Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gw36+ transfer thread

Options

Comments

I think I will be selling Vardy as I move to a 3-5-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Tempted to ship out KDB for Sterling or David Silva - is he playing deeper lately or just getting unlucky not to be on the final pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,861 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tempted to ship out KDB for Sterling or David Silva - is he playing deeper lately or just getting unlucky not to be on the final pass?

Sterling surely not starting against Bournemouth after just playing the full 90 when he could have been taken off in preparation?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hit the post (i think) from a free and Jesus hit the bar from one of his passes.

A few breaks and he has 20+ in last two games

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    Sterling surely not starting against Bournemouth after just playing the full 90 when he could have been taken off in preparation?

He didn't play any minutes against Burnley in GW30+, followed by full 90 against Chelsea and 78 minutes against Liverpool.

He was then taken off before 60 minutes against Southampton, played less than half an hour against Newcastle and got the full 90 yesterday.

That looks like a lot of minutes managed for him recently so I can see him starting the next day and then being taken off around 65 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Benimar wrote: »
    Current thinking is Mahrez and Kane to Salah and Ings with my 2FT

Nailed on bar an Ings injury

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

shineon23 wrote: »
    DDG (Button)

Azpilicueta-Doherty-Digne-(KWP-Tanganga)

Pulisic-Son-Bruno-KDB-Sterling

Ings-Jesus(Greenwood)
    Also FH'ing and basically have your team but Willian instead of Son

DDG
    Azpilicueta - Doherty - Digne (Stephens/Taylor)
    Pulisic Willian Sterling KDB Bruno
    Ings Jesus (Greenwood)

Plan B has
    Mahrez/Giroud instead of Willian/Jesus
    Also gives fund for another 5.5 defender on the bench for emergency

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Kane was a tragic mistake 3 gameweeks ago. Thinking of Jesus to accompany greenwood and vardy.

He didn't play any minutes against Burnley in GW30+, followed by full 90 against Chelsea and 78 minutes against Liverpool.

He was then taken off before 60 minutes against Southampton, played less than half an hour against Newcastle and got the full 90 yesterday.

That looks like a lot of minutes managed for him recently so I can see him starting the next day and then being taken off around 65 minutes.
    But FA Cup is the complete priority for them now. The Bournemouth game is nothing really. If they weren't planning on resting him they would have surely taken him off like they did De Bruyne and Jesus when the game was won.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Vardy to ings or giroud as planned
    Then a long hard think on whether to get sterling on for salah and captain him as a blocker
    I might have to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Vardy to ings or giroud as planned
    Then a long hard think on whether to get sterling on for salah and captain him as a blocker
    I might have to

I'm thinking Giroud this week and Ings in for him the following week

Green&Red wrote: »
    I'm thinking Giroud this week and Ings in for him the following week

As am I
    Going to wait for team news

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Can’t imagine West Ham Watford being a high scoring affair, given there’s so much at stake. Might chance Willian instead of Antonio on FH. I do realise how stupid I’ll look if that backfires...

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SameOleJay

Jimi to Ings done last night, am not going without him against Brighton.

2nd is much tougher. Auba to Jesus a possibility, Martinez to Pope another. It's too much surgery I think to get Antonio or Pulisic in as a 5th mid so will have to live without. Would also leave an impossible bench decision which I never enjoy.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Can’t imagine West Ham Watford being a high scoring affair, given there’s so much at stake. Might chance Willian instead of Antonio on FH. I do realise how stupid I’ll look if that backfires...

That’s not stupid imo
    It’s sensible
    Chelsea have a much better fixture and he is on all set pieces
    Even if he will never ever be in my team again

• Registered Users Posts: 12,366 ✭✭✭✭siblers

sheroman01 wrote: »

Moyes is quite negative so that's good logic, can't see him trying to set up West Ham to be too attacking

siblers wrote: »
    Moyes is quite negative so that's good logic, can't see him trying to set up West Ham to be too attacking

Given that city will presumably have beaten Bournemouth by then a draw will probably still be enough for both teams .......

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

CSF wrote: »
    But FA Cup is the complete priority for them now. The Bournemouth game is nothing really. If they weren't planning on resting him they would have surely taken him off like they did De Bruyne and Jesus when the game was won.

It's a guessing game as always with Pep. He has mentioned integrity before about facing relegation threatened teams in the home stretch so I don't see him making lots of changes.

I think he'll make 3 or 4 changes and if the game is looking like it's won he'll be quick to haul off the big boys around the 65' mark.

Saying that I think KDB and Mahrez will be benched. KDB as he's their most important player and Mahrez because he has played a lot of minutes in the last 7.

Why did I buy Vardy, Leicester look awful..

Is the move to Ings worth a minus 4

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Why did I buy Vardy, Leicester look awful..

Is the move to Ings worth a minus 4

Because you wanted him to score a goal and get bonus for you maybe :pac:

• Advertisement

Because you wanted him to score a goal and get bonus for you maybe :pac:

Well the other option was Jesus....

Always preferred the Ings fixtures this week onwards. Guess see how he goes tomorrow.

I trust Vardy, its the rest of that team.......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Well the other option was Jesus....

Always preferred the Ings fixtures this week onwards. Guess see how he goes tomorrow.

I trust Vardy, its the rest of that team.......

Yeah I’ve always felt Rodgers has gotten the best out of Leicester. Is Maddison due back? I understand your difficult situation re sticking or switching Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Tiger Roll

Vardy out for a one game punt on Giroud against Norwich , then giroud out for Ings for last 2 games

Vardy -> Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Gru in for vardy or rashy. Will decide after tomorrow night

Ings looks the flavour of the month so I’ll probably get him in for the final 3 games and his run for the golden boot.

Free transfers very valuable now.

Bit of a headache not owning any Man City players now.

Bournemouth got a result today but were appalling early in the game and for the first half. In fact they had the opportunity, today, handed to them on a plate by Leicester.

Man City start games with such intent that I’m afraid to go without. It could be a case of 3 goals in first 20 minutes.

Bit of a headache not owning any Man City players now.

Bournemouth got a result today but were appalling early in the game and for the first half. In fact they had the opportunity, today, handed to them on a plate by Leicester.

Man City start games with such intent that I’m afraid to go without. It could be a case of 3 goals in first 20 minutes.

If Ake is out, rotated City are going to pummel them.

Currently thinking of bringing in jesus and foden, think Bournemouth could get a pasting and will probably treble captain a city player but risky no doubt

• Advertisement

Currently thinking of bringing in jesus and foden, think Bournemouth could get a pasting and will probably treble captain a city player but risky no doubt

If you want to challenge ElTel for legendary status you’ll TC Foden.

Advertisement