Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New slurry tank with dribble bar prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

K.G. wrote: »
    January fine but march on i think you would want ground just grazed for dribble bar. Trailing shoe id better for longer grass

No comoarasiin beteween both t shoe wins every time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭Gods Gift

K.G. wrote: »
    January fine but march on i think you would want ground just grazed for dribble bar. Trailing shoe id better for longer grass

After seeing ours working a neighbor said he’d put pieces of spring steel in front of his dribble bar pipes to part the grass and get it directly onto the ground. Never did it though. Changed it for a shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭9935452

Reggie. wrote: »
    Well I know I was spreading with another tanker. I was managing 3 loads an hour or 4 and the other tanker 2. So between us we moved 12,500 gallons and hour and over 3 12hr days we practically emptied a 500,000 gallon tower.

All sorts of ground from paddocks to silage ground to maize ground covered over them days.

Umbilical isn't the saviour either. I wager we were as value for money as the umbilical and more versatile

What size tanks were ye using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

The guy we use can do 25k gallons an hour with 6 inch pipes.
    Definitely not the full answer to slurry spreading bit ideal for the land around the parlour

Yeah, old crowd had 160k gallons out in 8 hours including rolling out and rolling up. Not the full answer but I'd say 90% of our slurry goes out with it now, and in the correct time of year. All ground would be paddocks in the spring as well, I'd pick up the wire on silage ground so silage lads do less damage as ground is heavy. Operators make a big difference too tho. There was a lad at it before round the area and apparently he put a lot of lads off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

9935452 wrote: »
    What size tanks were ye using ?

Two 2500 tankers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Conor make a 2750 gallon as well as a 2500 gal tanker. Is 2750 gallons a bit too extreme for a single axle?
    Any owners of one on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

westlander wrote: »
    Conor make a 2750 gallon as well as a 2500 gal tanker. Is 2750 gallons a bit too extreme for a single axle?
    Any owners of one on here?

Friend of mine has a 2750 and I think it's way too extreme for one axle.
    Think of last February and tanks full and waterlogged conditions.
    2500 max for single axle.the biggest tyre u can buy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

The great thing with big tanks is you don't have to fill them. Our 2400 gallon, when filled until I see slurry in the rear sight glass is worth a few extra mph going up a steep hill and makes all the difference in touchy ground condition is early spring.

Have a smaller tank on russians we kept to do that kind of job but it is way worse. It feels heavier to pull despite being half the size. Wheels are the key.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Does any manufacturer make a dribble bar that can be used on a tanker and then taken off and used independently as part of an umbilical system? Or is that a stupid question and they all do that?

Panch18 wrote: »
    Does any manufacturer make a dribble bar that can be used on a tanker and then taken off and used independently as part of an umbilical system? Or is that a stupid question and they all do that?

Think abbey do but what would be the point

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Think abbey do but what would be the point

Well you'd have your umbilical system for land by the yard in winter and then you could put it on the tanker for drawing slurry in the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Gillespy wrote: »
    The great thing with big tanks is you don't have to fill them. Our 2400 gallon, when filled until I see slurry in the rear sight glass is worth a few extra mph going up a steep hill and makes all the difference in touchy ground condition is early spring.

Have a smaller tank on russians we kept to do that kind of job but it is way worse. It feels heavier to pull despite being half the size. Wheels are the key.

Which tyres are easiest to pull?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

MR NEWROCK's dribble bar is like that it can be lifted off see here:
    https://newrockengineering.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Dribble-Bar-PDF.pdf

i think some others are like that too but not 100% certain.

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Which tyres are easiest to pull?

800s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Height is as important in tanker wheels. Less resistance with taller wheels. Probably a compromise in that going by how many tanks you hear about capsizing. Ours is on 28.1 R26, not the biggest, still a big wheel and you'll know it if you have to take it on or off but very stable going in gaps etc.

Gillespy wrote: »
    Height is as important in tanker wheels. Less resistance with taller wheels. Probably a compromise in that going by how many tanks you hear about capsizing. Ours is on 28.1 R26, not the biggest, still a big wheel and you'll know it if you have to take it on or off but very stable going in gaps etc.

Yes but companies like slurry spec or major do an axle built through the tank to lower it great idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭GrasstoMilk

richie123 wrote: »
    Friend of mine has a 2750 and I think it's way too extreme for one axle.
    Think of last February and tanks full and waterlogged conditions.
    2500 max for single axle.the biggest tyre u can buy too.

Major make a 3100 on single axle.
    Know of 2 not far from me

Two 2500 tankers

Id be assuming the slurry was pure water.
    2300 gallon hispec here and the best i managed with it was 3 loads an hour in thickish slurry in a draw beside the yard.
    She was able to fill a load of water in 3 minutes . Slurry took 5 minutes or more.

Afaik hispec do a 3000 gallon on a single axel too

9935452 wrote: »
    Id be assuming the slurry was pure water.
    2300 gallon hispec here and the best i managed with it was 3 loads an hour in thickish slurry in a draw beside the yard.
    She was able to fill a load of water in 3 minutes . Slurry took 5 minutes or more.

Was out of a tower. One tanker had a mocha and I had the dribble bars. You would be nearly empty quicker than you load

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭alps

Well I know I was spreading with another tanker. I was managing 3 loads an hour or 4 and the other tanker 2. So between us we moved 12,500 gallons and hour and over 3 12hr days we practically emptied a 500,000 gallon tower.

All sorts of ground from paddocks to silage ground to maize ground covered over them days.

Umbilical isn't the saviour either. I wager we were as value for money as the umbilical and more versatile

Reggie....dont want to know how much you guys charge, butvany way you could throw a figure on how much the 500,000 galls took to clear..

Only interested as we move the same amount and comparing..

alps wrote: »
    Reggie....dont want to know how much you guys charge, butvany way you could throw a figure on how much the 500,000 galls took to clear..

Only interested as we move the same amount and comparing..

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 18,505 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

This is a massive problem with most dealerships.
    How bloody hard is it to give out a price on a machine.
    It always amazes me,there selling machines every week and don't seem to know the price when you ask for it.ill get back to ya is what you'll hear.absolute bull****.

It’s just the DoneDeal mentality

Put the god damn price on the website and it makes life easier for everyone.

Really irksome to see an add for something with no price.
    Then “no time wasters” often with “ring for price”, really, who’s the ****in time waster now !

_Brian wrote: »
    It’s just the DoneDeal mentality

Put the god damn price on the website and it makes life easier for everyone.

Really irksome to see an add for something with no price.
    Then “no time wasters” often with “ring for price”, really, who’s the ****in time waster now !

Sorry for going off topic but that’s exactly how I’d place an add of a lad sees an add with something he’d like to buy he’ll ring no matter what on done deal you’ll have utter time wasters ringing you.ive just found you have less but putting no price etc .always put detailed description and pictures tho and if I think a lad is wasting my time or no interest it’s a short call

Maddness.triaxle (steering)once over 3000 gallons.
    You'd destroy soft going ground over 3000 gallons singleaxle.
    3000 gallons is 13 tonne without weight of tanker itself.... maddness I say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭hopeso

Yes, a neighbor here got an Abbey like that this year. He got the pump on the tanker that’s capable of pumping a long distance, so on bad ground he puts the bar on the tractor and feeds it from the tanker (on a second tractor)

Maddness.triaxle (steering)once over 3000 gallons.
    You'd destroy soft going ground over 3000 gallons singleaxle.
    3000 gallons is 13 tonne without weight of tanker itself.... maddness I say :)

I think 2500 is nearly 13 tonnes is it not

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Sorry for going off topic but that’s exactly how I’d place an add of a lad sees an add with something he’d like to buy he’ll ring no matter what on done deal you’ll have utter time wasters ringing you.ive just found you have less but putting no price etc .always put detailed description and pictures tho and if I think a lad is wasting my time or no interest it’s a short call

Put up the price and save urself a heap of calls we all have budgets and if that price is nowhere near our budget we just won't ring full stop can never understand lads not putting up a price on there adds.

Put up the price and save urself a heap of calls we all have budgets and if that price is nowhere near our budget we just won't ring full stop can never understand lads not putting up a price on there adds.

U get them either way just found ive less with no price

• Advertisement

Not putting up prices for machinery is one of the most annoying things going, it’s idiotic. If I’m looking at cars I immediately discount any car with no price and move on as it’s only an idiot selling that doesn’t put up a price.

But machinery and tractors it’s nearly the norm. It should be a rule in the journal and online etc that a price has to be up. In fairness some dealers do but most don’t. If I’m browsing I don’t want to have to be making a heap of calls to get a few prices and compare etc.

Advertisement