do some lads who reckon their trade-in is worth a fortune and if they see a straight sale price of 60k on a site when it would be 65k if taking their trade-in which they are over-valuing the rows start then

The straight sale and trade in price is just a game with dealers too imo. The price should be the price. Charging more with a trade vs without is just messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

richie123 wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong
    Eu gallon is 4.5 litres
    Density of cattle slurry is not quite 1000 kg a cubic metre so 2500 gallons roughly 11 ton

I'll take that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Back to prices .a quick look through dd.
    Dribble bar for retro fitting 13 k approx
    Tank and dribble 33 +
    Tank on its own 18
    Dud see a shoe but i think they.are over 40

allowing for grant a second hand tank would have to be bought less than 8k@60% or 12 k @40% and allowing 13k for dribble bar.must be a load of perfectly good second hand tanks for sale at the moment but going by dd alot of guys cant work the calculater on the price

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭F5500

2600 Major with a dribble bar advertised on DD at €33,500 plus VAT. Hayes in Tipp have it up. Seems to have a bit of spec on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭alps

K.G. wrote: »
    allowing for grant a second hand tank would have to be bought less than 8k@60% or 12 k @40% and allowing 13k for dribble bar.must be a load of perfectly good second hand tanks for sale at the moment but going by dd alot of guys cant work the calculater on the price

Allow for the grant only being 32.5% of the price of a new one....most claimants not VAT registered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭davidk1394

From talking to few friends the Conor tank is the cheapest on the market but also the weakest. Welds around the back of the tank aren't strong enough to hold up the trailing shoe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭lalababa

richie123 wrote: »
    This is a massive problem with most dealerships.
    How bloody hard is it to give out a price on a machine.
    It always amazes me,there selling machines every week and don't seem to know the price when you ask for it.ill get back to ya is what you'll hear.absolute bull****.

That's the way in Ireland, same with EAs, used to be same with car garages and dealerships (done deal is putting an end to that). You have to chase them. Difficult to understand the phycology, must be a 'im not that bothered' approach and if you really want it you'll pay what I will eventually ask. Fighting from the higher ground sort of thing. There's also the sales technique 'im not pleased with you until you commit to purchase and then we'll be the best of friends' . Sad really but it works ..else they wouldn't do it.
    Of course a big one is keeping local clients in the dark (can't compare prices easily) and making them 'invest their time' in said dealership, as a phone call and visits will.

lalababa wrote: »
    That's the way in Ireland, same with EAs, used to be same with car garages and dealerships (done deal is putting an end to that). You have to chase them. Difficult to understand the phycology, must be a 'im not that bothered' approach and if you really want it you'll pay what I will eventually ask. Fighting from the higher ground sort of thing. There's also the sales technique 'im not pleased with you until you commit to purchase and then we'll be the best of friends' . Sad really but it works ..else they wouldn't do it.
    Of course a big one is keeping local clients in the dark (can't compare prices easily) and making them 'invest their time' in said dealership, as a phone call and visits will.

To be fair its only people that ask how much per month it is are going to buy.anybody that asks the price is a tight b#ll#cks thats too cute to get caught

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

lalababa wrote: »

Ya true I agree with you on those points u make.
    The more u chase them then the more they try to reel u in.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Why do some tankers have a chassis joining the barrell and others don’t ?
    Suppose the chassis one should be stronger ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭9935452

westlander wrote: »
    Why do some tankers have a chassis joining the barrell and others don’t ?
    Suppose the chassis one should be stronger ?

That might depend on the thickness of the steel in the wall of the tank

Seems to me the maserater is the thing to get right when buying a dribble bar.which one is the best/worst .mastek seems to work well around here.

K.G. wrote: »
    Seems to me the maserater is the thing to get right when buying a dribble bar.which one is the best/worst .mastek seems to work well around here.
    It’s funny no matter which manufacturer you talk to it’s “our macerator is the best”

Slurrquip/Mastek/Alrena/vogelsang/AgQuip/slurryspec seems the main ones. I wonder what are the vertical macerators like ?
    Joskin and newrock use these types which differ from the horizontal macerators

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Just heard someone local has gone over the 50k mark for a new tanker, I suppose sooner or later we'll all have to bite the bullet.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Just heard someone local has gone over the 50k mark for a new tanker, I suppose sooner or later we'll all have to bite the bullet.

Strong money must have been well spec'ed.
    50K euros worth would spread a lot of slurry by a contractor but each to their own!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Chopping when it fills as well. Trouble with contractor is waiting I suppose.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Who2

A lad that works with one of the tanker manufacturers was telling me they put out one at 78k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

blue5000 wrote: »

This it?

108209303_3017685835005355_8442731580065456140_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=FdeI-3h3IfcAX-qQSa2&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b7037ac302c2c717b758a9b9f57de6ca&oe=5F2F4BC9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

^^^

That is just ridiculous

^^^

That is just ridiculous

Has to be for america or that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

timple23 wrote: »
    This it?

108209303_3017685835005355_8442731580065456140_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=FdeI-3h3IfcAX-qQSa2&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=b7037ac302c2c717b758a9b9f57de6ca&oe=5F2F4BC9
    Tams grant working well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭roosterman71

It's an Irish reg on the truck

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭mengele

Surprised they didn't go the whole way and get it galvanised.

It's an Irish reg on the truck

Has to go to the port somehow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭jaymla627

Shes set up to pump to a umbilicail so i doubt its going to america, they woudlnt be know for messing around like that out their

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

It’s for drawing out from the tank under Dáil Éireann.

Advertisement