Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New slurry tank with dribble bar prices

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Morris Moss

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Should be mounted on a 4 point linkage for that kind of money, bought a ex-demo galvanised 2600 hi-spec spec the same as above with no t-shoe but set up for a 4 point linkage for 19k incl vat in 17, some price rises since

That was the agquip shoe, lad in hi spec said they have their own trailing shoe as well, but he had nothing in the yard with it

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭farmertipp

has anyone any opinion on autofill ?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Has anyone any experience of the dribble bar on the newrock setup?
    It’s a horizontal macerator as opposed too a vertical one. Don’t know anyone that has one to get feedback whereas Mastek and Slurryquip’s are well proven(vertical macerator)
    I hope I haven’t then mixed up ie horizontal/vertical.
    It’s the opposite to the other two anyhow.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Farmer_3650

Are Slurrykat tankers cheap at the moment? Alot of lads buying slurrykat tankers around here and we are only 15 mins from Major steel in ballyhaunis. I always thought slurrykat were expensive, but they must be reasonable value with so many new tankers around the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Are Slurrykat tankers cheap at the moment? Alot of lads buying slurrykat tankers around here and we are only 15 mins from Major steel in ballyhaunis. I always thought slurrykat were expensive, but they must be reasonable value with so many new tankers around the area.

Major are a serious price

• Advertisement

Reggie. wrote: »
    Major are a serious price

34500 inc vat for a 2400 gallon galvanised major
    Bn7 181 Nortec Tyres 800s
    11k pump
    Wide angle pto
    Full sight glass
    Lamps, beacon mud flaps
    7.5 mtr dB their own one.
    That was direct off major
    That was near 6 months ago now

Good vid here of tanker build from start to finish: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=p_y68toazYM

See at 1.35 onwards in the video there looks to be 2 different galvanised colours. One is really shiny galvanised and the other is a duller galvanised tank.
    Must be when it dries it goes to the duller colour is it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

westlander wrote: »
    Good vid here of tanker build from start to finish: https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=p_y68toazYM

See at 1.35 onwards in the video there looks to be 2 different galvanised colours. One is really shiny galvanised and the other is a duller galvanised tank.
    Must be when it dries it goes to the duller colour is it ?

Difference in colours is down to either the duller one being left out in the weather for a few weeks before being finished or just a fresh block of zinc dropped into the galvanising tank for the shinier finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

lefthooker wrote: »
    Galvanised 2250 on 800 R32 tyres
    7.5m dribble bar
    3 fill points
    Front sight tube
    Brakes, lights etc etc etc....

Abbey €35500
    Major €36000 - 37000 depending on dealer

Was that plus vat can you remember?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Iloverain

Was thinking of getting one with the tams grant . When is the new tranche of tams opening? Is it 60%you get of 40000 if you are a young farmer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭lefthooker

richie123 wrote: »
    Was that plus vat can you remember?

All figures are VAT inc.
    Of course prices may differ now due to the 21% rate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

Iloverain wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting one with the tams grant . When is the new tranche of tams opening? Is it 60%you get of 40000 if you are a young farmer.

On a tank costing 40 k you subtract 7 k vat and you get a grant of roughly 20 k so it ll cost you just 20 k

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

K.G. wrote: »
    On a tank costing 40 k you subtract 7 k vat and you get a grant of roughly 20 k so it ll cost you just 20 k

In most cases, it'll be 27k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,047 Mod ✭✭✭✭K.G.

In most cases, it'll be 27k

You mean at 40 %?
    40k -vat21% =33k
    33k ×.4 =, 13.2k +7 k in vat is 20.2 k

You mean at 40 %?
    40k -vat21% =33k

Can you claim vat back on a slurry tank? Didn't think you could?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Unless tis bolted down or your vat registered there is no vat reclaim I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Injuryprone

You mean at 40 %?
    40k -vat21% =33k

Yeah, my bad. Am used to working with 40%

Mooooo wrote: »

Yeah think your right, unless your vat registered obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

Mooooo wrote: »

With the price of them, they'd nearly want to be bolted down! :rolleyes:

What’s the orange pipe for here is it so the blow off from the valve doesn’t hit the tanker dish ?
    Wouldn’t see many like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭hopeso

What’s the orange pipe for here is it so the blow off from the valve doesn’t hit the tanker dish ?
    Wouldn’t see many like this

Yeah, it looks like it's to drain whatever oil comes out of the relief valve

I had a look at the Conor 7 m dribble bar lately.
    Have to say it's a very simple light setup..lovely job now.

I had a look at the Conor 7 m dribble bar lately.
    Have to say it's a very simple light setup..lovely job now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

A good Kerry company near Listowel.... I have heard having the mascerator in that position is a disaster... the first dribble bars/trailing shoes that came out in 07/08 had the mascerators that way and most if not all manufacturers now have them upright

A good Kerry company near Listowel.... I have heard having the mascerator in that position is a disaster... the first dribble bars/trailing shoes that came out in 07/08 had the mascerators that way and most if not all manufacturers now have them upright

A horizontal macerator...Joskin have similar. Not meant to be great if there’s stones as they have nowhere to go only down the pipes and get stuck. I was often wondering the same with these types they just don’t seem as popular where baled silage is concerned.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

Belmac 2500 here. Cost 16k Inc vat last year. Put a slurryquip dribble bar on it for 12k inc vat. So 28k total

Are these prices before vat?

Got a price of 40k inc vat for 2250 galvanized abbey 7.5m trailing shoe. I could get a grant of 60% on department reference costs of 32k excluding vat. But I was told I would have to lower my reference cost to get the grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,368 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

degetme wrote: »
    Are these prices before vat?

Got a price of 40k inc vat for 2250 galvanized abbey 7.5m trailing shoe. I could get a grant of 60% on department reference costs of 32k excluding vat. But I was told I would have to lower my reference cost to get the grant.

All inc vat

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭degetme

All inc vat

I see that now. I should have read it in more detail

• Advertisement

For longevity are the tanks with the chassis supporting the barrell like major, hi-spec and Conor (to name a few)better than the ones without ?
    Redrock and Belmac for example don’t have a chassis on their big single axle tankers but most others do.
    Are there any advantages to ones without chassis suppose they will be lighter to pull that’s about all..

Advertisement