Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

And 85€ for a pair and tubes from mantel and free shipping best value

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭rayman1

They're 38.19 each from Rose

When you add €10 delivery they are cheaper from CRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

Tony04 wrote: »

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭headbanger.

Pair of Vittoria Rubino Pro 3 tyres for 29 euro from CRC:

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/vittoria-rubino-pro-clincher-25c-black-tyres/rp-prod183132

I bought them about two weeks ago and stock was sold out in 2 days that time, back in stock again now. Have done only 1 ride on them so far but find them to be excellent mid range tyres - comparing them to slightly more expensive Continental Ultra Sport 2 and Michelin Lithion 2 which I used in the past I didn't notice an increase in a rolling resistance but they seem to be tougher tyres with thicker tread. Comfortable and easy to mount too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Tony04 wrote: »

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Continental/Grand-Prix-5000-28-Folding-Tyre-Set-Race-28-Tubes-p68606/

71.31 & 10.00 P&P = 81.31 from Bike Components.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭Tony04

Impressive, 50 quid saving from my local bike shop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbon UST Wheelset 2020

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/mavic-cosmic-pro-carbon-ust-wheelset-2020/rp-prod193194

€766 for Carbon Deep Section Wheels by Mavic

• Registered Users Posts: 23,469 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Halfords
    4 tubes for e12

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

This thread is for bargains ONLY. It is not a recommendations thread. If you want recommendations or have questions about what a shop stocks start a new thread or use the search function.
    Posts moved.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Here can we cut out the lidl talk. There a whole thread dedicated to lidl and aldi bargains. Take it there, or take it to PM. We get endless amounts of reports when people drag this thread off topic and it's a bit tiresome to contantly remind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

shhh

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭feedthegoat

Galibier have a few nice reductions on their outlet page, picked up a Mistral Pro at €60 for next Winter. Gets very positive reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭mosstin

Galibier have a few nice reductions on their outlet page, picked up a Mistral Pro at €60 for next Winter. Gets very positive reviews.

All sale items here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,775 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

mosstin wrote: »
    All sale items here.

damn you! just bought a Mistral Pro, now I'll have to go cycling in the cold to justify it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What is sizing like for the galibier tops when compared to a gabba?

there's a load of reviews with sizing advice for the jacket at least. I'm 173cm, 70kg and went for the Medium. Supposedly you can wear it with just a base layer down to about 5C.

I have their winter tights in medium and they're a snug fit (but Large would be hanging off me).

For me, Gabba XXL = Galibier Mistral Foul Weather XL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Pulled the trigger on the Mistral Pro - have the "normal" mistral and the old mistral lite (which was more like their recent jersey rather than a gillet). Also have a couple of pairs of mistral bibs (as well as non mistral shorts, tempest jacket etc). If returning custom is an indicator, take this as my review! I've always found the sizing as per their size chart. They call out race fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭feedthegoat

loyatemu wrote: »
    damn you! just bought a Mistral Pro, now I'll have to go cycling in the cold to justify it :)

No need to hibernate this winter☀️

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

planetx are selling a waterproof jacket for €89.99....wondering if anybody has it?

http://planetxireland.com/products-page/clothing/planet-x-hydrosphere-waterproof-jacket/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Pulled the trigger on the Mistral Pro - have the "normal" mistral and the old mistral lite (which was more like their recent jersey rather than a gillet). Also have a couple of pairs of mistral bibs (as well as non mistral shorts, tempest jacket etc). If returning custom is an indicator, take this as my review! I've always found the sizing as per their size chart. They call out race fit.

Bought it myself, that's about €230 gone out of my pocket to Galibier this week alone.

Quality gear though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,418 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Just ordered the mistral pro and the wind jacket. Hope they fit. Found the sizing on the galibier bib shorts and tights to be a little strange before. Huge difference between medium and large.

Found the sizing on the galibier bib shorts and tights to be a little strange before. Huge difference between medium and large.
    I have large from a year or two ago, and medium after a bit more weight loss (both bibs and shorts) and find them interchangeable - only for very long spins do I make sure I go medium! Bib's are very personal choice/ tied to body shape though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭purple hands

Are the mistral jackets a bit much for the casual commuter? Tempted by the foul weather jacket. Want something lighter than my winter jacket for rainy days outside of winter

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭conkennedy

Go Pro are going a deal with €100 off the new Hero8 with a free 32gb micro SD and adapter

https://gopro.com/en/ie/shop/cameras/hero8-black/CHDHX-801-master.html/#hero8black

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Are the mistral jackets a bit much for the casual commuter? Tempted by the foul weather jacket. Want something lighter than my winter jacket for rainy days outside of winter

If this (https://galibier.cc/product/mistral-foul-weather-jacket-2109/) is what you're referring to I can vouch for it's comfort and effectiveness. I find it perfect for the 4 seasons in one day winter conditions we often encounter. It's perfect with just a base layer if the temps are >5c & <12c and below 5c an additional light full sleeve top is enough to stay warm right down to 0c but I usually avoid going out if I know it's going to be that cold as myself and black ice don't have a good relationship.

It also handles rain really well. I do have a heavier winter jacket from Decathlon but it's a bit OTT, the Galibier Foul Weather jacket is my default winter jacket. Highly recommend it.

I have a Mistral Foul Weather jacket. I wore it yesterday on a 70km spin, with a light base layer.
    They're great from freezing to about 13 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Slightly pricier than your typical bargain alert but triuk.com have some decent deals on the Focus Paralane range.

298402.jpg

298628.jpg

You might think €2300 to €3000 for 105/Ultegra specc'd gravel bikes with hydraulic brakes is not much of a deal but bear in mind these bikes also come with a 250W electric motor.

https://www.triuk.com/search/Focus-Paralane2

there's a load of reviews with sizing advice for the jacket at least. I'm 173cm, 70kg and went for the Medium. Supposedly you can wear it with just a base layer down to about 5C.

I have their winter tights in medium and they're a snug fit (but Large would be hanging off me).

OK this (Mistral Pro) arrived. Fits fine but quite short at the front - anyone else got one, is this just the design?

• Advertisement

OK this (Mistral Pro) arrived. Fits fine but quite short at the front - anyone else got one, is this just the design?
    Mine arrived and seemed short at the front too. However, I double checked my quick step blue "Mistral" jacket and it's the same cut. I've (obviously as I pulled the trigger on the "Pro") never had issues with that cut on the bike.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement