Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,138 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It's awful hitting the wrong letters or whatever, I miss my old button Nokia :pac:

After 4 the button can be hard to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,842 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

After 4 the button can be hard to find.

Not necessarily any different after four if it was good enough at the start .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭This time with style

Mam of 4 wrote:
    It's awful hitting the wrong letters or whatever, I miss my old button Nokia

It's cracking me up! I got a new phone a couple of weeks ago and especially since I put the screen protector on its getting worse. And don't talk to me about the space bar grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Had a couple of cans of pear cider. Then wonder if it counts as any of the five a day. Quick internet search tells me no it does not.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Had a couple of cans of pear cider. Then wonder if it counts as any of the five a day. Quick internet search tells me no it does not.

It does during lockdown:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The total ineptitude of An Post. According to the online tracking, I have a parcel sitting in the sorting office in Dublin since the 11th of June,
    I rang today to query the delay and apparently it’s because of coronavirus. I have ordered other stuff online using other couriers over the last few months and they took maybe 1-2 days extra to arrive, at a maximum.

My parcel has been sitting there almost a month and they said if I don’t get it by the end of July to ring again. This is a piss take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The Post-Covid experts.
    Opinions range from predicting a mini-boom era to the complete breakdown of western society.

Nobody knows and that's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

Oh my God. Like how is it possible to actually hear their exact words?
    Are you not worried about what they can hear from your room?!

Because they're so obnoxiously loud. There were other people living there before them and I barely ever even noticed them. If these people kept their voices down, it'd be muffled conversation which wouldn't be too intrusive. What happens is they start talking over each other and get louder and louder, and more and more high pitched. Verging on arguing, a lot of the time, with no regard to the person on the other side of the wall trying to get to sleep at 1am.

Nope, not worried what they can hear from my room because I'm quiet. I don't talk on the phone after about 9pm and if I have to, I keep my voice very low. Not getting any bedroom 'action' due to no dating during the pandemic so no issue there.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lainey, I'm TA for you.

Are you up before them in the morning? If you are you should blare the most obnoxious music known to man.

Incredibly ignorant to carry on like that when they know you can hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

You should leave that group. Doesn't sound like you're getting much out of it except annoyance. I haven't had that experience with other parents at all to be honest. I've found the exact opposite in that others parents were really encouraging, particularly with our first child. But then again I never joined a parenting group so maybe that's where the demons doth dwell :D
    Yes, though leaving the group will not help with my nosy neighbour standing at my front door a week after I had my child asking how I am feeding her. If only it were confined to the group. Being a FTM in lockdown is difficult if course - not like I can just lunch with the other mammies or pop along to a meetup :(

TA there was a f*cker slug in the press tonight. What the actual... I know the weather is bad but seriously, stay outside where you belong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,176 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA there was a f*cker slug in the press tonight. What the actual... I know the weather is bad but seriously, stay outside where you belong.

I could show you pics of what slugs get up to in the dark but they are too gross to post.
    A friend of mine took them of a slug feasting on something one night.
    I posted them on the WTF thread but they got taken down :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Ultrflat

blade1 wrote: »
    I could show you pics of what slugs get up to in the dark but they are too gross to post.

*vomits*

They are horrible creatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

blade1 wrote: »

Nope you can keep that beauty all to yourself

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I left my prescription sunglasses in for polarisation.
    I didn't realise you can't see your phone screen (well not successfully anyway) with the glasses on now!

To thine own self be true

TA'd about technology and 'not knowing'

Several times my screen (laptop) has frozen/gone blank/half blank etc..
    Can't arrow back or 'x' out a lot of the time. Sometimes up to or more than a half hour or so..:mad: I suppose I could restart or shut down, but for some reason I don't like doing either of those..

What I don't know:

* Is boards slow?
    * Is the internet connection poor?
    * Is my laptop too old?
    * Has my laptop not been 'updated'?
    * Have I too many tabs open? - rarely have more than 2 or three open at anytime.
    * Is it also because sometimes I have Boards open on two tabs?
    *Is it a combination of 1 or more of the above, or even 'other' ; which would be beyond me to fathom.

Usually happens on Boards, but I'm not on any other social media. :(

They say "not Knowing" is the worst but I don't always agree with that - there are exceptions however :pac:

TA'd at my TLDR TA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

The phrase "new normal" and how whenever someone says it, they say it as if they were the first one to say it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

EmptyTree wrote: »
    The phrase "new normal" and how whenever someone says it, they say it as if they were the first one to say it.

I said it myself today by mistake and nearly vomitted I was so annoyed that I'd done it. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

TA'd about technology and 'not knowing'

Several times my screen (laptop) has frozen/gone blank/half blank etc..
    Can't arrow back or 'x' out a lot of the time. Sometimes up to or more than a half hour or so..:mad: I suppose I could restart or shut down, but for some reason I don't like doing either of those..

What I don't know:

* Is boards slow?
    * Is the internet connection poor?
    * Is my laptop too old?
    * Has my laptop not been 'updated'?
    * Have I too many tabs open? - rarely have more than 2 or three open at anytime.
    * Is it also because sometimes I have Boards open on two tabs?
    *Is it a combination of 1 or more of the above, or even 'other' ; which would be beyond me to fathom.

Usually happens on Boards, but I'm not on any other social media. :(

They say "not Knowing" is the worst but I don't always agree with that - there are exceptions however :pac:

TA'd at my TLDR TA :D

Have no idea what any of that means.I assume it's a bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I didn't realise you can't see your phone screen (well not successfully anyway) with the glasses on now!

Turn the phone 90 degrees in any direction. Bit of a pain, but removes the polarisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,054 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Turn the phone 90 degrees in any direction. Bit of a pain, but removes the polarisation.

Are you taking the mickey? :D

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

No, true story. The polarisation apparantly works that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Message for me this morning: Please phone X.

X is well known in the service for being an idiot who loves to faff on the phone for at least 45 minutes. It's my last day in the office before I go on 2 weeks leave. Could I just................not?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Tear off the plaster Molly. Just ring X.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Yes he is.
    You need to keep the phone absolutely still and rotate your head 90 degrees.

DO NOT ROTATE THE PHONE.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,214 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

while it may sound like a pisstake it genuinely isnt

https://lowdown.carphonewarehouse.com/how-to/i-cant-see-my-phone-through-my-sunglasses/30944/#:~:text=Well%2C%20there's%20nothing%20wrong%20with,to%20see%20in%20bright%20sunlight.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Yes he is.
    You need to keep the phone absolutely still and rotate your head 90 degrees.

DO NOT ROTATE THE PHONE.

If you do and say Steve Jobs three times, he appears behind you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up with a headache, there the worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,572 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Baggly wrote: »
    Tear off the plaster Molly. Just ring X.

But I don't wanna. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,491 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Put a 5 between his phone code and his n., e.g. 087 5 1234567 and it'll go straight to voicemail. :cool: :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement