Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikes on donedeal, ebay, adverts etc..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,632 ✭✭✭✭listermint

H_Lime wrote: »
    Money n hassle I'd say?
    Horrible lookin things, but like I say...

In fairness they are very top heavy. Looks like it has large shoulders.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Wow that is mint - unsurprisingly given the low mileage. Price is not a lot different to lots of others on done deal looking for about the same € with 40K miles up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Very very clean Fazer. Good money for that condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Will be snapped up I'd say. Looks minty fresh as a button.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprilia-tuono-05/25289464
    New sprag n all, wonder did he fix the cause. Would like this but would fit a proper exh.

I could be wrong but I thought I saw that Tuono for sale in Cork about 5 months ago.
    What's with the tail end I wonder.
    Yeah exhaust is gammy.

Also, that Suzuki truly is grosser than gross!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

gn3dr wrote: »
    Wow that is mint - unsurprisingly given the low mileage. Price is not a lot different to lots of others on done deal looking for about the same € with 40K miles up.

Jaysus, that's 13 years older than bike and looks newer. XD

zubair wrote: »
    Jaysus, that's 13 years older than bike and looks newer. XD

Years mean nothing.

blade1 wrote: »
    Years mean nothing.

Haha, I know. Well maybe the new owner might actually ride it. This bike has not been loved. XD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Do you take it as read that you have to haggle or do some people stick to the asking price? I would expect maybe 10% off, even more depending on tyres chain and condition etc Or would that be classed as a time waster/tyre kicker?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Banana Republic.

Do you take it as read that you have to haggle or do some people stick to the asking price? I would expect maybe 10% off, even more depending on tyres chain and condition etc Or would that be classed as a time waster/tyre kicker?

Call the seller instead of messaging and ask is there wiggle room, most sellers have o.n.o on it so you’d be foolish to pay the advertised price. I think a respectful bid starts off on the right note. 10% is alot off for a bike or selling anything. If you ring it definitely gives you more credibility. I’d guess most ppl would do business if they didn’t feel disrespected from the start.

• Advertisement

Call the seller instead of messaging and ask is there wiggle room, most sellers have o.n.o on it so you’d be foolish to pay the advertised price. I think a respectful bid starts off on the right note. 10% is alot off for a bike or selling anything. If you ring it definitely gives you more credibility. I’d guess most ppl would do business if they didn’t feel disrespected from the start.

So true. Personally I assume there's room for haggling, buying or selling. A call is definitely better received than the message and better to make an offer having viewed it. If you're genuinely interested you want to win over the seller a bit.

I've just sold a fairly expensive car on Done Deal and was getting stupid low ball offers by message left right and centre from lads who think I must be desperate. I sold it to a guy who rang me.

So true. Personally I assume there's room for haggling, buying or selling. A call is definitely better received than the message and better to make an offer having viewed it. If you're genuinely interested you want to win over the seller a bit.

I've just sold a fairly expensive car on Done Deal and was getting stupid low ball offers by message left right and centre from lads who think I must be desperate. I sold it to a guy who rang me.

That lowballing gets your back up massively and it’s like most sales you sell easier to someone you have rapport with. Those lowball texters must be the worst on the planet, chancers central, I wouldn’t meet them in a police station lol couldn’t trust them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I won't deal with people that haggle on the phone, if they start lowballing I just say good bye and hang up.
    You have to be in front of the person to make an offer, otherwise its disrespectful and insulting.
    How can you possibly make a meaningful offer if you haven't seen it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭dmigsy

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I won't deal with people that haggle on the phone, if they start lowballing I just say good bye and hang up.
    You have to be in front of the person to make an offer, otherwise its disrespectful and insulting.
    How can you possibly make a meaningful offer if you haven't seen it?

You can save both parties a lot of time by making an offer over the phone and striking an agreement in principle. It's based on a stated assumption that if the bike is as described this is what I'm offering. You either accept or reject the offer, very simple. I'd rather someone low-balled me over the phone than wasted my time arranging to meet up and doing it in person.

Equally, I'm not travelling halfway across the country to have a chat with a lad who has over-priced his bike and isn't willing to budge.

The comment that an offer over the phone is "disrespectful and insulting" makes you sound like a Victorian lady :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

I sold my last two bikes over the phone without either party seeing them in person. Just a video and some good photos on donedeal. They weren't cheap machines either. Both paid very close to asking with little haggling. I always put them up for more than I want and leaves me with some wiggle room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Obviously depends on the bike - if somebody is buying a fairly newer GS1200, the expectation is that they have the 10-15k ready to spend and the deal can be worked out. They'll be more knowledgeable of what they want and willing to spend. Whereas the other end of the market lads know there can be such a difference in standards of bikes on Donedeal and lads don't want to match the asking price because they have nowhere near the cash to start with and that's when the messing starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Well one things that's for certain gona highlight how fookin mentally unstable the average Irish motorcyclist can be is the buying and selling of bikes.
    I've had them all over the years in both camps as a buyer seller. Highlights include a seller who removed the reg plate as he didn't want me to know it until I'd handed over cash and a buyer who claimed I was selling a ringer as the jap font used on the stamped headstock looked wrong lol.
    Fcuk all a yis! :pac:

Well one things that's for certain gona highlight how fookin mentally unstable the average Irish motorcyclist can be is the buying and selling of bikes.
    I've had them all over the years in both camps as a buyer seller. Highlights include a seller who removed the reg plate as he didn't want me to know it until I'd handed over cash and a buyer who claimed I was selling a ringer as the jap font used on the stamped headstock looked wrong lol.
    Fcuk all a yis! :pac:

I had a guy pull out of the sale of a bike last year because I did a oil change on it. He just couldn't fathom why on an extremely low mileage bike that sits up for long periods might need a change every 6 - 12 months. He pulled out of the sale because of it. :rolleyes:

Nowt weirder than folk ;)

I always like to save something to put towards insurance or even 3 months tax, makes me feel like I got a deal but if something I’is exactly what I want I’ve no bother meeting the price asked for, easier get the vibe when you meet someone face to face. Never agreed a price in principal but not average to it either if all worked out. Just need a bit of luck with any sale or buy I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

What's your best price?
    What will you take for it?
    Whats your last price?

That's the kind of lowball low standard buyer I am talking about.
    Most people know there is a bit of wiggle room built in, but I can't stand someone asking me to bid myself down.
    Its the rules of engagement, You have to be a a good buyer as well as a good seller.
    I'm not talking about mentaller's, there are plenty of them already.

Come and see it and then we will discuss it if you are interested in the bike enough to travel then I am prepared to talk.
    That's the way I work, that said I have sold most of mine to people I know, they know the bikes and know how I maintain them and happily bought them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭dmigsy

What's your best price?
    Whats your last price?

That's the kind of lowball low standard buyer I am talking about.
    Most people know there is a bit of wiggle room built in, but I can't stand someone asking me to bid myself down.
    Its the rules of engagement, You have to be a a good buyer as well as a good seller.
    I'm not talking about mentaller's, there are plenty of them already.

Come and see it and then we will discuss it if you are interested in the bike enough to travel then I am prepared to talk.
    That's the way I work, that said I have sold most of mine to people I know, they know the bikes and know how I maintain them and happily bought them.

You're 100% right - always refuse to bid yourself down. My standard answer to all the above is "Make me an offer". I have no interest in someone coming to view or me going to look at a bike/car if we're not in the same ballpark on price before arranging a meet.

What's your best price?
    Whats your last price?

Exactly the rubbish I was dealing with, whats your lowest price... I'm not telling you that, make me an offer.

The ones who were 5k off the dealers offers really killed me though. Another great one is, there's one for sale in Dublin and its X amount, so why are you calling me, go buy it?!

I shouldn't moan about them too much though as I took great pleasure in coming up with different PFO responses.

Exactly the rubbish I was dealing with, whats your lowest price... I'm not telling you that, make me an offer.

The ones who were 5k off the dealers offers really killed me though. Another great one is, there's one for sale in Dublin and its X amount, so why are you calling me, go buy it?!

I shouldn't moan about them too much though as I took great pleasure in coming up with different PFO responses.

My friend said that, ask what’s your lowest price? lol like wtf sure you’d advertise that if you’d tell someone straight off. I couldn’t prearrange a price until I visually see it, get it looked at and have a reasonable price in my head where we could work between it if they have o.n.o on the listing or if they say come view and make me an offer. Won’t have any luck being an ass about it, at the end of the day you’re buying a machine someone “hopefully” looked after and will be a good investment for yourself, in reality most things you buy are fairly priced if you do your homework. Don’t get me wrong I’ll save as much as I can so I can invest into the bike or car. From reading up on bikes and looking at my friends bikes it’s great to add your own stamp to it, bikes seem much more customisable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2003-suzuki-bandit-600-finance-available/25417411

Can this seller realistically expect to get 4k for a 17-year-old bandit, I mean been realistic, and some sellers wounded why they get time wasters and tyre kickers.

Even if the bike is 100% I would say 3K myself.

Dan.

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/2003-suzuki-bandit-600-finance-available/25417411

Can this seller realistically expect to get 4k for a 17-year-old bandit, I mean been realistic, and some sellers wounded why they get time wasters and tyre kickers.

It's clearly been down on those engine bars too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

I'm very out of touch with bike prices (I haven't been on a bike for 15 years), but have been looking at bikes a lot recently and that dealer seems to be expensive on all bikes they have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

After reading them comments I knew it was going to be that dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

His name alone makes me bum clench..............:D

That's madness!

• Advertisement

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprilia-tuono-05/25289464
    New sprag n all, wonder did he fix the cause. Would like this but would fit a proper exh.

What are u waiting for, it's practically begging u to buy it :pac:

https://www.donedeal.ie/motorbikes-for-sale/aprilia-tuono/25464219

Advertisement