Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luke Kelly statue vandalised

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Full segment on the 9 O'Clock RTE News tonight. Lads are probably cracking their holes laughing. One salt of de Earth resident says the people that did it aren't from the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,904 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If somebody put up a statue of Martina Navratilova on my road, I might think... I’ve no interest, connection to, liking of the statue, I don’t care for it, I don’t understand why it’s there, I’ll just shrug my shoulders and get on with my life though... I’ve more things to be excited about and indeed exacerbated about than a statue of a somebody... somebody likes it, loves it, great, they should in a free democracy have the freedom and pleasure of enjoying it and appreciating it...

To spoil and damage something that a person spent a great deal of their time, effort and talent so others might appreciate, just makes you a cünt, your social whatever, status, challenges, lack of opportunities doesn’t give you a hall pass to break the law, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fryup wrote: »
    but why Luke why Luke Kelly did he do something bad? did he badmouth someone something that some people may hold a grudge??

Why Luke Kelly? Out of all the statues on Sheriff street like?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 Porky Pig 2020

This statue and the sean Russel statue has been claimed by the LGBT community you can find the person who claimed it on behalf of this community on Facebook were he posted it his name is Jake doyle.
    What they gain to achieve from these acts when all it gains is anger towards them is mind boggling..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,158 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This statue and the sean Russel statue has been claimed by the LGBT community you can find the person who claimed it on behalf of this community on Facebook were he posted it his name is Jake doyle.
    What they gain to achieve from these acts when all it gains is anger towards them is mind boggling..

Is it not just plain old vandalism?

People break **** and wreck **** just cos its there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Omackeral wrote: »
    Full segment on the 9 O'Clock RTE News tonight. Lads are probably cracking their holes laughing. One salt of de Earth resident says the people that did it aren't from the area.
    Those damm pesky kids coming in from Foxrock again.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Local scaldys have vandalised this statue again. Time to move it tbh, the locals have had their say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭KevRossi

EcvkYFfWAAYCvCw?format=jpg&name=large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭KevRossi

Statement from the Northwall Community Association on the ongoing vandalism.

EcvkYQaWkAA0Q4M?format=jpg&name=large
    EcvkYFjWsAAxfHF?format=jpg&name=medium

imme wrote: »
    Oh but these people are disadvantaged, they don't have schools, health services, public housing, we must do more for these people, some people will say.

:mad:
    Where has anybody said that in reply to this obnoxious vandalism?

Can you point out anyone who's said anything like that? People love to get themselves worked up about things they imagine someone might say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,354 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Ah not again ffs

So they want even more money spent protecting it when it's locals causing the issues?

Call a spade a spade. It's scumbags from sheriff street/ oriel street that are doing it. Move it into Northwall if you want but move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Don't care where Luke came from. The area don't deserve that statue.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Keep giving them publicity and they’ll keep doing it.

So they want even more money spent protecting it when it's locals causing the issues?

Call a spade a spade. It's scumbags from sheriff street/ oriel street that are doing it. Move it into Northwall if you want but move it.

You know of course that its "people coming in to the area " thats doing it. Probably from Foxrock or Dalkey

It bugs me that the plan of action is to move the statue, put it in mid air, or put a railing around it.

Not catch the scumbags doing it and punish them harshly. Why can't they clean it off over the weekend and stick a camera up to see what time of day it gets damaged. Then clean it off again next week, and park an unmarked Garda car across the road around the time of the expected visit, and catch them with a good battening and into a cell for the night?

Edgware wrote: »
    You know of course that its "people coming in to the area " thats doing it. Probably from Foxrock or Dalkey

Such a stupid comment. Do you actually read the tripe you post? :rolleyes:

Those people are far too busy dumping in halting sites to have time to be vandalising statues. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

I think it's time to stop bloody publicising everytime it get vandalised..... Young scumbags have a choice and unfortunately it's always going to be to vandalise something that makes the news.

Those people are far too busy dumping in halting sites to have time to be vandalising statues. :P

Sorry my mistake. Sure its Northside. The Malahide/Howth statue squad probably did it

It bugs me that the plan of action is to move the statue, put it in mid air, or put a railing around it.

Not catch the scumbags doing it and punish them harshly. Why can't they clean it off over the weekend and stick a camera up to see what time of day it gets damaged. Then clean it off again next week, and park an unmarked Garda car across the road around the time of the expected visit, and catch them with a good battening and into a cell for the night?

Because that would take up a Garda car that the scum would see a mile away (where should it be parked by the way that the locals won't see it and rat the guards out?)

Cost a few grand for the camera (there is already one that can see the statue but it's used for other areas as well).

While also ignoring the fact that to are taking about career Criminals who are the offspring of career Criminals who don't care about a night in a cell or a court date.

I'll ignore the baton aspect. Gardai won't be losing their jobs and going to jail over a local vandalising a local statue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Fair enough, by process of elimination it must be the Amish then.

Fair enough, by process of elimination it must be the Amish then.

It's probably the guards, judges and solicitors trying to blacken names and keep themselves in jobs.

At this point I'd bet its the same person/s doing it each time.

If it happened 7 times over a long span it could be 7 different people but at this point it's obvious it's the same person/s.

Because that would take up a Garda car that the scum would see a mile away (where should it be parked by the way that the locals won't see it and rat the guards out?)

While also ignoring the fact that to are taking about career Criminals who are the offspring of career Criminals who don't care about a night in a cell or a court date.

I'll ignore the baton aspect. Gardai won't be losing their jobs and going to jail over a local vandalising a local statue.

You could easily do it. I know every Garda car in my area, marked and unmarked. But I still got caught off guard when I seen one on the M1 recently. An unmarked Volvo. Was completely shocked when I seen it's lights come on.

You just need one of the lesser used cars. There's lots of parking along that road that could be used. It'd likely take up a night of a Garda car, maybe two if they're unlucky. And it'd be well worth it. The Gardai could do a bit of paperwork in the car overnight and catch up on things, or just watch Youtube for a few hours.

Then you have the people responsible. Don't give them a slap on the wrist, give them a month in a cell and then look at how the Statue remains untouched indefinitely afterwards. Turning a blind eye or spending half a million on security measures is the go-to for dealing with crime in Ireland and it doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

This is like the phantom sh1tter at work. Everyone in the company except senior management and HR knows who it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

This is like the phantom sh1tter at work. Everyone in the company except senior management and HR knows who it is.

It's obviously Frank the dirty bastard.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Why is this even news?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Omackeral wrote: »
    Keep giving them publicity and they’ll keep doing it.

Do you really think these people listen to, or read the news?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,978 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Do you really think these people listen to, or read the news?

they might see a link on facebook about it id say, rather than watching RTE news or reading the Irish times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

pgj2015 wrote: »
    they might see a link on facebook about it id say, rather than watching RTE news or reading the Irish times.

Perhaps, if this is true then the mentality is astounding

Advertisement