Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Still not sure about carrying 7-8 grand in cash though.. And Richard T, do you not sign the log book and then send it away? You did'nt buy it without a logbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Still not sure about carrying 7-8 grand in cash though.. And Richard T, do you not sign the log book and then send it away? You did'nt buy it without a logbook?

Signed it when I bought it. The seller is supposed to post it and I was in work and couldnt get away. Take a pic of the log book etc. Bring a friend If you are taking a large sum of cash. Try and meet at the sellers home. There are lots of precautions to take. If I was buying a second hand bike for 8k upwards I would insist on a good test ride and not just around the block.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

No one is going to let you test ride their bike without cash way too risky.

Very few private individuals will take bank transfers, cheques or bank drafts again a risk to the seller.

Not many people will meet at their house they'll go to a petrol station or car park as bikes are incredibly easy to steal.

Seller sends the log book not you the buyer.

If you're uncomfortable with it I'd advise going through a dealer because ultimately its the sellers asset to sell and decide how things will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

Revolut the way to go for this stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Revolut the way to go for this stuff.

Would have been but my seller didn't have it, and had never heard of it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭rock22

lennymc wrote: »

lots of photos from the back but none from the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

rock22 wrote: »
    lots of photos from the back but none from the front.

I'd never buy a bike from someone that doesn't even know how to spell the name properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,145 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Another VFR for small money.
    Very little info on ad.
    Can that milage be right I wonder.
    Comes with twin Leo's so should sound great.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/honda-vfr-v-tec/25306679

D3V!L wrote: »
    I'd never buy a bike from someone that doesn't even know how to spell the name properly.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'm a grammar nazi, but spelling has zero correlation with taking care of a bike. Silly way to filter potential bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Guy who lives near me once got a custom embroidered saddle made up for his bike
    it said "DOEVILLE" :pac:

ABS light is on on that bike...

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Miscreant

ABS light is on on that bike...

If the Deauville is anything like the Pan European then the ABS light will go out when you ride a short distance. The wheels need to turn for the ABS self test to happen so I would not worry about what is in the picture.

ABS stays on on a lot of bikes until it moves - it's whatever way the sensors are set up from the factory.

Didn't know that, have never owned a bike with ABS...

On the wife's car the light just goes out after a couple of seconds even if you haven't moved off.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Didn't know that, have never owned a bike with ABS...

On the wife's car the light just goes out after a couple of seconds even if you haven't moved off.

feckin' new fangled 1950's technology... grrr. :)
    Speaking of which, i've only recently ridden a bike with cruise control - it just feels weird.

lennymc wrote: »
    feckin' new fangled 1950's technology... grrr. :)
    Speaking of which, i've only recently ridden a bike with cruise control - it just feels weird.

Believe it or not, long long ago I had cruise control on an 1983 American CX650.

SV1k is my first bike with a digital speedo, and km/h to boot! (although you can press buttons to change it to MPH or back again if you really want...)

The Sprint ST came with a Throttlemeister - turn the bar end weight and it jammed the throttle open at whatever position you want. I never used it.

SV1k is my first bike with a digital speedo, and km/h to boot! (although you can press buttons to change it to MPH or back again if you really want...)

The Sprint ST came with a Throttlemeister - turn the bar end weight and it jammed the throttle open at whatever position you want. I never used it.

i dont think i would use it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭H_Lime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

blade1 wrote: »

Bwahahahaha Not a snowballs chance in hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

blade1 wrote: »

Ad is gone. He must read the thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I'll be a tad cheeky and stick my own ad up here:

http://www.adverts.ie/20842112

I've had the Four for five years now, she's never given me issues beyond servicing and getting the reg/rec replaced which is a common Honda issue.

Would love to see another beginner take her on and learn on her as she was perfect for me to learn on.
    Price is flexible, just has the usual Adverts / Donedeal increase to stop getting daft offers and swaps for all sorts :D

GBX wrote: »

Sold I'd say! :pac:

GBX wrote: »

What was it? never mind, can see from the link it was a CBR250 - mad money!

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-gsxs-1000f/25395745
    I have a feeling that if I could get past the fact they're unforgivable ugly it could be a perfect fast bike for me.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/suzuki-rf400r/25395667
    New one on me, never knew they existed.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/kawasaki-er-5-swap-car/25371872
    The exclusive executive model

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/kawasaki-versys-650/25326722
    Very capable yokes these

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2016-ducati-scrambler-800-lots-of-extras/25393285
    Yam xsr looks better

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprilia-tuono-05/25289464
    New sprag n all, wonder did he fix the cause. Would like this but would fit a proper exh.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,708 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Why wouldn't you just pay the vrt. If he brought it in , it's for a reason. Sure its cheap as he says....

• Advertisement

Money n hassle I'd say?
    Horrible lookin things, but like I say...

Advertisement